onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crosby is Out NOW !!!

ollyandpatch

“Knee jerk changes at the first sign of trouble” is word for word what people said when Aspin, Brown, Askey, and Bruno were on the ropes. Moral highorsery.

Its the belief that persisting with something that isn’t working somehow requires greater thought than realising it’s time to change.

Folk often think they’re thinking about it more if they’re ideologically committed to not sacking managers - in reality they’re thinking just as much/little as they everyone else and just reaching a different conclusion. 

Advert

First went my first Vale game 1965 and been going regularly since then, season ticket holder for nearly 20 years. Started taking my daughters and now my grandchildren. Always been a “non-booer” and didn’t today as we left when the third goal was stroked into our net. Finally decided that enough is enough with this so-called “managerial set up”, it’s destroying my club as I Knew it. If AC & DF are still there at the end of the season then my season ticket will not be renewed and it will be a match by match attendance and I don’t say this without a heavy heart.

Just now, dazzerjames said:

I was in there mate , mainly positive , fans getting behind their team. You know absolutely nothing about clearly 

You clearly have selective hearing. At 0-2 it started turning nasty and more than a handful went home by half time.

1 minute ago, JoeB2 said:

“Knee jerk changes at the first sign of trouble” is word for word what people said when Aspin, Brown, Askey, and Bruno were on the ropes. Moral highorsery.

Its the belief that persisting with something that isn’t working somehow requires greater thought than realising it’s time to change.

Folk often think they’re thinking about it more if they’re ideologically committed to not sacking managers - in reality they’re thinking just as much/little as they everyone else and just reaching a different conclusion. 

I’m not saying don’t sack him. I’m saying there are other fixtures I would judge a manager on 

he has just won the ones I would  have been more concerned about - Exeter / Wigan 

today he has lost against a top 6/7 side with individual errors to blame 

not even close to as bad as  the aspin / Bruno era 

3 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

I was in there mate , mainly positive , fans getting behind their team. You know absolutely nothing about clearly 

Have you not read what other people are writing?

Are you denying that their was any booing, chants of Crosby get out of our club or even a confrontation between fans & Ripley at half time?

2 minutes ago, mikey said:

You clearly have selective hearing. At 0-2 it started turning nasty and more than a handful went home by half time.

Booing and annoyed at losing , the second half the whole ground was behind the team , I’m glad the people that did , left at half time , id rather not listen to them moan on 

If we win our game in hand we go 13th.

Disregarding context ie /losing run/crap manager + dof/clueless owner etc I'd say that's not too bad an end of season position. 

Not saying I'm happy as we are watching the kind of dross iv not seen in many a season - but 13th half way through - not too bad (on the face of it) 😀

1 minute ago, Brian Johnson said:

Have you not read what other people are writing?

Are you denying that there was any booing, chants of Crosby get out of our club or even a confrontation between fans & Ripley at half time?

Just annoyed at an awful first half performance, second half was a ground behind their team . You were not there Brian i was because I support by club. You type on a forum 

Diabolical first half, disgraceful and yes, I booed the team at half time it was embarrassing.  2nd Half I thought the boys were superb and unlucky not to get a draw.  A poor manager or manager who had lost the dressing room would not of got the response in the 2nd half.  It's easy to jump on the manager.  Funso and Ollie injured (our 2 best players) Wilson and Uche not fully fit.  It’s clear AC can get a tune out of this team but what we need is consistency.  Stats don't win games but if you look at the stats it's shows we are not a team that is constantly on the back foot.  If they played in the same way in the first half like they did in the second half then I am sure we would have got all 3 points.  Well done to Jack Shorrock & Ben Lomax, maybe give them more pitch time against Blackpool.

The only toxicity I saw was a supporter threatening another supporter for booing and calling it “****”.

Plenty are fed up but it feels pointless voicing it during games. A lot of old songs got an outing today which is always a sign of how bad things are.

Archived