onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vote of No Confidence (2)

Emile

Vote of No Confidence  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have confidence in the current regime?

• Yes
    • No - Sack Crosby
    • No - Sack Crosby and coaching staff
    • No - Sack Crosby, coaching staff and Director Of Football

12 minutes ago, MBE said:

World is completely different now. A manager doesn’t have time to do everything these days. I listened to a  Dave Bassett a few weeks back, he said it’s impossible to be a manager these days without having DOF support. If you look at clubs across the EFL they are all slowly but surely moving in the same direction.

I agree but that should be to look after other related stuff. Nothing at all to do with transfers, team selection etc that's if he is having a say in those. Nobody actually know do they 

Advert

2 hours ago, Black N White said:

If you had paid attention then you would see that there has been no investment on the playing side for two years now despite making money from the play offs, Wembley, cup runs, player sales and record shirt sales. Hall, Harrison without replacing them. Budget cuts. Replacing an experienced manger in Clarke with the cheap option in Crosby. Clarke should have been given more time after what he went through, see Cheltenham now. Or an replacing an experienced well respected CE in Garlic with her son who knows zilch about football. Nepotism springs to mind, again cheap option. Speedy who was given the chop despite working hard for years without a thought for this. 

If you had paid attention you would have noticed that there has been no attempt by Carol to invest in the Lorne Street Concourse so it is able to be opened. Or that it doesn’t take months to sort out a toilet block in the railway stand (so we are told it is the toilets) which has always been the most populated stand for fans. Again speaks of no investment no money. 

If you had paid attention that you would realise that the scoreboard was gifted to the club. Or as you put it the suite was only finished as part of the concert agreement. 

If you paid attention when was the last time we have any update from the club regarding anything concerning the club including any update of player contracts or injuries? I’ll answer that one for your, never. 

If you had paid attention you would have seen that the club apologised to fans not long ago be because they are so poor at communicating with fans that they had to employ someone to do this. (Appears this is still not being done). 

Saving money for the transfer window? Like they did the last couple of windows? Like starting the last couple of seasons with one forward. Budget cuts everywhere and if we weren’t paying a factions of wages on loans players like Arblaster or Devine where do you think we would be in the table now? The squad is threadbare. 

If you had paid attention you would see that statistically Port Vale are the worst team this calendar year or maybe you are happy with this I don’t know? 

I know for a fact that there has been a offer to buy the club but Carol won’t sell, is this the best for Port Vale? New investment who can progress the club. Seems like she wants to be remembered as the person who saved the club over the person who can progress it. I don’t need to name this wiling investor, why should I. 

I suggest you take your head from out of Carol’s back side then you may be able to see abit more clearly. 

I would just like to confirm that my head is nowhere near Carol’s backside or any other part of her anatomy.

I can’t be bothered to reply to your other assertions, but would ask you to explain your comment about no investment in the playing side because it is rubbish. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, RayWalkers40yarder said:

judging by the posts on here and social media in general id say crosby has well and truly lost the fans. sure hes a nice bloke and BOY did i want him to succeed. but its the same old story. inexperience is showing. that said. make no mistake we are in trouble and it will take a MASSIVE january to sort this mess out. we cannot have the current management set up in place for that. or we can say hello to League 2.

is the reponse the same on twitter? i'm not on there anymore just asking 

5 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

I never said she know nothing about football. But she's clearly learning as she goes along. But I think she's been making some poor decisions and I don't see any reason why they can't be called out. I'd rather see a decent striker on the pitch that can trap a football and score a few goals rather than a fancy new scoreboard that doesn't help to make our football team better. What's happening out on the pitch should always be the priority. Get that right and the rest of the stuff will follow.

spot on

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

As I understand Flitcroft turned down the managers job. That for me is enough and should not have been employed at PVFC, ever.

That’s fair a very valid point.

I’m no Flitcroft apologist but from a point of view of recruiting the manager that’s a good thing because the managers knows he’s not coming in with a DOF who really wants his job.

How many times has a DOF been bought only to get the managers job at the 1st sign of struggle? 

10 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

I never said she know nothing about football. But she's clearly learning as she goes along. But I think she's been making some poor decisions and I don't see any reason why they can't be called out. I'd rather see a decent striker on the pitch that can trap a football and score a few goals rather than a fancy new scoreboard that doesn't help to make our football team better. What's happening out on the pitch should always be the priority. Get that right and the rest of the stuff will follow.

I agree completely with your sentiment, I just disagree calling out Carol for making bad football decisions. It’s delegated in our structure.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Vtid said:

I agree but that should be to look after other related stuff. Nothing at all to do with transfers, team selection etc that's if he is having a say in those. Nobody actually know do they 

Come on mate Crosby has the final say on transfers and picks the team not the DOF. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MBE said:

I agree completely with your sentiment, I just disagree calling out Carol for making bad football decisions. It’s delegated in our structure.

She is ultimately responsible for the bewildering circumstances regarding the hiring of AC. A bloke with no managerial history made manager despite being the assistant who preceded over a bad of run of games that got the previous manager sacked. And with no external interviewing.

At best, she was extremely naive.

• Like 9

25 minutes ago, MBE said:

Come on mate Crosby has the final say on transfers and picks the team not the DOF. 

that's exactly what i thought, it's people saying on here wondering if that's not the case with the gaffers persistence to our style of play, team tactics etc i can't imagine anyone taking a job knowing full well they would be taking orders from the DOF 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, MBE said:

I assume the DOF has the final say on whether we pay the money for a striker or not. If not what is the point of him?  He accepted at one of the forums that he had made a cock up of the loan signings last year so he must have the final say. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

The quote is fur coat no knickers.

If the product on the field is tripe I personally couldn't give a hoot about a rollover hotdog or investment in an old folks dancing and bingo club. 

That sounds nasty I know. But I don't buy into the fanzone, kids with painted faces etc etc. I'm only interested in a decent team. 

The attendance was a disgrace last night purely because the on field offering is rubbish. 

The attendance will be a massive wake up call inside the club.... they would certainly expect over 5k home fans v Derby

• Like 4