onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stevenage (H) FAC2R Match thread 12th Dec

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

He will have to play a full side anyway as scraping a 1-0 win against the only team in worse form than us still doesn't cut it for a lot of fans,lose this and saturday then who knows again

He will get the Boro game regardless of results now but if we lose all 3 I reckon he will be gone after the Boro game. 

Advert

1 minute ago, smithie said:

I can't believe I'm saying this but Stevenage might de-prioritize this game as they have bigger ambitions at the top of the table. Them going up would be on a par with Yeovil and Burton having been in the second tier. 

I would agree but the fact the winners play Maidstone and the prize money at stake i think they will be bang up for it. Which will make it all the sweeter when we win. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Devine intervention said:

Start of the biggest week of the season .

Three home games in a week.

First off a really tough game v high flying Stevenage who are going from strength to strength .

Any team what can this year go to Aston Villa and win well we gotta be at our best get through for sure and we will need to score as Stevenage are very impressive especially away 

Team 

Who would you pick 

Here's who I would .

Ripley 

Lowe Debrah Icavetti 

Sang                        Bipepa 

Walters  Arblaster 

Garrity 

Chislett 

Loft 

So impressed with energy of bipepa .

Plenty of energy in that side .

Giving Loft a start it's down to him to see if he can do the business .

Think Icavetti instead of Smith mesen I'd move Debrah into centre and Lowe to the right .

Sang needs to be not so docile in possession as yesterday he gave tge ball away so many times .

Ojo or Walters not both think Ojos gone off the boil personally he needs get back on it ASAP. 

UTV 

Juniors to 17 five pounds today tgen 7 on matchday .

Adults 15 pounds today' 17 on matchday 

Over 61s 10 pounds 12 on matchday .

Back your team if you can 

UTV 

I wouldn’t play Loft as he looks bereft of confidence and ideas and was replaced on Saturday and 

Ipaezu doesn’t look good enough and I fear Alblaster may be recalled soon and how we get goals is worrying but Saturday is more important as is tge Christmas period against Barnsley and Blackpool 

4 minutes ago, Raveninblack said:

I wouldn’t play Loft as he looks bereft of confidence and ideas and was replaced on Saturday and 

Ipaezu doesn’t look good enough and I fear Alblaster may be recalled soon and how we get goals is worrying but Saturday is more important as is tge Christmas period against Barnsley and Blackpool 

I love how folk prioritise the league and I get that I really do however the cup is where you attract new support (I bet there's folk who ain't being Vale Park for years going Middlesboro game ).

So for me a big game tomoz if it wasn't I wouldn't go. 

The fact I'm going before a 8 hr night shift well I put FA cup progression very high on my wants for Vale .

Lets hope the players play like they do too 

On the subject of Loft there's been some harsh words about the lad yet last tues he headed narrowly over from a long throw and put in the best ball across the box in the first half which should have being converted .

Other that that not much to get excited about .

He is mobile and why not start him this tues he might head one in and he might have a excellent cross converted.

Lets back all our players not just our favourites last home game v Derby if Smith did something like head a ball the hamil were really applauding him as he obviously a favourite ,but as soon as Loft comes on looking for a reason berate him. 

Come on you better than that Vale fans including massey and Loft 

Back all the players 

UTV 

Edited by Devine intervention

Crosby just needs to play his best team of fit players. I don’t feel Crosby or the club can afford to play a weakened team.

I’ve been saying for a while our away form has generally been ok but it’s at home where we have looked devoid of ideas. Grind out a win against these shithouses to earn a good financial reward and the players should get more confidence with back to back wins.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, headsup said:

Am I right to assume FA Cup replays are also excluded from iFollow coverage?

Correct the only way you be able watch is to go the game .

Last round I was poorly so couldn't go the home game v Burton was horrible looking at sporting live updates ,as do not listen to radio as they usually not telling folk the real state of the game ,they usually putting Vale down at every opportunity maybe not deliberately but seems it to me .

Although they are knowledgeable if you listened to radio and they saying we playing like a academy team then folk may take notice of that and not bother turning up,or they saying this is poor etc etc  so if I was you or anyone else go  game make your own judgement if in a position to do so .

UTV 

2 hours ago, Vale Ball said:

After listening to DF interview I think he's here for a while, playing this system they want to play, finding someone to play it narrows the field.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

I wouldn't always believe what they say tbh,yes they want to play a certain way but there are plenty of modern managers that play that way now and if people think we will keep hold of a manager even if we keep losing because he plays how they want are wrong imo. Lets be honest we have had some really poor boring games of late and they certainly dont want that.

31 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

Correct the only way you be able watch is to go the game .

Last round I was poorly so couldn't go the home game v Burton was horrible looking at sporting live updates ,as do not listen to radio as they usually not telling folk the real state of the game ,they usually putting Vale down at every opportunity maybe not deliberately but seems it to me .

Although they are knowledgeable if you listened to radio and they saying we playing like a academy team then folk may take notice of that and not bother turning up,or they saying this is poor etc etc  so if I was you or anyone else go  game make your own judgement if in a position to do so .

UTV 

Unfortunately I live out of the area so Tuesday games are a no-go for me. Other than special occasions like the QF against Boro, for which I’m having to use 2 days of annual leave. The sacrifices we make, hey?!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Devine intervention said:

UTV 

Did you not agree with that assessment?

I must admit I don’t agree with a lot of what Yatsey says on Radio Stoke but I thought he was bang on with that. 

Edited by MBE

I don't watch academy games so have no idea fella .

If it was what  Yates said he's a Vale fan is he not so maybe some truth in it but I think all what's been missing is a player who runs at people ,commits them and creates space for others .

If Vale had Poku of Peterboro they be dynamite .

We lacking belief in so much in what we do .

If Debrah is bombing up the pitch ,why isn't Sang flying past his  marker, and committing people the amount of times Debrah flies up that right and plays a safe ball is unbelievable but he as to play a safe ball as no one is moving ahead of him and when they do they pass back .

Folk need be braver to create goal scoring chances .

Apart from.Arblaster/Devine  do we have a players who drive forwards with the ball ,thats when we look a  good side driving forwards with purpose .

So much has to change to make this a memorable week .

Let's hope they been working like crazy on training pitches not in the class room .

Practical is the way go not sitting there going Stevenage are a second ball team etc I'm sure after playing them twice our players should know that by now .

Run at them and commit yourselves 

UTV