onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

30 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

I have been told a couple of things that I believe to be true. Firstly we had or were very close to appointing Kennedy earlier this week. Somebody told me it was done but for whatever reason this hasn't happened. I suspect that this was a quick appointment without a formal interview but fan reaction was not positive, so maybe they backtracked.

Secondly, I have also been told we've only conducted one formal interview and this person will be unveiled early next week. The second part makes it sound like this person was a prime target and the interview was just a formality.

Well, that’s one more interview done than the 2 previous managers and DOF put together. 

Advert

19 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:
27 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:
And it is.......?

The person wouldn't tell me who it is but I trust them implicitly.

Klopp is at Liverpool till the end of season, we will be down by then. 

1 hour ago, Vital Spark said:

The fella on the right looks like Chris Powell.

I thought that too. Current assistant to the head coach at Sheff Wed after being head of youth coaching (all ages) at Spurs before then.  Hasn’t ‘managed’ for 5 years but was coach for England (under Southgate) in that time before joining Tottenham ( involved with the Devine deal before he left?) Perhaps he wants to step back into management again?

5 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

I thought that too. Current assistant to the head coach at Sheff Wed after being head of youth coaching (all ages) at Spurs before then.  Hasn’t ‘managed’ for 5 years but was coach for England (under Southgate) in that time before joining Tottenham ( involved with the Devine deal before he left?) Perhaps he wants to step back into management again?

He might do. But that's not Chris Powell. They are just 4 blokes watching a football match. 

I watched the match with 5 of my mates. None of them were Eddie Howe or Gareth Southgate though.

41 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

He might do. But that's not Chris Powell. They are just 4 blokes watching a football match. 

I watched the match with 5 of my mates. None of them were Eddie Howe or Gareth Southgate though.

They're probably wiser than those 2 though 

Being speaking to a Sheffield Wednesday pal of mine RE Darren Moore he said this.

As a manager he is ok but he has to be working with the best players to get results at Wednesday when they got promoted they had the best players in the league and still only managed third the majority of his tactical decisions were at best ok but he then got found out in the Championship.

He also said being in a relegation battle Darren Moore is not the man you need to get you out of it. 

11 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

The guy on the left has grey just at the bottom of his beard - which is the same as Moore.

There has to be more to life. 

Not read the rest of the thread yet so it might already of been stated since your post BUT if this is what people were going off when they said Moore was there then he wont be our new manager,for me looks nowt like him and i think it's now been pointed out that they were friends of someone in a box weren't they ?

9 hours ago, Mellor! said:

Well I saw a helicopter arriving in Nottingham on the telly before the Forest Newcastle game so Howe could have been at our game???

43 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Not read the rest of the thread yet so it might already of been stated since your post BUT if this is what people were going off when they said Moore was there then he wont be our new manager,for me looks nowt like him and i think it's now been pointed out that they were friends of someone in a box weren't they ?

The picture isn't Moore.

However, Alan Nixon (who gets a lot right) says we are keen on him. We've at least spoken to him.

2 hours ago, Southern_Valiant said:

Being speaking to a Sheffield Wednesday pal of mine RE Darren Moore he said this.

As a manager he is ok but he has to be working with the best players to get results at Wednesday when they got promoted they had the best players in the league and still only managed third the majority of his tactical decisions were at best ok but he then got found out in the Championship.

He also said being in a relegation battle Darren Moore is not the man you need to get you out of it. 

A counter:

1. He never managed Wednesday in the Championship - left in June before the season started, so your mate is making stuff up. EDIT - he did briefly, but he got pneumonia and Covid, and they got relegated after he arrived when they were in the relegation zone. Not having that.

2. They did finish third, but finished with 96 points - which would pretty much guarantee you the title in every other League 1 season. They were just incredibly unlucky that Ipswich and Plymouth put up historic seasons. It was the best third place finish ever.

3. Sounds like fan bias - "we had the best players in the league" - a hard disagree from me. Ipswich, with the same squad, are now 4th in the Championship, with Chaplin, Morsy, Davis, Broadhead etc, who would all walk into Wednesday's team. Plymouth had Mumba, Whittaker, Azaz, who again were better than anything Wednesday had. Wednesday had Bannan hobbling about in the middle as their best player. All of their forwards were 30+. It's a good squad, but making out a team that played Marvin Johnson and Liam Palmer 52 times was the best in the league is just fan bias.

Wednesday fans always seemed an incredibly entitled bunch last year, moaning their way to 96 points and perhaps the most memorable playoff campaign ever. He took a good, experienced squad and nearly delivered 100 points. He's never finished lower than 9th in League 1.

Archived