onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Manager is ?

Fosse69

Advert

It looks likely and very sensible to me that Flitcroft takes over as manager until the end of the season. He's got all the experience and a pretty good record. With the games coming up this month I am concerned there isn't time for an external recruitment exercise. I think it's the way to go. Need to find his assistant. I guess he will know someone.

1 minute ago, Warren said:

It looks likely and very sensible to me that Flitcroft takes over as manager until the end of the season. He's got all the experience and a pretty good record. With the games coming up this month I am concerned there isn't time for an external recruitment exercise. I think it's the way to go. Need to find his an assistant. 

I agree. Sad to see Crosby go seems like a nice guy but we had to get rid.

2 hours ago, Raveninblack said:

Get Gareth Ainsworth in with Lion Legg as defensive coach as he only lives in Bidulph and get rid of Dun and Flitcroft 

Pork Veal - the antitheses of Forest Green Rovers with our lion’s leg propped up on the bench 

2 minutes ago, MBE said:

Oh my god we mean business.

IMG_1034.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Warren said:

It looks likely and very sensible to me that Flitcroft takes over as manager until the end of the season. He's got all the experience and a pretty good record. With the games coming up this month I am concerned there isn't time for an external recruitment exercise. I think it's the way to go. Need to find his assistant. 

Can he sack himself after and perhaps hire AC as his assistant?  Then get Boomer to become DoF. 

Flitcroft cannot manage us, he has one job only and cannot do that.

2 minutes ago, ginginator said:

Can he sack himself after and perhaps hire AC as his assistant?  Then get Boomer to become DoF. 

He side stepped the manager job before and got himself a cushy number as DoF part time 

1 minute ago, ginginator said:

There would have to be repurposing of roles and structure. There is risk in any direction. But I think we hover just above emergency at the moment and we need an experienced manager now. We can backfill DoF work more easily. 

1 minute ago, osprey said:

He side stepped the manager job before and got himself a cushy number as DoF part time 

Yes, I've no insight on willingness to take it. Also no insight if a replacement manager has been lined up or semi lined up because it's been clear for a while this dismissal may be needed. I doubt Carol has dived off the cliffs into the rough water and is more likely paddling into the water off the beach. 

I know this is a cliche, but how long would JR have lasted in this day and age? Relegated in his first partial season, then a mediocre 12th place in his first full season in charge. That's what I really don't like about modern football. There's no time or patience from anyone.

I am upset by today, as I was with DC, which is why I'm posting a lot more than usual. Just saddens me is all.

8 minutes ago, MBE said:

I’m thinking we are going to stay with a coach. We are so nice with a squad full of kids expect us to be looking at England U21’s U19’s & U18!s coaches for our next appointment.

Lee Carsley is from Brum originally and would be an ideal choice, but he's complete pie-in-the-sky stuff, as he's certainly waiting on a Championship, if not a Premier League job (...if not actually angling to be in the mix to succeed Southgate himself later this year!). He turned down the Ireland job a week or so back.

Going against the grain having read this thread but a big NO from me for Pete Wild.

I’ve watched Barrow quite a few times this season. His style of football is best described .and I’m being kind is pragmatic. For those think Ainsworth doesn’t fit with his style he certainly fits in that category. That could because it’s L2 on a small pitch but his Halifax team was very similar.

2 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Lee Carsley is from Brum originally and would be an ideal choice, but he's complete pie-in-the-sky stuff, as he's certainly waiting on a Championship, if not a Premier League job (...if not actually angling to be in the mix to succeed Southgate himself later this year!). He turned down the Ireland job a week or so back.

Yes I’ve seen him linked to quite a few other jobs over the past few years.

24 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

Left field shout but Tommy Widdrington has done an incredible job at Aldershot - taken them from relegation battle to playoff candidates in a year, brought a lad in for peanuts and sold him for £250k and had a decent cup run. They’ve also got a couple of other youngsters that I would expect will go for decent fees in the summer.

I actually don't give a fck for the club atm but he is a very good manager. However, I can't see him as a man to work under our current DoF 

Archived