onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

20 hours ago, valeparklife said:

He's a left footed natural wingback? We play right footed forwards there.

The bigger issue is Bolton want to get Declan John off the wage bill, as he's a high earner. It would be similar to the failed Denver Hulme deal, where Bolton will probably need to part compensate him for taking a pay cut.

Advert

53 minutes ago, robf said:

I think it's kind of a bit of both. I think a confident and in-form Loft would carry a far greater threat but right now he looks completely devoid of any confidence whatsoever. Even back to form, I don't think he's a prolific scorer, and may not be the right striker for our formation, but an in-form Loft may not be getting quite the stick he is now. 

The problem right now is he's completely out of form but can't be dropped due to lack of alternatives, he's getting less confident as the drought continues and the crowd getting on his back (I'm not having a go at that really, I know there is a deep frustration) probably makes him even less confident. 

It goes without saying that he could really do with a goal going in off his shin or something, just to stop the rot. 

I just get really frustrated at what I'm seeing on social media and in the stands. He's the new scapegoat and Vale fans always have to have one!

What chances have we created for him? How many balls have our midfield played through for him to have a 1 on 1? How many times has a wide player picked him out in the box? How many times has someone set him up to have a shot on goal?

He's playing off scraps. Same as Uche.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

I just get really frustrated at what I'm seeing on social media and in the stands. He's the new scapegoat and Vale fans always have to have one!

What chances have we created for him? How many balls have our midfield played through for him to have a 1 on 1? How many times has a wide player picked him out in the box? How many times has someone set him up to have a shot on goal?

I agree with that. We play possession based football as did Bolton. We don't seem able to up the pace as Bolton can, when an opportunity makes itself available.  Bolton's second goal was excellent because 3 players saw where the opportunity was, we just don't do that. We are one paced for 90 minutes. Too much of our "good" play is 50 metres from goal. It looks nice but teams set their defensive shape while we are doing it. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

I agree to some extent however he to my mind has missed two absolute sitters. Stevenage away league where the keeper was way out of position. Almost an open goal. And Burton with 10 men he had a golden opportunity to win it late on and fired it straight at the keepers legs. 

Last week he also had a snap header at Stevenage where either side of the keeper he scores. Instead it went straight in his midriff. 

Whilst he hasn't scored my main bugbear is he looks lazy. Might just be his style . Wilson was often accused of being lazy too. Loft comes across disinterested to me. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, valeparklife said:

That's very true. It seems to have been going on for ever and it can't help a player's confidence. 

I personally think this is a very good idea for Ryan Loft and Gavin Massey:

1 hour ago, robf said:

That's very true. It seems to have been going on for ever and it can't help a player's confidence. 

I personally think this is a very good idea for Ryan Loft and Gavin Massey:

Turned off social media by those who could only dream of being half the player the one they are slagging off constantly is. 

5 minutes ago, llcoolj said:

In my eyes, no. Not wanting to spoil Mike's article for free we can't even tie down Rhys Walters to a contract after 12 weeks of negotiations 

so what's he basically said on walters? look like he's gonna end up going? 

8 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:

The inference is his 'advisors' want money that exceeds the structure in place for a player of his stature.

He's also saying we are a club looking to find players to sell on, not walk away for <ovf censored> all, anyway subscribe to Mike's blog it's worth it