onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

1 hour ago, saintvaliant said:

Tommy Widd surely holds the club record for earliest red card? Couple of mins into a 3-2 defeat at Birmingham in the late 90s if memory serves me right.

Thing was, that was his first game back after serving a 3 Game suspension for another red card!!

• Haha 1

Advert

3 hours ago, prof said:

When I was small (70+ years ago) we always had golden syrup and butter on our oatcakes. But I agree, cheese is also great!

That just shows the versatility of the oatcake - sweet or savoury! And, yes - golden syrup and butter were awesome!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, manc_vale said:

It's significant that the ground work for this and for the recruitment was done whilst a part time DOF. This will have saved us a few quid whilst getting us out of league 2, bringing through talent from the academy, putting in place a better brand of football, working with Carol to improve the facilities, promoting the club etc. 

If this makes me a happy clapper, DF lover I'll wear it. There are limited better options than DF at the price we are likely paying and there are certainly many worse. 

I think that's your best and most accurate post, manc_vale! Welcome to the Club!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

The gap being 4 points with top of the table on Saturday is not very comfortable.

Win one game in hand puts us up about 4 - 5 places...win two puts us up 7 places.  We have 3 in hand on some clubs...and, yes - I know they have to be won!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Loggerheads Sage said:

Lol, looks like everyone wants to be me.

You would probably have put what I think and got me banned 😆   mind you, if I ever do lose it, I will just tell rob, I was framed, it was all lance Tony, lol

I knew I should have posted the rumour!!!!! hahaha 

2 hours ago, LancyTony said:

Toney was banned!

You should know gambling isn't something as simple as wanting a bit of a flutter, a little entertainment? The issues for a person to start gambling can be very complex, and have nothing to do with winning money, even? It can be a very destructive lifestyle, and cases need to be dealt with with some sympathy / empathy?

He was. The discussion moved on to the underpinning issues. Mitigation comes after investigation and prosecution. It may influence sentencing or not.

As an auditor, investigator and risk manager - in my career - I find and bring the facts forward to decision makers. That's it. I don't care, for example, if a person stole money to fund an affair with a secret lover. They just broke the law.

I might mention in a report they told me that was their motivation for committing the offence / crime. But it won't alter the core findings, conclusions and recommendations arising from the investigation I put in the report. 

I appreciate you want to bring sympathy, empathy and support etc. So the offending person here - Toney - does have issues that need treatment and support. But for the investigator that's something that comes after the case has been proven and carried out by someone else competent to help. 

Edited by Warren

2 hours ago, bomber said:

See Charlton sacked there manager! 

How dumb is that!

He was clearly looking to change how they play a little. They've just allowed him to sign 6 players and spend a reasonable amount of money. Then they sack him. Should have sacked him at Christmas or given him 10 games with the players and formation he wanted. Now they get a new manager with a squad to play the way Appleton wanted to play with players he wanted. Then they'll do another rebuild in the summer.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Vale1995 said:

Flickers deserves a huge amount of credit for what hes done to make us an attractive option for some of the best young talent in the country. Long may it continue.

And to think many on here and other social media platforms, were angrily calling for him to be sacked.  Fickle game innit

• Like 4