onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

League one relegation watch

Emile

Will Vale be dragged into a relegation battle?  

143 members have voted

1. 1. Will Vale be dragged into a relegation battle?

• Yes
    • No

I think it's far from guaranteed we would be challenging for promotion next season if we went down. Look at the four that dropped last year; only mk Dons in a playoff place. 

Would be an absolute disaster to go down and put us back minimum 3 seasons to get back to where we are now.

• Like 3

Advert

As I said on the other thread yesterday, I'll be very surprised if Crosby makes the start of next season one way or another, obviously if we went down he'd simply have to go(or he'd be dragged out along with Flitcroft as I could see some very angry fans if the worst came to the worst).  Even if we stay up(limping over the line say 18th-20th by a handful of points) ST sales and fan apathy during the close season would see a change having to be made.  A bit like when V2001 had to push the boat out and bring Adams in after the failure of Sinnott and then Glover. 

Whether any of us do or do not rate Crosby then becomes irrelevant, it comes down to running the business of PVFC and the Shanahans would be risking work done off the pitch and investment they've put in by keeping a manager too many of the fanbase don't want.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

Didn’t say he was a bad manager, just pointing out his history. I would say he is unproven to a certain degree, not been given a fair chance whether that’s been for good reason or not. I thought it was strange sacking him after getting Wednesday up, but on the flip side, they had by far the biggest budget last season, and went up via the play offs to a last minute injury time goal against 10 man Barnsley, so he didn’t work wonders for them.

Put it this way Crosby is defo unproven as a manager , you can't compare the two  Moore  is a good manager and Crosby is a coach masquerading as a manager 😆😂

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

We wouldn’t challenge. Best players would leave and we would have the majority of the 11 filled with youth players. If we drop I think we’re in the <ovf censored>. 

I think we are in the s### now, mate 

Edited by Nippy Naylor

On 28/01/2024 at 20:12, darren1810 said:

Shocked at that. Mustn't know our injury situation and propensity to be a charity case to teams in distress. 

Maybe the bookies know more about the other teams than we do. They are rarely wrong. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Put it this way Crosby is defo unproven as a manager , you can't compare the two  Moore  is a good manager and Crosby is a coach masquerading as a manager 😆😂

Absolutely no chance of Moore managing us when you look at the teams he has managed previously. He clearly only manages teams who play in stripes. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Crosby is a coach in his first managerial role. As was John Rudge.

Edited by barny61
Addition
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

We need to stop these comparisons with the great man.

Whilst factually correct Rudge was a total one off.

Crosby has arguably managed a full season now counting his caretaker role when Clarke was absent. He's a cheap option and I'm sorry but to not interview another single candidate last April was a complete dereliction of duty by those concerned. 

We don't know that for certain though Darren, given time he might  be the best thing we've ever had although it doesn't seem so at the moment. Only time will tell.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2