onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Tom Pope Recalled

X-Valiant

I'd have said Mickey Adams would have to shoulder some part of the responsibility. It's far more likely he was given a budget, and spent it elsewhere leaving us short on strikers. Even if they had limited him to 18 players, I would have still made sure I had 3 out and out strikers in that 18.

You should bash V2001 for a lot of things, but not this. I'd have said that one of the main problems they've provided for the club is the fact they over-budgeted on the playing side, compared to our income. Hence why we see £350k losses in the accounts.

On the other hand, Micky may have had 'irons in the fire' ready for the January transfer window but the deals fell through once Micky left.

Advert

On the other hand, Micky may have had 'irons in the fire' ready for the January transfer window but the deals fell through once Micky left.

Quite possibly, particularly as Malbon had left the club at this point. I just fail to see how Mickey Adams can be seen as someone who did no wrong. My assumption would be that our wage budget is quite competitive by league two standards, hence why we've been up near the top all season. Whether it was apportioned squad-wise across all the positions properly is up for debate.

Quite possibly, particularly as Malbon had left the club at this point. I just fail to see how Mickey Adams can be seen as someone who did no wrong. My assumption would be that our wage budget is quite competitive by league two standards, hence why we've been up near the top all season. Whether it was apportioned squad-wise across all the positions properly is up for debate.

our wage bill is top 8

however, just when we needed to add we did not have the funds to make a difference, contrast this with when bill bell bought aspin & glover in the promotion season after we had lost our centre half partnership

our wage bill is top 8

however, just when we needed to add we did not have the funds to make a difference, contrast this with when bill bell bought aspin & glover in the promotion season after we had lost our centre half partnership

He only bought Glover, £200k just before the Wolves home match wasn't it. I'm sure Aspo was bought in the pre-season after we got promoted. :razz:

Either way, we spent £200k on one player 22 years ago, we can't spend £200 on anyone these days.

I'd have said Mickey Adams would have to shoulder some part of the responsibility. It's far more likely he was given a budget, and spent it elsewhere leaving us short on strikers. Even if they had limited him to 18 players, I would have still made sure I had 3 out and out strikers in that 18.

You should bash V2001 for a lot of things, but not this. I'd have said that one of the main problems they've provided for the club is the fact they over-budgeted on the playing side, compared to our income. Hence why we see £350k losses in the accounts.

Adams million pound budget was cut by 130k and to cut another 350k would be a non-league budget.V2001 "Blueprint for the Conference".

The losses and budget for a club this size with big gates in this division is down to the V2001 Board who have mortgaged the club to the hilt and have

a ground and stands without sponsors and hardly any marketing and commercial revenue.

Adams performed a miracle given the budget....

Two keepers plus six defenders with two out and out CB's and two out and out FB's plus Collins (LB/CB) and Sutton (RB/CB).

Adams had four central midfielders although Loft could play wide midfield

and two out and out wingers....plus Dodds and Rigg who can play wide attacking midfield and perhaps be considered as an option upfront as a

second striker should one of the two out and out strikers get injured.

The squad was small but perfectly formed and Adams obviously knew that

they would need half a dozen loan players over the season but as we have seen time and again under V2001 the manager budgets and has a contingency fund for emergency loan players when required but end up being lucky if they see the money again that is part of their budget......

we were supposed to have the money for two long term loan players in january...a striker and right winger....but despite the compo as well

we ended up with some cheap mostly free short term loans that even

then the club couldn't afford and sent back.

A matchday 18 for 50 league and cup games over a season needs a squad of around 25 players over a season we have 17 which is alright for a five-a-side league and it will be worse next season....

He only bought Glover, £200k just before the Wolves home match wasn't it. I'm sure Aspo was bought in the pre-season after we got promoted. :razz:

Either way, we spent £200k on one player 22 years ago, we can't spend £200 on anyone these days.

you may well be right about aspin, lost loads of brain cells since then :D

I know a scout who went to watch Pope on Saturday for another club and thought he was poor including in the air.

I went to watch him and I would add he was even poor in the warmup! He couldn't hit the target. I have only been impreesed with him in the Bradford game, the rest he has been pretty average and the Richard twins form a better partnership with a better understanding IMHO.

you may well be right about aspin, lost loads of brain cells since then :D

Glover for £200k and Andy Jones on loan on the eve of the Wolves game. Neil Aspin signed from Leeds in close season for anything between £140-200k depending on what paper you read. Both excellent buys in the long run for PVFC.

At least Grewy and the Hoss have a couple of days to get the Ric's playing together and maybe form a plan for the weekend......Justin should be raring to go.

I don't think they need to work on playing together, they have a good partnership and understanding already

It was £200k on Glover and about a week or two later, £75k on Gary West from Gillingham

Archived