onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

I think we are in a dog fight now unless we splash some cash kids will not get us out of this situation we need to invest on players or all good work will be gone if in league 2 next season ,just getting a bit delusional at same old same old we must have some spare cash for players if not then we don’t deserve to be in this division 

• Like 3

Advert

13 hours ago, PVFC FAN said:

I thought shorrock looked great

I will be really happy when he signs his new deal because for me while Plant is injured he is the stand out player from the young lads,his cameo yesterday was very good as was his turn when he turned his man and attacked down the left... he has to start on Saturday for me

• Like 2

11 hours ago, saintvaliant said:

We need a miracle next week. Need at least 2 strikers and a LWB, all of whom need to be capable of making an immediate impact.

We need a very pacy LWB one who can get forward and get back and as you say with Uche being injured we now need 2 strikers,i dont mind one being a quick young lad but one surely now has to be an experienced striker,we need to spend some money NOW not in the summer,we have got to stay in League One

• Like 6

Really disappointing way to lose yesterday.  Not a penalty for me.  Initially thought it was a foul on Chizzy but the replay shows otherwise.  Let’s be honest though, had it not been for Conor Ripley we would have been 3 down by this point.  Centre midfield was always going to be a risk and Dan Gore did not step seamlessly into Devines shoes - this will take some time as others have said.  The concerning issue for me was the lack of chances we created.  Willo was ineffective because he didn’t get the ball and can’t remember us  making their keeper work at all.  Shorrock did well when he came on and took the game to Portsmouth, something we had failed to do collectively. Loft proved yet again that he isn’t good enough - when a forwards best attribute is - when he hasn’t got the ball - then you need a different forward.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PVFC FAN said:

Loft didn't get the ball much and when he did he was surrounded by players. I think loft has a chance now to prove himself and I hope he does. 

Loft is nothing like as bad as people make out, he scored goals at this level last season. Plus, he is our player so we either support him or shoot ourselves in the foot to prove our own point.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Hopefully one of these Scandinavian targets is on his way .

Maybe an Australian prospect is on the plane as we speak!

All said, yesterday was very poor. Lack of cohesion at the back. Chislett apart, no midfield presence and Uche marshalled well by the big Pompey lads. Pompey were leaving a foot in then falling over like pathetic prima-donna's. Ref was utter garbage but if it were not for Ripley we would have been at least 2-0 down at half time.

Went to the forum Thursday, if I'm honest, I'm not sure what to think, however, based on yesterdays showing, we are bang in trouble. Quality signings needed but won't happen imo.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Loft is nothing like as bad as people make out, he scored goals at this level last season. Plus, he is our player so we either support him or shoot ourselves in the foot to prove our own point.

I 100% agree. He has the pace to get past defenders, he has the strength to flip defenders onto there arses. We know he can score goals. I was hoping uche would start scoring but now he's injured we need to allow loft to step up or buy someone with some serious money.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, sandyford_valiant said:

We got outfought and outclassed in the middle of the park. Morrell and lowery had all the time in the world to pick up balls and advance into dangerous areas and lay a pass off. It just didn’t work at all with weir and gore in there. Sooner ojo is back the better or it’s going go very close to relegation. The two huge centre backs headed it away for fun when it came to them. We never got close to hurting them all game long. 

last season the final positions we never beat the top 8 sides at home. Lost everyone. We never seem to get up for it at home against the bigger teams do we. Yes I know they’re big sides but is this an indication of the way we play and as a team and set up? We’re not an in your face team who closes down and tackles we’re neither a big horrible team who wins headers all over the pitch. 

these are bonus games yesterday and it was very nearly a point earned but my god we just never get it right and seem to turn up in these games. 

fleetwood is absolutely huge. We have to beat them or I’ll be very worried. Two or three games in hand mean not a lot when you can’t win them. I get a Cheltenham or a reading will get out of trouble 100.%. The worry is the few teams above us winning and that gap will open up between the bottom 6 and the rest pretty quick if we can’t get a win Saturday. We have to simply use some money from somewhere to try and bring a striker in and not a u21 kid on loan. Ask donno for another interest free loan, ask Robbie, ask whoever but try and get someone in or this’ll cost us a lot more money next season. Possibly stay up and have some great crowds and make money against Stockport Wrexham Notts county maybe? Relegation will hit us massively financially. Season ticket sales, box sales, shirt sales…

We are certainly in a relegation battle now. We had a poor January last season when we thought everything was fine and save the signings till summer and it nearly backfired. Thursday night said to me we think we’re fine now with flickers reaction. I’m very worried if he thinks we’re fine. 

there’s absolutely no gain in developing some of the top talent in the country like Devine gore arblaster if the end result means relegation! Who gains from that? We don’t. Flitcroft can sit there all day tell me the way forward is to build relationships with top clubs that’s all well and good but do not rely on them to be your best players especially when they get recalled. It’s another way of saying we absolutely will not spend money and will hope we stay up by recruiting this type of player. Huge gamble I hope it doesn’t backfire 

We need to start puting some money into players we know can do a half decent job.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

I will be really happy when he signs his new deal because for me while Plant is injured he is the stand out player from the young lads,his cameo yesterday was very good as was his turn when he turned his man and attacked down the left... he has to start on Saturday for me

Going forward I think it’s good that he’s so weeny because any shoulder barge is gets sends him flying - automatic foul. Or he’s tricky enough to get the ball in the box. Obviously the edge to that is defending he could get shrugged off but he seems to hold his own. Plant and Shorrock on the left, Grant moved to cover the middle. This is in a parallel universe where we actually have a choice of players.

1 hour ago, PVFC FAN said:

I 100% agree. He has the pace to get past defenders, he has the strength to flip defenders onto there arses. We know he can score goals. I was hoping uche would start scoring but now he's injured we need to allow loft to step up or buy someone with some serious money.

I have always said he needs a run of games so we can see what he is really about and he might get that now but as you say his pace has actually surprised me

• Like 2

3 hours ago, werstayinup said:

We have to look after Jack and drip feed him and build him into games

I don't want him deep ended and made out a scapegoat if we go down as he's a great talent.

Fantastic off the bench yesterday but struggled badly at Carlisle, so we he needs looking after.

• Like 3