onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

Advert

Would not think that the owners or Flitcroft would have any idea what happened all those years ago. I was there, horrible tackle but if he is a decent coach/manager i personally would have him. Both Lee Hughes and Tom Pope were involved in unsavoury incidents but were excepted. Tin hat on.

16 minutes ago, Alfie1962 said:

Would not think that the owners or Flitcroft would have any idea what happened all those years ago. I was there, horrible tackle but if he is a decent coach/manager i personally would have him. Both Lee Hughes and Tom Pope were involved in unsavoury incidents but were excepted. Tin hat on.

He’s never managed a game of football in his life. No thanks, why would you be happy with that mate? 

34 minutes ago, Alfie1962 said:

I would have thought it was part of any due diligence to look if there was any history with the club. Wouldn't want to reappoint Jim Gannon for example.

6 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I would have thought it was part of any due diligence to look if there was any history with the club. Wouldn't want to reappoint Jim Gannon for example.

Gannon is quite fresh in people's memories. If I remember Eamon O'Keefe did a horrendous tackle on someone in front of the now closed off Lorne St. Not arguing about it, just a opinion.

1 minute ago, Alfie1962 said:

Gannon is quite fresh in people's memories. If I remember Eamon O'Keefe did a horrendous tackle on someone in front of the now closed off Lorne St. Not arguing about it, just a opinion.

I am just thinking that it would be a potential flash point with the fans if we were to perform badly under him as a manager. Football fans have long memories, or at least some do. Look at all the furore when we are linked with ex St*ke players for example...

14 hours ago, MBE said:

Footballer Insider reporting Paul Robinson has been shortlisted.

This really concerns me as we appear to be looking at coach’s. 

Flitcroft wants a coach and not a manager so he can continue to run the club and pull the strings.... so forget all the excitement over Moore,it will be someone inexperienced who he can control

I agree alot of water under ths bridge. We are all different characters acter time.

14 hours ago, MBE said:

Club/Carol are not listening 

I have to be honest here and say although she is the owner I have no doubt that she wont be the one choosing a manager only paying for it.

So we get rid of an inexperienced manager/coach and pay him and 2 other members of the backroom team,to then possibly bring in another inexperienced coach and assistant and paying for them....... you couldn't make it up.

I can sense it now,we lose today and protests begin,a club statement will follow to say because of the protests it scared off a potential experienced manager...... Bratt used to say that about investors

With all the names in the frame I think whoever is appointed will tell us alot about the current mindset and ambition of the owners.  We have already been told that DF isnt going anywhere so my fear is we will get a coach that is controlled instead of an experienced manger who will want to do things his way.

I think im in a minority here in not necessarily wanting a massively experienced manager. I want a thorough recruitment to find the right person with the qualities to lead and seems able to execute his vision. People here would have lost their s*** if we had appointed john mousinho last year, but we’d take him now. If such an appointment was good enough for Portsmouth why not us. Much preferably to a journeyman with numerous failures on his CV. 

Archived