onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Wigan Athletic (H) match thread - 16th Dec

robf

1 hour ago, Bycarsbill said:

Our play moving forward in those first 25 mins or so was absolutely brilliant. However we did take our feet off the accelerator and unfortunately, a couple of self-inflicted mistakes in the second half nearly cost us the game.  However, overall, this was about the best performance I've seen this season so far and Chissy's winner a real cracker.  The fight we also showed in those last nailbiting 7 mins was terrific.  Loft's chase and close-down of their guy on the left side in those closing minutes exemplified this!

Two league wins on the bounce--onwards & upward.  UTV well done the lads!

Can I suggest, as a friend, DONT put both feet on the accelerator or brake. Just use one. Could end up crashing otherwise. 😏

• Haha 1

Advert

6 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

I was at Ayresome Park on a Wednesday night in 1990 when we went 2-0 down before winning 3-2

I'm pretty sure all our goals came in the last 11 minutes of the game

Remember it well, all 3 goals came in the last 11 minutes, i phoned my Dad after the equaliser and the 3rd went in (he’s a Boro fan). 

I also remember the following season, travelling up there on a Tuesday night to watch us lose 4-0, however, their keeper should have been sent off for saving a goal bound shot 10 yards outside his area. 

• Like 1

On 16/12/2023 at 20:02, Old School said:

It isn't often recently that I enjoy the game more than the pre-match Titanic Plum Porter, but wow, what a game. Of course I never doubted it for a second..... 😜

If the boys can win the game in hand we could be up to 12th place, what a change a couple of wins make eh? Onwards and hopefully upwards.

Went out for a meal today and they had the Plum Porter there. After reading your post thought I would give it a try. I wasn't disappointed👍

• Like 3

On 16/12/2023 at 20:42, mbycars said:

That was one enjoyable 100 minutes of football. Some fantastic forward play with Devine and the Blaster pulling the strings. Massey followed on from Tuesday with some great play down the right wing. Even big Jesse was having a few dribbles down that side too. Chislett was superb with his finishing and runs how we weren't at least 4 nil up at half time was down to bad luck especially with one shot being deflected onto the bar. 

I thought we continued to press 2nd half again with lots of crosses and shots being blocked and a couple of good saves by their keeper. We then blotted what was a brilliant performance with 2 mistakes but kept on going, hitting the post and then that brilliant Chislett run from the half way line with their players backing off and his shot deflecting into the top corner.

Just a word about the maligned Loft, as on Tuesday he came on and made a positive contribution. Looks much fitter and chased down everything as well as winning his headers. Onwards and upwards😃

I'm hoping Middlesbrough make the mistake of focusing on the main threats we had in this game. Then Garrity goes under the radar and scores. 

Obviously we can't afford to make mistakes at the back like today. If the opposition have a good press the central defenders can't force a pass through midfield and we need to play wide or to a front target man. 

Edited by Warren

• robf unfeatured this topic