onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vote of No Confidence (2)

Emile

Vote of No Confidence  

161 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have confidence in the current regime?

• Yes
    • No - Sack Crosby
    • No - Sack Crosby and coaching staff
    • No - Sack Crosby, coaching staff and Director Of Football

6 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

A quick reminder that Port Vale FC are the worst performing League 1 team since Jan 1st 2023 (excluding teams who were promoted or relegated this summer).

No League 1 fanbase has seen fewer points, but somehow the fans are ovf censored ovf censored, or something, if they question the man who has been assistant manager and manager for the entirety of this league-worst run. 

There are inevitably going to be questions around Crosby, and rightly so, until he stops being one of the most senior coaches/managers for the worst team in League 1 this calendar year. 9 winless and 13 goals in 16 makes pitiful reading.

I

ts hard argue with that as that fact .

However because we have reached a league cup quarter final I'm going give him the benefit of the doubt any more second half performances like last 2 when ahead and he as to go I'm not accepting if Port Vale being weak when 

1 they were a goal ahead v Wrexham and then as soon as Mullin and McLean were brought on we were weak as pi--

1 they were goal ahead v Lincoln and turned in overall a lousy second half performance  

Do the fans have to lose there temper every week to get the fine reaction v Mansfield after dire display which made many fans blood boil .

We need to improve and quickly taking leads in games and succumbing is beginning get on my nerves .

Crosby has it all to do as do tge players starting tonight v Burton .

UTV 

People say keep the faith I say come on show some desire in both boxes   if not we will be relegated or very close to being .

Advert

7 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

Their are plenty of people out there who can get better out of these players and will not just stick to playing 3 at the back.

How many times have played 2 up front this season?

We must be easiest team for opposition managers to work out how to play against Vale

Osh, why does AC keep sticking with the same system , time and time again?

A number of teams in this league adapt and change formation, where we just stick with the same old same old

And what if you're wrong Brian. What makes you better than all the other FIFA Managers on here 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Osh said:

And I get that Darren, I really do.

So, let's say tomorrow goes wrong or next Saturday. We fire AC.

That's going to cost us money. We still the have the same group of players. We still have the same injury crisis. 

We have lots of people on here saying we need to score more goals. How do we do that with the resources we've got. 

We had people on here complaining that we didn't have any strikers. The club has gone out and got two more; I know some hate them, but ta all we can afford. 

Some on here hated the fact we didn't play 2 up front. So we played 2 up front. Still not happy.

So what you gonna do.  And no broad brush strokes - firm details. Oh, and by the way, be prepared cause there will be people on here who will disagree with anything you or I say.  

What's that saying about pleasing some of the people some of the time 

The counter argument to that is how much money does the unthinkable cost us? 83 Crawley in the Bycars or 26 Harrogate on a wet Tuesday night .

I totally get the  injury situation it's ravaged us. My concern with AC is his lack of adapting or deviation from our trusted 5 at the back. The way we have cautiously tip toed into games this season has absolutely cost us points. Bolton for one. We gave it a go albeit their keeper went home with clean gloves but it took us 45 mins to realise they weren't all that. 

It's an awkward one. I really really hope he turns it around. But I do agree with other posters that the cup run has got us all giddy ( rightly so ) and in reality our league form is the bread and butter. At the moment it's going soggy and stale. 

• Like 3

It’s only 4 months in to his first season as manager and we are sat in 17th place, pretty well where the bookies had us to finish this season. Had we not the injuries we have had, which tbh some were expected some not we would be sitting a lot higher in the table. I think we should be asking these questions in a couple of months time, not yet. I always said after the Barnsley game when people were wanting him sacked then after 1 game that we need to judge after 6 months.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Granville said:

I think the 3 at the back thing is a Flitcroft idea. We keep hearing style of play etc from Crosby but it never seems I've its his mantra, more like that of on high, and he also says "we've recruited to play a certain style" tells me that Flitcroft brings the majority of the players in and gives them to the manager to deployment based on the club's style.

It's no coincidence our last two managers have favoured three at the back and that our recruitment for this system was aligned to Flitcroft installed as DOF. 

I wonder what would happen then if Crosby started playing a different formation ?

I wonder how Flitcroft would handle that

1 hour ago, Osh said:

And what if you're wrong Brian. What makes you better than all the other FIFA Managers on here 

Tell you what Osh, not sure if its the change of weather & the darker nights leading to a lack of vitamin D but you have been posting some right nonsense on here over the past week or so.

And then when you get called out on it, you just keep ignoring it and move on with even more nonsense

I like you but this past weeks on here for you

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Would this discussion be taking place if it were not for a bad defensive error in the 93rd minute on Saturday.

Crosby in.

But it happened and we are having the discussion.  It's not a one off in terms of not winning is it? If it was I'd get the point but it isn't. That's 3 points from 27 as others have mentioned and we are one of the worst performing sides in both boxes in the division according to the stats.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Tell you what Osh, not sure if its the change of weather & the darker nights leading to a lack of vitamin D but you have been posting some right nonsense on here over the past week or so.

And then when you get called out on it, you just keep ignoring it and move on with even more nonsense

I like you but this past weeks on here for you

And there you go again putting people down in your typical way.  It's not an endearing point.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

It did happen, so, it's a totally irrelevant remark that you have made.

The game does not finish on the 90th minute

Thats interesting, read Darrens comments a few above yours; he's insistent that its 5 at the back.  Which one of you is wrong...??