onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Alfies (AB7) You Tube Channel.

blackdog

Advert

Yet again the powers that be just don't get football. Fans can't always get to games so these views provide them with content as close to what it's like in the ground as possible, rather than the usual highlights vantage points. Hopefully they can find a way to still vlog but without showing footage of the actual game. Won't be anywhere near as good.

I look forward to Alfie’s videos and interviews every week whether I have been to the game or not. Especially how he gets a player to set the “like” target.  We need some sort of poll on here to support him.   As you say ridiculous over the top reaction from the EFL.

Harsh.  Likely he’s become a victim of his own success increasing views and subscriptions has put him on their radar.  Copyright and broadcasting rights I’m afraid.  You usually get warnings from YouTube rather than just being take down, but who knows.  He should just do what everyone else does, create a new channel, AB7.1 or summat, for his new content starting today and slowly repost his archive, assuming he still has all of those videos.  I’m pretty sure all the interviews should be fine if nothing else.  Going forward maybe less footage of the actual matches?  Whatever, there’s no reason for the lad to give up but he’ll have to start afresh and edit his content to fit whatever criteria YouTube have imposed.

• Like 1

He will have had copyright strikes because he's included match footage in his videos. I would guess the interviews and his reaction stuff is fine, however, put any match action in and you're looking at the risk of your stuff being taken down. 

Copyright law is pretty black and white these days. Reproduce something that someone else holds the rights to - be it football, music, scenes from movies, image rights etc - and the owners are well within their rights to close you down.

That said, surely he would have been told prior to now that some of his videos were infringing copyright and had an opportunity to re edit them - plenty of other YouTubers seem to do that without their channel being taken down?

With Carol on the Board of the EFL I wonder if she could have a word and tell them to not be some bloody heavy handed. 
How silly by them.
There's only one party being silly here. The one breaking EFL broadcasting rules. Why so many people feel the need to turn into Poundland John Motsons on a matchday is beyond me. Just turn up and watch the bloddy match.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Frank Mustard said:
1 hour ago, Osh said:
With Carol on the Board of the EFL I wonder if she could have a word and tell them to not be some bloody heavy handed. 
How silly by them.

There's only one party being silly here. The one breaking EFL broadcasting rules. Why so many people feel the need to turn into Poundland John Motsons on a matchday is beyond me. Just turn up and watch the bloddy match.

That's the spirit. Cut out creativity and let's live in a utopia society

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Frank Mustard said:
1 hour ago, Osh said:
How silly by them.

Exactly. You don't get Sam Matterface lording it up at Legoland or Clive Tyldesly hogging the swings and slides at his local playground, and it should cut both ways. Stay in your lane, Alfred. 

26 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Exactly. You don't get Sam Matterface lording it up at Legoland or Clive Tyldesly hogging the swings and slides at his local playground, and it should cut both ways. Stay in your lane, Alfred. 

Wasn't your last job ....child catcher on chitty chitty bang bang 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1