19 hours ago, Emile said:

Players who should play

Ripley in goal

Polish lad at centre back

Ojo as holding midfielder

Chis centrally behind striker

Wilson as the poacher like he was against Swindon and Mansfield in playoffs

Mighton as a left sided winger

Then build the rest of the team around them and that system. I think its 4 2 3 1 personally 

Ripley

Lowe / Smith / Polish lad / Jones

Ojo / Walters

Massey (if we had any other option I would) / Chis / Mighton

Wilson

Subs;

Rotweiler
Dipepa
Debrah
Sang
Loft
Shorrock
Weir

This is a good way to pick a team. Decide what good players we have, and let them play in their right position. Then fill up with what you have left.

Give this man the job!

Advert

21 hours ago, osprey said:

At least Carol and Mr Evan’s get to have another chat

Not sure why RZ is confused.  Carol and Mr Evan's seem to get on and chat and have a good relationship according to press.

Carol - drop in the conversation - do you want the job at Vale.  How about a dozen pies on none match days and 2 dozen on match days.  What do you think.  We will also put a microwave in the dug out for you to heat up the pies on match day.  Does that swing it?

1 hour ago, Brian said:

This is a good way to pick a team. Decide what good players we have, and let them play in their right position. Then fill up with what you have left.

Give this man the job!

Thought it was - Rippers in goal.  Then throw the names up into the air and hope they land onto the page.  Those that land in a formation play, those that bounce off the page are on the bench.  Those furthest away from the page come on last.  

Just hope the players have got over their shock of AC going and now they may have to actually play football and get produce on the pitch.  Fans would like to see some fight, trying to score and showing they want to win.  Do that they will not be upset about losing the game.  Do what they have done the past 5 games - roll over and tickle my tummy opposition is not good.

Wonder who will come out with the apology after the game from the players.  

It’s going to be ugly against a Steve Evans outfit that’s one thing I can be sure of. The team, performance, result & atmosphere who knows 🤷‍♂️ just hope we can show some passion & get a result. I personally want the new gaffer in before Saturday. I know it can’t be rushed but we don’t have time to mess about either we need to start picking up some points. 

23 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

My team not that it matters as it will not be 

Ripley

Cass (recalled )Lopaco Jones 

Sang   Ojo Grant.  Weir Chislett  

Bipepa 

Debrah 

In the last 3 games the only goal we have scored which should have stood v Fleetwood Debrah banged it in .

So we have now reached a critical time where we cannot have players hiding .

Grant would be better in the position he supposed play Central midfield .

Dipepa runs about and that's the least our suffering fans expect he also makes challenges .

I think the new centre half did OK but wouldn't be unhappy if selected Smith ,Smith and Jones at times last season did OK together .

I know fans don't rate Jones on this website but at least the lad plays forwards

Shorrock need beef up a bit I wouldn't be playing him.again unless a 20 minute cameo off bench.

Other than that if I was going dont want see Loft and Wilson in a Vale shirt again .

Wilson has hid when we need him show his quality to show nothing for 3 games well I see why he limps off 

Loft has no goal attempts is not quick enough be a first line of defence and generally what entertainment value as he given in however many minutes he as played 

We can't recall Cass🙄

4th time playing Stevenage this season! To be honest in each match I thought there was little between us and felt we could have won the first league fixture and came away thinking that this was a boring draw against two mid table teams. 

How wrong I was! 

It is difficult to see how we are going to get out of this mess on the pitch. We have a lot of fixtures coming up and no time to get all our best players up to speed. If you treat players as an expendable resource they are bound to be less interested in putting any effort in.

Hard one to call this. Stevenage lost 0-1 to Reading on Tuesday night, could be the start of a form dip for them. And typical Vale, just when we think things'll get even worse, we pull off a surprise like the Blackpool game. Plus we might have the new situation bounce and the players really do pull their fingers out. Who knows? 

But on the other hand, this is Vale we're talking about! From being a team that was hard to beat in late August/early September we've become a side that's hard to lose against. Only Blackpool have managed that recently. Heaven knows, Leyton Orient, Portsmouth, Cheltenham, Fleetwood, Carlisle have all tried their utmost best but they just couldn't do it.

So anything could happen on Saturday.

KTF UTV VTID

4 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

Thought it was - Rippers in goal.  Then throw the names up into the air and hope they land onto the page.  Those that land in a formation play, those that bounce off the page are on the bench.  Those furthest away from the page come on last.  

Just hope the players have got over their shock of AC going and now they may have to actually play football and get produce on the pitch.  Fans would like to see some fight, trying to score and showing they want to win.  Do that they will not be upset about losing the game.  Do what they have done the past 5 games - roll over and tickle my tummy opposition is not good.

Wonder who will come out with the apology after the game from the players.  

I think this is harsh.

Available players I think can do a good job if allowed to play in their best position include Smith, Ojo, Chislett, Debrah, Wilson, Jones, Sang, Lowe

Add in Mighton, Weir, Gore if fit, Lopata, Dipepa/Shorrock, and a bit pragmatism , organisation and grit, and you have a team that ought to be able to hold their own.

1 minute ago, Brian said:

I think this is harsh.

Available players I think can do a good job if allowed to play in their best position include Smith, Ojo, Chislett, Debrah, Wilson, Jones, Sang, Lowe

Add in Mighton, Weir, Gore if fit, Lopata, Dipepa/Shorrock, and a bit pragmatism , organisation and grit, and you have a team that ought to be able to hold their own.

You would think a bit of organisation and the 3 lads covering for the manager - having time to be with the 1st team players and get their thoughts over - how they want them to play - what they expect etc, we may see a different team saturday.  But felt for the 3 lads being thrown into the other night was harsh.  Flickers should have been there for them and not hiding in the background as he didn't want to be anywhere near the dug out.  

Saturday we may see a new side with spirt and fight.  Well you can dream.

4 hours ago, mbycars said:

We can't recall Cass🙄

exactly and please don’t play Jones as I think he is a waste of pay and Ojo doesn’t look fit at all, certainly not at Fleetwood or the other night and personally I don’t see a goals ref anywhere with Garrity out and I doubt we will see ikpaezo again Sadler

Well it's Thurs no sign of a manager.

Hope  called off there's no way after the other nights whatever that was supposed be (let's watch Orient play the whole game with pace and see how many they score with little opposition to it as they go past us with ease most of the night )that with those 3 highly rated with kids but obviously not up the job with first team get to manage the team again. 

I'd give it John Rudge if games on .

Like I say hope it isn't though play it when Garrity Clark and Plants back in fact play all remaining games in June Uche be back then and I might get excited at a football match then .

The whole point of football is ENTERTAINMENT the pre match fanzone dj is more enjoyable lately and that says it all 

UTV 

Archived