onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

13 hours ago, PVFC FAN said:

Exactly. Not seen anything like this in a while. Teams you would call small with a championship to premire league budget.

I just meant it wouldn't make the League any more difficult - just the same as it's been since we got back in it!

21 minutes ago, smithie said:

On Saturday the DJ was having a one-man rave with very loud Drum N Bass music. The music he plays and general vibe seems at odds with the fan zone. 

It's possibly because I'm of a certain age but I've never understood why it's so loud when people are trying to enjoy a pint and a chat.

maybe a New Dj in on loan,  if no striker ? 

Edited by dazzerjames
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

[Flitcroft]You have to realise that Carlisle, Wycombe and Exeter are far bigger clubs than us with massive spending power. They are really distorting the market with their spending.[/Flitcroft]

Whilst they're not bigger clubs they may well have bigger budgets - which is probably what he meant. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, Mellor! said:

[Flitcroft]You have to realise that Carlisle, Wycombe and Exeter are far bigger clubs than us with massive spending power. They are really distorting the market with their spending.[/Flitcroft]

Flitcroft makes it up as he goes along 

12 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

The commentators in the game, the studio guests who have all played at the highest level of the game then other people that have managed & played in the Premier League were saying that teams like Middlesbrough should not be playing that way.

They were saying that it should only be the elite teams that should be playing that way because they have the players to do it.

It's still opinion-based, Brian. And some of these pundits don't seem to realize that diving is cheating...in their opinions? Nor that wrestling someone to the ground, or dragging them down by their shirts have no place in football - but they do in wrestling / rugby?  And - like I asked earlier - did Middlesbrough break with their usual style of play, just for this one-off game...or did those individual errors contribute their usual, inconsistent game  - which has seen them comfortably in mid-table, winning and losing the same amount of games

31 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

Was waiting for someone to raise this , could at least mix it up and have a bit of everything. Puts me off going tbh and it isn’t really encouraging families. 

play some vale songs/football songs. Something to maybe sing along to ! 

I park in Bradeley and you can hear it there, feel sorry for ppl living in the immediate vicinity of the ground and surprised no one has made a complaint. 

10 hours ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Not sure if your recovery after a dislocation reference is tongue in cheek or wishful thinking but there is a possibility we won’t see Uche play for us  again this season (or after for that matter). Anything between 6 weeks and 3 months depending on the nature of the dislocation and the sport is what a professional athlete has to consider. Would think a footballer, especially one with Uche’s ‘style of play’, would be closer to the 3 month mark for them to be 100% ‘fit’.

Correct: "You can stop wearing the sling after a few days, but it takes about 12 to 16 weeks to completely recover from a dislocated shoulder. You'll usually be able to resume most activities within two weeks. You should avoid heavy lifting and sports involving shoulder movements for between six weeks and three months."

26 minutes ago, smithie said:

Whilst they're not bigger clubs they may well have bigger budgets - which is probably what he meant. 

Exeter made £6m in transfer revenue over their last 2 reported financial periods.

Carlisle have just been taken over by a consortium who are splashing their cash.

Wycombe were recently in the championship.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

I like you TJH and we agree on everything relating to things to do on the football side at Vale but I think you are being a little bit harsh on Robbie Williams.

When Take That were the biggest boy band in the world in the early 90's because of Robbie wearing his Vale shirt on stage & on TV, the club sold over 10,000 extra replica shirts in one year.

Girls from all over the world were sending the club blank cheques & letters saying please send me a shirt.

When some of our legends have had testimonial games, Robbie's turned out to play  those games.which in turn put 1000's of people on the gate which meant our legends could retire with a decent pay off.

He invested £250k into the club but got very badly burnt by Bill Bratt & his cronies and quite rightly is now taking his time getting back involved in the club & feeling his way around everything again.

He will come big for us one day when the timing is right, no doubt about that but he's making very positive strides at this moment in time to one day to come to that.

How he & Jonathan Wilkes have never been rewarded in the new year's honours list for the money they have raised for UNICEF is beyond me when you see people getting rewarded for much less

You make some good points, I mean yes his UNICEF work and the “Giveitsum” charity have undoubtedly made big contributions to peoples lives, the latter a massive difference to the local area.  I don’t certainly feel Robbie is a bad guy, but certainly for a guy who is lauded as a big fan, he has not given as much as I’m sure many fans on here would in his situation. 

I was at Aspos testimonial many years ago but it did become a bit too much about him at the time in my view. Although yes, him being there upped the gate and money, but the club gave him a lifelong dream to play on the pitch, so it was a bit of give and take. 

I also don’t doubt his commercial pull, although it isn’t what it was in his 2000s pomp. 

Overall yes possibly outspoken on my part, but certainly I think he should have done more before being bestowed a presidency. Only time will tell if the club get more money, but track record wise? Doubt it.