onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

3 minutes ago, MBE said:

You say that Bill but I know for a fact we signed players under Aspin regardless of the medical!!!

We are a much more professional outfit these days with the size of our Sports Science Department do you’d like to think we utilise them for signings.

The medical is predominantly an insurance requirement.  If a player doesn't pass a medical you can't get insurance.  A doctor won't falsify a medical as to do so and for it to be discovered would end a career. It's not really about fitness. The Bristol JCH fiasco was linked to needing extra scans on damaged tissue to satisfy the insurers. The scan showed insufficient damage to prevent insurance but by then the deadline has past. It's mainly about assessing the risk of injury ending a career and therefore leading to a payout. I have no knowledge one way or the other of the club signing players without a medical. It would mean they would be uninsured. I would have thought it more likely that players failed some kind of internal fitness test but passed the medical and were signed.

It's a bit like joining the military. The fitness test is separate to the medical. The medical looks at the susceptibility to injury which might require discharge for invalidity. I passed my fitness tests relatively comfortably in the 80s. I had to have an extra set of medical examinations and a. X-ray due to an old leg fracture prior to joining. Plenty of people pass the fitness element and fail the medical. I'm sure plenty of applicants who failed the fitness would have passed the medical.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Advert

Summarising what I posted before. Played 6, won 0, lost 3, drawn 3.  Sacked. Banned for 4 games for conduct offences. Time in charge 29 days. 
Mitigation!! Deeney says he was sacked before his ban was announced. 
Deeney scored 4 goals in 16 games. That includes a hat-trick v Notts County!
He got done for calling an official a weasel as well pretty tame tbf
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Yes it was confirmed he failed medical at numerous clubs, Barnsley being one of them. DF confirmed this.  Wilson was a risk worth taking due to his quality and imo Uche was as well given our striker issues for me it’s just a bit strange he would fail a medical now. 

Uche scored a goal and won player of the match v Charlton. So he looked very fit to me. But if you have vulnerability it can be the type that just explodes in a moment. Then you are out for months needing significant medical treatment. Or worse, it's career ending. 

Edited by Warren

25 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

the all things negative brigade are trying to suggest we have a less strict test of some sort, which is the reason for our injury list . 

Wind your neck in a little bit.

Its a simple question, why have 2 x players that we have signed, recently failed medicals other club's, how have they passed ours?

If we are not allowed to ask any questions then no point in having a fourm, don't you think?

Or in your eyes is a forum just for throwing out niceties all night.

Your views are different to mine, so, that makes you negative 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

No that is fine. I will actually ask the Vale staff at the forum on Thursday.

Debrah was failing medicals at clubs in the summer but ended up signing for us.

Which begs the question, are our medicals stringent enough in line with other clubs? if we are signing players that are failing medicals at other clubs but signing for us and we also end up with signings that have a history of keep being out for long periods injured, I would like to know what are are medicals are like.

Brian, did I read somewhere that, with Debrah, they knew he'd failed a medical in other clubs but knew what the problem was and thought they could get him fit, so took a gamble on him...??

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Wind your neck in a little bit.

Its a simple question, why have 2 x players that we have signed, recently failed medicals other club's, how have they passed ours?

If we are not allowed to ask any questions then no point in having a fourm, don't you think?

Or in your eyes is a forum just for throwing out niceties all night.

Your views are different to mine, so, that makes you negative 

I’m debating your point, and your outlook towards the club is clearly 90% negative , mine is more positive , especially because of the hard work that has gone on over the last 3 years. 

rightly I will defend the clubs position when it seems lazy  mud throwing when the opportunity arises 

the issue around medicals is a rumour, but ask the question and see what they say 

so no I won’t ’wind my neck in’ and listen to you run the club down 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

I’m debating your point, and your outlook towards the club is clearly 90% negative , mine is more positive , especially because of the hard work that has gone on over the last 3 years. 

rightly I will defend the clubs position when it seems lazy  mud throwing when the opportunity arises 

the issue around medicals is a rumour, but ask the question and see what they say 

so no I won’t ’wind my neck in’ and listen to you run the club down 

I think injuries and medicals are a difficult one for the club when it comes to public relations. For example, the fans want to know how long Garrity will be out for. But it would be a clear breach of duty of confidentiality to him to publish his medical notes - taking an extreme perspective. What is said in the public domain must be acceptable to the club and the player. 

I was a bit disturbed when Jesse Debrah went off injured. For me he didn't look fit to start the game and that seemed obvious. So what was going on?

Edited by Warren

26 minutes ago, Warren said:

I think injuries and medicals are a difficult one for the club when it comes to public relations. For example, the fans want to know how long Garrity will be out for. But it would be a clear breach of duty of confidentiality to him to publish his medical notes - taking an extreme perspective. What is said in the public domain must be acceptable to the club and the player. 

I was a bit disturbed when Jesse Debrah went off injured. For me he didn't look fit to start the game and that seemed obvious. So what was going on?

they wouldn't have to publish any medical notes in order to give an estimate to the fan base of how long he will he out for tho. It happens at clubs up & down the country 

Falling a medical is a great way a rumour spreading blogger  uses to  justify his rumour was correct but  the transfer not happening . Can’t see ulche was going anywhere as Charlton have been likened with everyone from Exoudus.  To Harry Kane 

10 minutes ago, Rockape99 said:

Falling a medical is a great way a rumour spreading blogger  uses to  justify his rumour was correct but  the transfer not happening . Can’t see ulche was going anywhere as Charlton have been likened with everyone from Exoudus.  To Harry Kane 

it come from the club themselves tho, Vale have confirmed that's there's been a couple of enquiries around uche

Edited by Vtid

Just now, Vtid said:

it come from the club themselves tho, Vale have confirmed that's there's been a couple of enquiries around uche so some of it's true surely. 

If you listen to bing he said there had be a lot of interest in a number of our squad and Ulche was one of them .Tbh mate I’m more worried about Walters going than Ulche 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vtid said:

it come from the club themselves tho, Vale have confirmed that's there's been a couple of enquiries around uche

The club only said there have been enquiries not that It ever went any further.  I'd imagine we have probably made enquiries about a few dozen players. Particularly with 6 months on a contract clubs will be looking to see what valuations are. It could just be down to the post match comments and people reading too much into what was said.

• Like 1