onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

Just now, Powerline said:

Have to agree to disagree unfortunately. It is my opinion that we will lose a lot more games between now and the end of the season if Crosby stays in charge. Therefore I want us to lose if it means he’s gone so we can win more long term.

All very good getting rid of Crosby but who are we going to get in to replace him at this current time? We have next to no budget for new players, can’t offload players while in contract. At the moment we are in a position in the table that even the optimists at the start of the season will have taken, Crosby won’t have his contract renewed come the end of season when we can spend the time and resources to get the right manager in, getting rid now will just rush that decision.

Advert

2 minutes ago, philpvfc said:

All very good getting rid of Crosby but who are we going to get in to replace him at this current time? We have next to no budget for new players, can’t offload players while in contract. At the moment we are in a position in the table that even the optimists at the start of the season will have taken, Crosby won’t have his contract renewed come the end of season when we can spend the time and resources to get the right manager in, getting rid now will just rush that decision.

I refuse to accept that Cambridge have the funds to sack their manager and appoint Neil Harris but we can’t do the same.

Crosby will see us relegated. 

41 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Cheltenham not been very good made it an even worse result, he should have gone immediately after that game.  We should not have given him that Mansfield game, us providing that one extra kept him in a job for another 2 months and we have one good performance since to show for it.

I'd say Burton home and away and Stevenage at home were decent performances in the FA Cup, we also got draws at Lincoln and Wycombe and a win at Exeter in the league those two months. As ever, opinions differ but I don't think it's accurate to say we've seen one good performance in 2 months....and if you're picking up points despite not playing well I'll take that over good performances and no points any day.

We're always hearing "it's a results business" and our results at present have us mid-table. 

I can't say I'm overjoyed at the moment but I also think the FA Cup & League Cup exits have suddenly bought into focus the fact we're in much the same position as this time last year - i.e with a whole lot of  fixtures to play and most likely a mid-table finish. 

I'm fine with that.

6 hours ago, smithie said:

I'd say Burton home and away and Stevenage at home were decent performances in the FA Cup, we also got draws at Lincoln and Wycombe and a win at Exeter in the league those two months. As ever, opinions differ but I don't think it's accurate to say we've seen one good performance in 2 months....and if you're picking up points despite not playing well I'll take that over good performances and no points any day.

We're always hearing "it's a results business" and our results at present have us mid-table. 

I can't say I'm overjoyed at the moment but I also think the FA Cup & League Cup exits have suddenly bought into focus the fact we're in much the same position as this time last year - i.e with a whole lot of  fixtures to play and most likely a mid-table finish. 

I'm fine with that.

2nd half against Lincoln was not very good and lack of game management knowledge from Crosby cost us the 3 points.

The same with the FA Cup replay against Stevenage. Not a good a second half and lack of game management knowledge (common theme happening) cost the club not only the game but a small welcome fortune.

Exeter and Wycombe were both dire performances but yet we come out with 4 points.

2nd half against Lincoln was not very good and lack of game management knowledge from Crosby cost us the 3 points.
The same with the FA Cup replay against Stevenage. Not a good a second half and lack of game management knowledge (common theme happening) cost the club not only the game but a small welcome fortune.
Exeter and Wycombe were both dire performances but yet we come out with 4 points.
Can you please explain the lack of game management at Lincoln ?
Since I was at the game, I'm struggling to comprehend your view.

11 hours ago, philpvfc said:

Difficult to short list managers without advertising it plus I do not rate Flitcroft capable of gathering a list of decent replacements, he doesn’t have enough friends to choose from. 

That’s not how football industry works.

35 minutes ago, Birches Head Fred said:

Can you please explain the lack of game management at Lincoln ?
Since I was at the game, I'm struggling to comprehend your view.

I felt we surrendered the initiative. We were so on top. We got deeper and deeper and it felt almost an inevitability that they'd equalise. A 2nd goal was game over. 

Didn't Crosby himself allude to something about that game ? I can't speak for Brian and what he means but my take was that the equaliser was on the cards and maybe the fact we had 2 unused subs was something we got wrong. Would of broken up the play .

10 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

All well and good if you can guarantee someone will come in and do better, which you can’t, so you can’t say what’s best because you don’t know.  You also don’t know what it would cost to replace the manager, balanced against what it will cost to keep him. With January upon us and one eye on the league table I would gamble on money better being spent on recruiting new players rather than replacing the manager.

As with all managers Crosby will ultimately move on, only the timing is in question.

What about using the non budgeted money from Boro match?  That money should be used to get rid.

January transfers would already have been budgeted so it shouldn’t affect what we can do.

On 26/12/2023 at 21:18, Guitar Ray said:

Crosby obviously sees Lowe as more comfortable on the ball than Smith, which he is, but with Blaster and Ojo missing in midfield he’s lost the plot if he thinks we’re playing through the lines with Garrity and Walter’s in there.  Either way it’s all too slow.  The second half today showed the way to go with the players we currently have available.  Bottom line is that the movement had to be better and the tempo much higher.

Yes, Ojo & Arblaster missing leaves a huge hole. Are there other reasons for Smith not getting picked? I heard AC say that Nathan knows what he needs to do.

32 minutes ago, MBE said:

What about using the non budgeted money from Boro match?  That money should be used to get rid.

January transfers would already have been budgeted so it shouldn’t affect what we can do.

I know you want Crosby out but if you had to choose….

A) We sign a quality striker in January and Crosby stays until the end of season when we replace him with a new manager. We have more time to find the replacement and most likely more available plus they have the summer to re build the squad

B) We use any spare budget we have and pay off Crosby now and replace him with a new manager which could be either rushed in, or we are managereless for a month or 2 and then possibly just give the job to Flitcrofts mate or our 16th choice.

11 minutes ago, AndyGeorge said:

Yes, Ojo & Arblaster missing leaves a huge hole. Are there other reasons for Smith not getting picked? I heard AC say that Nathan knows what he needs to do.

Crosby changes his defence all the time. Someone has a bad game they are dropped, and then he switches the defenders in to their none natural positions. Debrah had a bad game against Barnsley, good chance he will be dropped and let’s give Shorrock a go at RCB. No consistency in defence yet there is with Massey as the RWB, and now Loft playing for 45 minutes. 

13 hours ago, Birches Head Fred said:

If you care to read my post again Joe, I specifically state "Unfortunately, sooner or later he will, as most do, fail".

Note the particular words "as most do".

Nowhere do I mention DC, in fact I don't mention any previous managers by name.

As for fans being 'scumbags', well that's your words, not mine.  

Anyone know why DC had to go? or why DF wasn't asked to leave with him? Is PVFC still paying DC? 

Archived