onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Lee Mills

nodge

1 hour ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Loft is the worst finisher I have seen at the Vale, imo , anyway  Opinions vary ,but if you think Naylor was a poor finisher you haven't got a clue about centre forwards for me you must be living in cloud cuckoo land 😆😂

Prat …. I said Naylor was very poor one one one finishers. How many one on ones have you seen Loft have?

Advert

14 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Luke Rodgers is probably the worst I have seen. The sheer number of chances he missed against Chasetown alone was appalling. I sometimes wonder how he escapes getting mentioned in the worst ever Vale player lists. 

Biggest sham is that he went on to better things with Yeovil, Portsmouth and New York Red Bulls. He never convinced me at all at Vale..

Buck Rodgers was probably a better finisher 👍 

15 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Loft is the worst finisher I have seen at the Vale, imo , anyway  Opinions vary ,but if you think Naylor was a poor finisher you haven't got a clue about centre forwards for me you must be living in cloud cuckoo land 😆😂

He's barely had any chances, let alone clear cut ones. Crazy statement. He isn't very good, but to focus on his finishing is a bit odd. 

2 minutes ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

He's barely had any chances, let alone clear cut ones. Crazy statement. He isn't very good, but to focus on his finishing is a bit odd. 

Isn't that what forwards are paid to do score goals #. Very bizarre , yeah 😂

39 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Ben Williamson was a very frustrating striker. So much pace but fluffed so many one-on-ones. McPhee could have you tearing your hair out too.

McPhee couldn't hit a barn door the season before he was prolific for us. Not many strikers are consistent for more than a few seasons. Look at Pope. I was laughed off Portvaleonline when I suggested he could replace Marc Richards in the goal scoring charts. The rest is history. Constantines prolific spell came out of nothing too. Mills was part of a golden age for Vale, especially when it came to strikers. He'll be remembered fondly by me at least during those dizzy days in the mid-90s. Nit picking over individual qualities seems daft when most of what I can remember from the Mills, Foyle and Naylor era were goals, goals, goals!

6 minutes ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

I can recall a sitter early on in the Stevenage league game and a poor miss in the last couple of mins v Burton in the cup.

Rather than being a poor finisher I'd say more that he's never in position for a chance. Doesn't gamble enough and always on the periphery .

3 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Isn't that what forwards are paid to do score goals #. Very bizarre , yeah 😂

But if he hasn't had many attempts on goal, how do we know if he's a good finisher or not. It isn't like he's missed loads of clear cut chances. Quite a simple point, really.

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

I can recall a sitter early on in the Stevenage league game and a poor miss in the last couple of mins v Burton in the cup.

Rather than being a poor finisher I'd say more that he's never in position for a chance. Doesn't gamble enough and always on the periphery .

Agreed. The rest of his game looks lacklustre at best.

3 minutes ago, bobbymanc said:

McPhee couldn't hit a barn door the season before he was prolific for us. Not many strikers are consistent for more than a few seasons. Look at Pope. I was laughed off Portvaleonline when I suggested he could replace Marc Richards in the goal scoring charts. The rest is history. Constantines prolific spell came out of nothing too. Mills was part of a golden age for Vale, especially when it came to strikers. He'll be remembered fondly by me at least during those dizzy days in the mid-90s. Nit picking over individual qualities seems daft when most of what I can remember from the Mills, Foyle and Naylor era were goals, goals, goals!

Interestingly, Constantine and Richards got dogs abuse from the fans. Centre forward at Vale is a tough gig!!

12 minutes ago, johnjeffersfanclub said:

Interestingly, Constantine and Richards got dogs abuse from the fans. Centre forward at Vale is a tough gig!!

Unreal that those two got stick.

I guess it comes from the old adage that if you look like you're grafting at Vale then you'll go far with the fans.  That Sodje gets more accolade than Constantine, imo, is a laugh!

I liked Richards, proper number 9.

As I age my memory fades but one goal I remember Lee Mills for is the one he scored against them down the road on a Sunday, they were celebrating a 1-0 win and I  think he came on as sub and scored a bullet header in injury time. Felt so sorry for them !  Oh yes and we started singing "you'll never beat the Vale" 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

Archived