onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Replica Shirts

PV1993

As we all know, Christmas is a great time for buying gifts for loved ones (or even ourselves). We also know that football shirts can make great presents.

Football shirts are expensive and we have released a lot of them this year. I have no problems with this and am happy to give my money to the club. What it does mean however is that we can’t buy them all at once and have to wait until a time like Christmas to get ones we would like.

If you’ve stuck with me this long, here is my point (of which I maybe should have led):

I went into the club shop today to pick up the pink keepers shirt for the missus. I had noticed the last few times I had been in that stock was dwindling. I asked the lad at the counter when they were expecting new stock to which he replied that there wasn’t to be any.

Both myself and my partner both bought the home shirts at the beginning of the season. We then bought the limited edition blue shirts because, well, they were marketed as limited. This is around £160 in shirts already.

I was told that the keepers shirts were also limited, but they were not marketed as such. 

I am really disappointed because now I can’t get those shirts anymore (there’s a few black ones left in random sizes and a load of green, but I’m not fussed about the green). 

It would have been a great Christmas present and now I can’t get them purely because I couldn’t afford all 5 shirts, times two, at the start of the season.

I’m not trying to moan, or cause a fuss with this. Does anyone know who I could contact about this? It just seems like an oversight and a loss of profits when we’re not even halfway through the season yet. I don’t want to just email the club shop because I already spoke to someone in there in person.

Any advice?

Advert

37 minutes ago, PV1993 said:

As we all know, Christmas is a great time for buying gifts for loved ones (or even ourselves). We also know that football shirts can make great presents.

Football shirts are expensive and we have released a lot of them this year. I have no problems with this and am happy to give my money to the club. What it does mean however is that we can’t buy them all at once and have to wait until a time like Christmas to get ones we would like.

If you’ve stuck with me this long, here is my point (of which I maybe should have led):

I went into the club shop today to pick up the pink keepers shirt for the missus. I had noticed the last few times I had been in that stock was dwindling. I asked the lad at the counter when they were expecting new stock to which he replied that there wasn’t to be any.

Both myself and my partner both bought the home shirts at the beginning of the season. We then bought the limited edition blue shirts because, well, they were marketed as limited. This is around £160 in shirts already.

I was told that the keepers shirts were also limited, but they were not marketed as such. 

I am really disappointed because now I can’t get those shirts anymore (there’s a few black ones left in random sizes and a load of green, but I’m not fussed about the green). 

It would have been a great Christmas present and now I can’t get them purely because I couldn’t afford all 5 shirts, times two, at the start of the season.

I’m not trying to moan, or cause a fuss with this. Does anyone know who I could contact about this? It just seems like an oversight and a loss of profits when we’re not even halfway through the season yet. I don’t want to just email the club shop because I already spoke to someone in there in person.

Any advice?

I would have thought these would be easy to order if in high demand as they are templated (a lot of clubs who wear Puma have the exact same keeper kits and a decent amount use the pink one) have you tried to order on the website as apparently when my wife rang to get me the pink one it was available on there but not in the shop as they seem to run it separate from the warehouse or something along those lines.

Oddly for instance you cant get the third kit online now, not even the shorts or socks!

I need a pink keepers top for my Stoke fan mate to wear when we go on his stag do and met with the same answers.

The warehouse they talk about is actually a big shed the other side of the Railway car park about 200 yards away.

But don't ask them to walk across and get you what you want.

You will be met with blank looks of unhelpfulness and reluctance

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I understand the need for them not buying too much and not selling it all, but at least have everything stocked u til after Christmas, at which time there will be an influx of people or kids with some money to spend. I know I will get a club shop voucher for example, but now nothing to spend it on!

On 14/12/2023 at 10:15, Phil500 said:

Try to speak to Steven Taylor in the club shop. Very helpful and goes the extra mile.

As long as you don’t email them. They still don’t answer those 😒

I’ve tried emailing Stephen Turner directly, as he wrote to me about an order I made. And directly to the shop mail. 5 times lucky I hope 🤞🏻

18 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Have a look on ebay

Just looked and there's none.

Someone is as guilty as a grave digger's dog for dropping the ball on this.

But they wouldn't be wearing the pink goal keeper's top when they dropped it....they've sold out

Edited by Gungho_ED
  • Haha 3

On 20/12/2023 at 22:06, Gungho_ED said:

You know what else you can't get....and its a pre requisite at this time of year....?

Port Vale slippers.

Not even on Amazon and they employ half of China indirectly.

Gap in the market i tell ya.

Cya on Dragons Den next year

Crazy isnt it - of all the presents youd think would be easily available 🙄🙄🙄😍😍😍

On the upside Iv managed to get my Purple Covolan Kung fu top - NICE 😍😍😍😍