onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vote of No Confidence (2)

Emile

Vote of No Confidence  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have confidence in the current regime?

• Yes
    • No - Sack Crosby
    • No - Sack Crosby and coaching staff
    • No - Sack Crosby, coaching staff and Director Of Football

10 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

"Tippy tappy crap"...or football, as we call it, and as opposed to the Aussie Rules you seem to want?  Fans are only agreeing with you, now, because a team shorn of confidence is struggling...even though we could / should have won at least two of the League games, in this spell. A single goal could have made so much difference to this run, and I don't believe your looking-glass actually predicted results would turn this way? If it's that good you ought to be a Lottery millionaire!

you could spin that tho onto the games we have won ( seems a bloody long time ago now! ) win at oxford we pinched it in the 99th minute, ripleys penalty save in the last minute to salvage a point at cambridge & to get us 3 at home to reading, 87 mins winning goal at charlton. Northampton at home 85 min winner from Garrity, Took a penalty to beat carlisle at home,  Take these into account & we coulda shoulda woulda been even worse off for points. All ifs & buts im afraid what's reality is 3 points from 33 available now. And that i'm sorry is pathetic! 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 1

Advert

19 minutes ago, Granville said:

Its more that you guys are getting really angry over all this and posting on a messageboard won't help. Write to the club, speak to Mike Baggaley and get a piece in The Valiant, go on Radio Stoke, go on the Ale and the Vale podcast, go to a fans forum and ask the questions. 

But posting in the same thread continuously expecting something to happen which you can't control isn't good for you.

Why are you defending criticism so much? Venting happens on every forum up and down the country. People are passionate about things. A forum is a place for discussion, positive and negative. You need to get over yourself. It's not down to you to tell people what they can and can't, should or shouldn't be posting.

Edited by Valiiant
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, blackdog said:

The problem now is the DoF has stated we have a philosophy, a way we want to play so if AC is shown the door what happens next ?

The players signed have been signed presumably to play in a particular system, so will the new guy be expected to carry on in the same vein or else rip up the blue print and start again, which would mean the DoF having to admit the philosophy was flawed and also be very expensive to rectify.

I doubt he's going to admit to any mistakes, so Carol has in my opinion a very difficult decision to make, she has now found herself between a rock and a hard place.

Stick or twist ?

Matt Taylor's Exeter played some very attractive football with plenty of goals,he played youth players and sold them on for big money  he fits the model of the club perfectly imo BUT we will miss out mainly because of us dawdling on the managers future,the problem they have is that if they sack Crosby they will be admitting dropping a clanger in sacking DC along with not interviewing for the manager job at the end of the season instead giving it to crosby despite only winning 1 game after DC was sacked

For what its worth if we do muster the balls to sack Crosby then for out of work managers Taylor would be my choice and if we were to pay compo for one(the last one we did that for didn't do to bad) then for a manager who works well on smaller budgets then my choice would be Pete Wild at Barrow(maybe wozzer can put in a word)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Jacko51 said:

Have you read Mike Baggaley’s long piece about his tour of the club with Claire who was describing all the stuff that has been done and what still needs to be done?  No?  Thought not. 

Pointless venture. Who wants a tour around a league 2 club? Get the product sorted on the pitch. Once that is acceptable start messing with other areas. I mentioned this at the start of the season where I was criticising the window and our unbalanced squad and completely ignorance in bringing a striker in. The club seem more focussed on looking good in the papers  and spending money elsewhere than on the squad. It’s all well investing off the pitch but if the product is crap, it’s pointless. Only 5k vale fans last night for a game against Derby - proof in the pudding. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

"Tippy tappy crap"...or football, as we call it, and as opposed to the Aussie Rules you seem to want?  Fans are only agreeing with you, now, because a team shorn of confidence is struggling...even though we could / should have won at least two of the League games, in this spell. A single goal could have made so much difference to this run, and I don't believe your looking-glass actually predicted results would turn this way? If it's that good you ought to be a Lottery millionaire!

A single goal is big in football. Have we even won by more than 1 this season in the league? I can’t remember been so long since we won. A single goal would have made a major difference to our good run. Facts are we didn’t concede then and we aren’t scoring now so the point is irrelevant. We’re losing games because we are one dimensional, slow and very poor in both boxes. Not bad luck. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Matt Taylor's Exeter played some very attractive football with plenty of goals,he played youth players and sold them on for big money  he fits the model of the club perfectly imo BUT we will miss out mainly because of us dawdling on the managers future,the problem they have is that if they sack Crosby they will be admitting dropping a clanger in sacking DC along with not interviewing for the manager job at the end of the season instead giving it to crosby despite only winning 1 game after DC was sacked

For what its worth if we do muster the balls to sack Crosby then for out of work managers Taylor would be my choice and if we were to pay compo for one(the last one we did that for didn't do to bad) then for a manager who works well on smaller budgets then my choice would be Pete Wild at Barrow(maybe wozzer can put in a word)

he didn't win a game after clarke was sacked did he? 😅 pretty sure we lost all 4 because i can remember saying we still would of stayed up if darrell was still in charge. 

3 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Both great options. I also like the notts county manager but not sure he would swap a playoff push in the league below for a relegation scrap. Always on the front foot playing exciting football 

• Like 2

Would agree with you but 3 points from 33 and 9 without a goal suggests that the tippy tapping crap we play is not football.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

• Like 2

On 16/11/2023 at 22:27, philmpv said:

Spot on. Genuinely makes me both laugh and get so frustrated when some come on after every defeat about how 'Failcroft' should be sacked. In his first transfer window he assembled the majority of the squad that led us to promotion in his first full season. In that January, he persuaded Harrogate to swap Hall for Legge. The next season, lumbered with the 2 year contracts, promotion wage increases, etc, we stayed up. This season, we are playing much better, and clearly have better players than last, particularly in midfield. Yes, we've wobbled a little, but aside from 3 games I really don't think we've deserved to lose, by any stretch. We'll turn it around, and be midtable come the end of the season, which would be progress again. All this whilst improving the youth setup remarkably which is already bearing fruit.

Yet for some it's their default to go after DF regardless of reality, because they just don't understand the concept of a DOF. I actually think some think of it like a bit of witchcraft, and run in fear to get their pitchfork at every opportunity to oust or vanquish the witch that is to blame for all woes

3 points from 33 is not a "wobble" ffs. A wobble would be losing a few games in succession. I swear, it's the fans and their mentality that keep the club from progressing as some are more than content to accept utter dross. The Happy Clap club are a disgrace.

Edited by Valiiant
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Black N White said:

If you had paid attention then you would see that there has been no investment on the playing side for two years now despite making money from the play offs, Wembley, cup runs, player sales and record shirt sales. Hall, Harrison without replacing them. Budget cuts. Replacing an experienced manger in Clarke with the cheap option in Crosby. Clarke should have been given more time after what he went through, see Cheltenham now. Or an replacing an experienced well respected CE in Garlic with her son who knows zilch about football. Nepotism springs to mind, again cheap option. Speedy who was given the chop despite working hard for years without a thought for this. 

If you had paid attention you would have noticed that there has been no attempt by Carol to invest in the Lorne Street Concourse so it is able to be opened. Or that it doesn’t take months to sort out a toilet block in the railway stand (so we are told it is the toilets) which has always been the most populated stand for fans. Again speaks of no investment no money. 

If you had paid attention that you would realise that the scoreboard was gifted to the club. Or as you put it the suite was only finished as part of the concert agreement. 

If you paid attention when was the last time we have any update from the club regarding anything concerning the club including any update of player contracts or injuries? I’ll answer that one for your, never. 

If you had paid attention you would have seen that the club apologised to fans not long ago be because they are so poor at communicating with fans that they had to employ someone to do this. (Appears this is still not being done). 

Saving money for the transfer window? Like they did the last couple of windows? Like starting the last couple of seasons with one forward. Budget cuts everywhere and if we weren’t paying a factions of wages on loans players like Arblaster or Devine where do you think we would be in the table now? The squad is threadbare. 

If you had paid attention you would see that statistically Port Vale are the worst team this calendar year or maybe you are happy with this I don’t know? 

I know for a fact that there has been a offer to buy the club but Carol won’t sell, is this the best for Port Vale? New investment who can progress the club. Seems like she wants to be remembered as the person who saved the club over the person who can progress it. I don’t need to name this wiling investor, why should I. 

I suggest you take your head from out of Carol’s back side then you may be able to see abit more clearly. 

Wow Blank N White I didn’t realise you were on the board to know the inner workings of our budget against last year and takeover negotiations. I’m sure you therefore you sat at the board table to sign off over 1million losses to get promotion from L2 despite playoffs and Wembley.

Why should Carol sell? Clearly the offer is not good enough for the family  otherwise it would be accepted. Up to the buyer to make the right offer.

Unless your connection is a Middle East country you have no idea how money is raised to fund a purchase and revenue streams moving to know if it’s in the best interests of Port Vale. 

57 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

Why are you defending criticism so much? Venting happens on every forum up and down the country. People are passionate about things. A forum is a place for discussion, positive and negative. You need to get over yourself. It's not down to you to tell people what they can and can't, should or shouldn't be posting.

I'm saying there is criticism of the manager doing the same thing, expecting it to change and nothing happens. You're doing the same thing.

You can sit here and create about how you demand something be done, but what will posting on here actually achieve when it comes to your goal? Will Carol read this and sack the manager based on what you say here? No. But if you become vocal enough in all avenues of social and traditional media then its far more likely you'll be noticed and so will your view. Simply posting the same thing here then getting more and more angry when the club does nothing is a vicious circle and it won't do you any good.

34 minutes ago, MBE said:

Wow Blank N White I didn’t realise you were on the board to know the inner workings of our budget against last year and takeover negotiations. I’m sure you therefore you sat at the board table to sign off over 1million losses to get promotion from L2 despite playoffs and Wembley.

Why should Carol sell? Clearly the offer is not good enough for the family  otherwise it would be accepted. Up to the buyer to make the right offer.

Unless your connection is a Middle East country you have no idea how money is raised to fund a purchase and revenue streams moving to know if it’s in the best interests of Port Vale. 

Fans like your deserve the dross you get. I give up at times. 

Yeh keep Crosby, Flitcroft, coaching staff, Carol they are all doing a mint job! 

7 minutes ago, Granville said:

I'm saying there is criticism of the manager doing the same thing, expecting it to change and nothing happens. You're doing the same thing.

You can sit here and create about how you demand something be done, but what will posting on here actually achieve when it comes to your goal? Will Carol read this and sack the manager based on what you say here? No. But if you become vocal enough in all avenues of social and traditional media then its far more likely you'll be noticed and so will your view. Simply posting the same thing here then getting more and more angry when the club does nothing is a vicious circle and it won't do you any good.

that's the point of a forum tho mate to discuss things good & bad. 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 1