onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Just now, Conrad said:

Agree, if it’s interest free why would we stump up the full amount up front.

Makes business sense if you have planned into the forecast this will need to be paid back over x years and not a the determent to the team on the pitch.  Sorry you can't have a player as we have to pay back our super screen.

Advert

2 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Makes business sense if you have planned into the forecast this will need to be paid back over x years and not a the determent to the team on the pitch.  Sorry you can't have a player as we have to pay back our super screen.

Well I'd imagine someone who's run a multi-million pound business has a good grip on budgets and expenditure but that's just a hunch.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

The advertising on it probably covers the repayments.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, valefan16 said:

But surely a great option for us Bodvarsson, probably wont cost a lot, we have decent links with Bolton (Carol IIRC is close to their owner) and would be a perfect striker to be the hold up man. Long term wise he would be a perfect part of the jigsaw.

You would think - but Flickers and co may have a different view on that.  He may be a couple of quid over the very tight budget rules they work to.  They only go to a certain limit and that is it.  Wonder how much it would cost the club if we go down through lost fans and leave revenue etc.  Could be a bit short sighted.  

Yes don't go silly paying wages over the odds, but sometimes you need to look at it cbyc.  We have all seen clubs break their banks getting players and then can't afford them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, smithie said:

Well I'd imagine someone who's run a multi-million pound business has a good grip on budgets and expenditure but that's just a hunch.

You would think so,  You see so many clubs struggling now due to high wage bills and unable to pay their bills to staff, HRMC and suppliers.  The club seems to be set up to hopefully as they say, be more self funding and not relying on cash injections.  

Just now, Brian Johnson said:

That would have been me. 

They get £400k per episode

Still stupid money tho - so 4 episodes 🤣.  Bet they are rubbing their hands as we would be if we were in their position.  Any money coming into the club is very welcome as it helps with running costs and gives you the chance to bring in better players that would be out of their scope.  Just depends when the money dries up, can they still afford the wages they would demand.

I'd be tempted do a Micky Adams today.

Sat was rubbish I'd be putting majority on the transfer list and seeing what we can get for them .

Personally if went next home game and 5 /6 out of that starting 11 were gone wouldn't bat a eyelid in fact I'd be delighted if they were shown the door .

Giving half hearted crap to our faithful supporters .

Crosby has give them.a team talk while games going on 

Says it all to me 

Pro footballers should know what you jobs are to win your personal battles and when you get the ball use it well pass and move 

3 minutes ago, PVFC764 said:

Still stupid money tho - so 4 episodes 🤣.  Bet they are rubbing their hands as we would be if we were in their position.  Any money coming into the club is very welcome as it helps with running costs and gives you the chance to bring in better players that would be out of their scope.  Just depends when the money dries up, can they still afford the wages they would demand.

They sold over 90,000 shirts last season around the world. That will be something like £1.8 million profit on shirt sales alone.

Ryan Reynolds sold part of his gin company for something like £750 million a couple of years back and that guy is close to becoming a billionaire.

Whilst Ryan & Rob are still in charge and you can tell that they are decent human beings, that money is never going to dry up

I don’t understand where our money has gone given the kids that went Aston Villa and Newcastle plus other transfers the cup run play offs Wembley shirt sales we NOW need to invest in players all will be lost ,if we go down to division 2  I will not be renewing my 2 season  ticket plus parking if that happens so take a good hard look at yourself vale and look after the fans and that coming from  me a 55 years season fan 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, valeparklife said:

I just don't understand this "we're skint and can't compete" narrative.

For League One clubs, we all get the same TV money, then attendances + extra commercial revenue will dictate what we spend on top of that.

We're 15th on the attendance list.

Northampton, Exeter, Cambridge, Shrewsbury, Wycombe, Stevenage and Burton all have lower attendances - but are above us in the league.

If we can't compete, then how can these teams compete?

I'm not saying that your attendances dictate your league position (otherwise what is the point playing the games) but it's not as though we're in the Championship getting 7,000 a week and every other team is getting 20,000+

image.thumb.png.278e0271ae3eeebc0948ee3296ae7556.png

Of the clubs you mention, most of them are in and around us, so don’t think you can say they are competing way over and above what we are.

Of those, I could find full accounts for Exeter who made £6.4m in transfer fees over their last 2 reported financial years.

The 2 you could say that are over competing are Northampton and Stevenage.

There will always be anomalies of teams that over compete, and Northampton made £1m in transfer fees themselves.

• Like 1