onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

1 hour ago, Osh said:

I've been saying this for weeks; good point on the A&V pod earlier today - Gas fan saying the best he played for them was in the channels turning defenders and cutting in.  Us hitting it long for him to nod-on (which he's winning a huge amount of duals on) is not the right thing to do.  Thats like paying for a good quality spanner to smack a nail in to a lump of wood.  Wrong tool, wrong job.

If we'd got someone running off the headers he wins it would be the right tool for the job. He might be OK with someone like Mighton playing off him. He does win a lot of headers, they just end up getting cleared by one of the 4 unopposed defenders around Loft.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Osh said:

Message from my m8:

Every single member of the squad is training !!! 
Garrity - 1 week away 
Clarke - 2 weeks away 
Gore doing 1-1 fitness coach

Are things really on the up for Vale.

I hope this is true Osh

I heard Garrity struggled all last season with his calf and then did his Achilles at Carlisle

I really think he is our most important player

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Warren said:

There are no suitable strikers out there. We need to get more out of what we have. Loft has been able to score well even in a very poor Scunthorpe side. But you know I've had enough as well. This criticism of Loft and the form it takes on here is what would be called racism if he was a black guy. It is really disgusting. 

There definitely will be suitable strikers out there, we need someone in the door. If Willo gets injured we are well & truly left with 1 striker who is Ryan loft. Dipepa is nowhere near ready & Loft may get a goal or two before the end of the season but unfortunately we need an extra body in the door. 2 strikers on the books isn’t enough mate 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Osh said:

Message from my m8:

Garrity - 1 week away 
Clarke - 2 weeks away 

That’s positive news 😃

10 minutes ago, JohnDoe said:

And what I was saying would not be racist if it was a black player. if he wants to make hyperbolic statements then he can have one back.  

Oh, good lord, man!  Go back and re-read what he said... its not difficult. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Osh said:

Message from my m8:

Garrity - 1 week away 
Clarke - 2 weeks away 

Any news on a striker? 😂 or the Dwight Gayle rumours 🤔 

17 minutes ago, Osh said:

Oh, good lord, man!  Go back and re-read what he said... it’s not difficult. 

“This criticism of Loft and the form it takes on here is what would be called racism if he was a black guy. It is really disgusting.”

He literally said the criticism would be called racist if it was towards a black man. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't break our pay structure for Gayle. Short term contract on default salary for him (or similar out of contract player) I could understand, but we wont progress as a club with those type of signings.

For me any spare money we have should be put toward attracting a 23 year old centre forward who will be released by a championship club this summer. Improve him and sell him on. 

We have Loft, Wilson, Mighton, with attacking midfielders like Chislet, and Garrity in a couple of weeks and hopefully Gore. We also have Uche but I've no idea where he is with his fitness. Its not table topping but still better than Cheltenhams options of Taylor and Lloyd, both of whom we let go after much derision on here.

I d be looking at getting the best out of Loft, probably playing him in a wider position with Mighton on the right, making sure either Garrity or Chislet or Gore got themselves through the middle to support along with another midfielder and a wing back to keep the ball alive in and around their box. With Wilson off the bench after an hour as gaps appear and the opposition tires. Same hopefully with Plant if he can just get himself fit.

But sorting out the defensive side of things will be the priority this week I think for DM.

44 minutes ago, Osh said:

Message from my m8:

Garrity - 1 week away 
Clarke - 2 weeks away 

By the way who is doing the coaching ? And who is the fitness coach ?

Edited by Bobnewtonian