onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Reading (A) match thread - 20th Feb

geoff1

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

On what basis does Jones make your midfield mate ?

If he does his Hollywood ball from further up the pitch it's just going to go for a Reading goal kick.

I just think Jones has something he as that non stop work rate and when his passing good it's very good .

I know you don't like him but he for me if we ever going win games of football you need players who play forwards the others pass is slowly and when pass pass it really slowly 🐌

I think Jones has a lot more offer hope he proves me right if ever gets match fit .

Edited by Devine intervention

Advert

14 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

I just think Jones has something he as that non stop work rate and when his passing good it's very good .

I know you don't like him but he for me if we ever going win games of football you need players who play forwards the others pass is slowly and when pass pass it really slowly 🐌

I think Jones has a lot more offer hope he proves me right if ever gets match fit .

It's like you with Smith mate. I just don't rate him whatsoever. Freed by Salford and ends up at Port Vale for what will be 4 years whist probably playing less than 80 games in those 4 years. 

The fact he's injured again would sum him up.

And you can't deny that a couple of free kicks he gave away on Saturday were beyond awful. And sadly I still remember his performance at Barnsley. 

He's just never fit is he. Far worse than Wilson. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Birches Head Fred said:
11 hours ago, Loggerheads Sage said:
Surely hardly anyone will go to this match in the circumstances?  Watch it on ifollow,  at least the vale get some cash then.   I think a completely empty away end sends a message to the efl.   And b4 someone comments about supporting the team,  big away followings haven't helped in the slightest recently.   Might send a message to others at the same time?

Can you watch on i-follow if there's a Premier league game on ?

Yes mate .

1 hour ago, Andy Proctor said:

Were basically going lose a game tonight that shouldn't have even had to be replayed. Reading have had no punishment for what they did getting that game abandoned intact it has benefitted them as they have pulled out the bottom 4, whereas for us it's worse as we're on a poor run, depleted squad and now in the bottom 4. Reading are basically going stay up despite them not being able afford pay the wages or be run properly at the expense of a club being run within there means.

We were not winning the original game so  its a pointless moan

Reading always play with four at the back so it's important we don't go with something stupid like one man up front.

I saw them away at Wigan and they've kicked on a lot since then but I didn't see anything that worried me in that game.

Andy Yiadom was excellent that said, and if we've got Connor Grant down that left side, then Grant's in for a busy  and stressful night

Edited by nodge
  • Thanks 1

I don't see how folk can see it as a guaranteed lose .

There's no pressure on Vale tonight they should have free coaches on for original 800 odd who went (Reading pay for them that is  ) )with a very low turnout we can play with the freedom of Leyton Orient 205 fans Stevenage 195 who managed get positive results at Vale Park. 

I personally think we will win seen2 magpies this morning that's 2 for joy 

Be just like Vale perform when no one's there 

Edited by Devine intervention

Reading always play with four at the back so it's important we don't go with something stupid like one man up front.
I saw them away at Wigan and they've kicked on a lot since then but I didn't see anything that worried me in that game.
Andy Yiadom was excellent that said, and if we've got Connor Grant down that left side, then Grant's in for a busy  and stressful night

Seem to be using long throws in the last 3rd lately, I assume our analysts will pick up.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Devine intervention said:

I don't see how folk can see it as a guaranteed lose .

There's no pressure on Vale tonight they should have free coaches on for original 800 odd who went (Reading that is )with a very low turnout we can play with the freedom of Leyton Orient 205 fans Stevenage 195 who managed get positive results at Vale Park. 

I personally think we will win seen2 magpies this morning that's 2 for joy 

Be just like Vale perform when no one's there 

Totally agree about the coaches. A lot of people will be working but if we did four or five coach loads it would cost maybe 5 grand ? 

I know it wasn't Vale's fault but would of been greatly appreciated by many. 

I've still yet to receive a reply from Reading about refunding my train ticket which I wasted my breath doing anyway. 

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

It's like you with Smith mate. I just don't rate him whatsoever. Freed by Salford and ends up at Port Vale for what will be 4 years whist probably playing less than 80 games in those 4 years. 

The fact he's injured again would sum him up.

And you can't deny that a couple of free kicks he gave away on Saturday were beyond awful. And sadly I still remember his performance at Barnsley. 

He's just never fit is he. Far worse than Wilson. 

I think it’s also worth noting that in jones time with us  Im struggling to think of much good that he’s done for us where he’s made a difference or an impact. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Seem to be using long throws in the last 3rd lately, I assume our analysts will pick up.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

There's a lot of individual battles out there that need to be won for us to get anything out of the game.

Savage uses the ball well, but hopefully Ojo can keep him in check

Azeez, Wing and Knibbs are all neat and tidy so we need legs on the pitch. I'm not sure this is a game for Jason Lowe

Smith is a good powerful and athletic forward too, so we can't afford to stand off him either.

Button's a strange keeper who sits between the sublime and ridiculous, he's got a mistake or two in him but he kicks well usually and is decent on corners to claim. We need to be shooting early to beat him.

It's a huge game, as all will be between now and the end of the season.