onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Portsmouth (H) match thread - 27th Jan

robf

49 minutes ago, DazFred said:

Here is what I witnessed.

Player drags Uche over on the edge of the box. No foul,no booking,dislocated shoulder for Uche.

18 drags Loft to the ground. No booking. Same player goes straight through Chislett from behind. Second bookable offence. Instead ball gets played to Kamara who dives over Grant. Ref gives the penalty and the points to a very average Pompey who celebrate like they have won the league against a decimated team who haven't played for 3 weeks.

No surprise that the ref went and hid by the Pompey bench. I'm sure he'll enjoy his trip home on the Pompey team coach.

One of the worst refs I've seen

Jesus christ. Thank you. Finally a sensible post. My thoughts exactly, we went toe to toe with the league leaders with a decimated squad who are rusty and only lost a deserved point due to the Shere incompetence of a referee who started badly setting the tone with the softest of bookings after 10 minutes, and just got worse and worse as the game wore on. In the last 20 mins he may as well tossed a coin to make his decisions. It looked increasingly likely that 2 reasonably matched teams would be divided by the one goal and the referee would play a big part. Turned out to be exactly as it happened.

Advert

5 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Anyway amongst all the negativity. Myself included.

Here's a positive thought for next week for us all.

Fleetwood haven't won a game of football since November 11th 

We can't defend and can't score goals at the moment , yeah I'm looking forward to it  

1 minute ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Jesus christ. Thank you. Finally a sensible post. My thoughts exactly, we went toe to toe with the league leaders with a decimated squad who are rusty and only lost a deserved point due to the Shere incompetence of a referee who started badly setting the tone with the softest of bookings after 10 minutes, and just got worse and worse as the game wore on. In the last 20 mins he may as well tossed a coin to make his decisions. It looked increasingly likely that 2 reasonably matched teams would be divided by the one goal and the referee would play a big part. Turned out to be exactly as it happened.

We were battered for most of the game against a side that haven't been in form. We didn't deserve a thing.

7 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Anyway amongst all the negativity. Myself included.

Here's a positive thought for next week for us all.

Fleetwood haven't won a game of football since November 11th. 

Until the 3rd of February 

3 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Toe to toe with them , that's delusional we hardly caused them a problem all match 

Remember when the liner and ref missed the blatant handball from Mal Benning against Swindon, 15 minutes into the 2nd leg? 

Completely transformed the trajectory of both clubs involved. We'd have lost and never reached Wembley. The livelihoods of the Swindon players were directly impacted.

Was he vermin and <JoeB2Censored> for making that mistake that day, or did we all overlook it as it benefitted our football team? Our football team won, so the mistake was fine? But when our football team lose, the mistake is so abhorrent that we cheer someone trying to assault the referee? Would we have cheered a Swindon fan for doing the same?

No foul on Chizzy, just a strong tackle, and dare I say it,from where I was, it looked to me that maybe chizz actually played for the foul when he realised the guy had come in a bit hard.
Defo not a pen imo.
Pompey fans outside main entrance goading Vale fans after the game and one Vale guy got nicked by about 10 stewards.
That pompey dude you see everywhere with his stupid hat and tattoos had there mini bus parked by the players entrance which was just inciting the situation and took for ever to leave as they just all stood outside it winding guys up who were waiting for the ref to come out.
Never a dull moment.

Well did we do enough to win? No! did we deserve loose ? Not really the ref was an absolute disgrace he could not wait to give the penalty no thought on it whatsoever the foul on Chislett beforehand was disgraceful. I feel cheated . Portsmouth are without doubt a very good side .

Archived