onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

2 hours ago, Osh said:

I'd have Gibbo back but only as an emergency thing till the end of the season. We have enough injured players on the books right now. 

My preference would be to find someone from either lower leagues that we can buy and develop or a loan from Champ/Prem - if it's good enough for Plymouth to get promoted I'm all for it. 

I think thats the clubs model anyway now,buy them who may improve and sell them on for profit

• Like 2

Advert

2 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

To be clear, I don't want him. I just think it's the sort of signing we'll be after.

Yes not to sure on him myself,it looks like he has 7 appearances and 5 as sub this season,not sure if thats due to injury or not though

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

Yes not to sure on him myself,it looks like he has 7 appearances and 5 as sub this season,not sure if thats due to injury or not though

Partly due to getting sent off, partly injuries, partly they replaced him close season due to injuries last season.

My take is January is always a sellers market. Rovers have no plans to keep him and may well be prepared to release him. We need someone until Clark is fit, so 7 or 8 games. If the choice were him or a LWB I'd take a LWB. If the choice was Gibbo on a 18 month contract or sign someone in the summer in a buyers market, I'd probably wait until the summer. If the choice is Gibbo until the end of the season on loan, or for a free because good LWB or RWBs just aren't available within our budget,  I'd be very happy to see him return.  Not sure it's a straight binary choice, where you either want him or don't want him. The right deal, for the right length of contract, probably a good signing. We are very weak in both wingback positions with Clark injured for another month or so. If we could get 5 or 6 games out of him in that period he would make a difference. 

Personally I’d have Gibbo back - but it would a 6 month loan to see how he does. He was great in League 2 so we’d have to assess for ourselves if he can fit into the team at this level. It works in his favour that he can cover both wing back positions - an area we have struggled with in terms of injuries.

I also hope DJ can come back and stay fit. Much better than Iacovitti for me on that left side.

Of the players we have, I would be looking to move on Loft, and send Balmer back. I actually really rate Cass on the right of a back three, especially in games where we should be attacking more (like Carlisle), but it seems Crosby doesn’t. Same with Conlon, so I expect both to leave.

We all know we desperately need a striker (or two depending on Thomas) and a load of wing backs. I would want one on both sides minimum - a pacy left sided player (like Mitch) and maybe a loan cover for Mitch - who despite his injuries I still think should be one of the first names on that team sheet.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, andy jones said:

What's this 'Vale thing' of always wanting to bring former players and Managers back.

FFS there's a big pool out there, go and fish in it 😒 

It's the January window so it's actually a very small pool. We might have the money for a couple of small fees BUT we need 3 or 4 players. The pool of players who might improve us AND who might be available on a free is probably less than the fingers on both hands. In this particular case that's the attraction of the player. If we had a million to splash about then he wouldn't be getting a mention.

Gwion Edwards will be a very good player in league 2, if he's recovered from his injury. 2 years ago was able to turn down a contract extension at Ipswich,  now signing for Morecambe.  Shows how precarious a football career can be.

1 minute ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Lots of clubs do too Osh, Wimbledon know it and have slapped a £2.5 mil price tag on him.

I've got more chance of weaving fog than them getting £2.5m for him. 

If we're valuing Garrety at £750k can't see why he's worth that much. 

Rediculous 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, andy jones said:

What's this 'Vale thing' of always wanting to bring former players and Managers back.

FFS there's a big pool out there, go and fish in it 😒 

Agree,Gibbo is injury prone and would probably end up being played out of position.....oops, sounds like a typical Flitcroft target!😆