onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Why are we that bad??

williamsmob

as you will soon realise with 99% of posters (the majority of which probably dont even attend the VALE) on here, the glass is never half full. Promotion next season and then a few of theese loyal supporters may just start attending again.......VALE FOREVER.

99%! Wow, that a bold statement and a half.

Like many I don't get to the games, but my Port Vale glass is always half full and I am a loyal supporter through the good and bad times :rolleyes:

Advert

This is my first thread and I just wanted to ask everyone ....why are we that bad??...add on the ten points we would have been there or there abouts now all we want to talk about how bad MA is, who would be better than what we have etc... maybe its me being forgetful of the season just gone and optimistic of what is to be. Just think as it stands lets look at the glass half full a bit anyways hope someome adds to this and im not on my own

Some people believe that we have a devine right to be in the top 3 never mind top 7 so when we aren't....... That said our record since the turn of the Millenium has been pretty dreadful so people at times do have a reason and fact to be negative rather than positive in their posts.

Micky Adams has a good League 2 squad if we can retain our best players. We need to add some better players to become solid promotion challengers and lose some of the weaker members of the squad. That said, I don't mind some of the weaker members of the squad being developing youngsters of course. I think he has set about doing that that gradual development, allowing for the administration situation. A few weeks ago I was in favour of more radical change, but with my objective head on .......

It is easy to over praise the team though as well. I thought the team player well against Oxford, and I still do, but TV replays show how inept Oxford were in defence on all three goals.

It would be helpful if Luton don't come up. Expect Plymouth to be stronger. The rest will be similar and there is nothing coming down to be freightened of.

Three years ago was our expectation that by now we would have at least made it to the play offs and hopefully been promoted? That our squad will have developed into a much stronger one that is more able to compete? The point isn't that we have just failed to scrape into the play offs. It's that we don't seem to have developed on the pitch. That we are sticking with the same team in the hope that (as one of about 12 teams who could scrape it) we get lucky.

it's not the same team. no sticking. 5 people + going, hopefully just as many if not more new faces to replace them.

Finishing 7th (which we didn't) should not be an aim. How often does a team in the final play off place go on to gain promotion? 1 in 6, 1 in 7? We will be a long time in this division if all we can muster is 7th place finishes.

We need to consider the gap to the top 3. Right now, we need a lot of progress to get up there. But that's where we need to aim for IMHO

Are you ******? The team in 7th usually wins the Play-Offs. :laugh:

I love healthy debate but the reason for this thread was to ask the question of why cant we be positive, oh the last ten years, oh the mismanagement, oh the retained list.......I dont care we finally have what we want which is a businessman with purpose in control, he will want success otherwise why invest??? we have or hope to have a squad that flirts with the playoffs!!! We have a larger wage budget therefore hopefully we can add those 2-3 vital cogs and hey new tops we can all get ripped off with : ) ....my point being if we cant be positive at this moment in time from looking at what has been and what may become (obviously could all go sour) then hey im happy to live in this hopeful happy bubble.

As for happy finishing 7th i'd take it now and no i want 1st next season but......thats next season for now im happy about dreaming of it...thats all my point lets enjoy it for these few months

Im a very optimistic person.

Blind optimism doesnt do any one any favours though

A few opinions from me, this league is shocking, the football is awfull.

We have been mediocre at best, no where near the top at the end of the seaons we have been in this league. Some of our football last year was just boring.

The positives, I rate MA I think he has what it takes, add some quality [ either pay for it or be lucky enough to get some one in cheap like Shuker who had hit a bad spell ] and we have a good chance of top 3.

I dont see nearly making the top 7 as a sucess

Topic:Why are we that bad?

Because for a number of well known reasons the squad lacks over all quality when compared to the top few teams in the league.

Lack of speed and the ability to run at a defence with the ball.

Lack of a midfielder who can supply quality passes to the forwards.

Lack of speedy capable defenders.

Lack of a capable goalie that would instil confidence into the defence

Just a few quality footballers next season should be a big help in attaining promotion.

Its part of a football supporters lifeblood to be optimistic at the start of each season, otherwise whats the point. This new season gives Vale supporters renewed hope and optimism for the new season. The old inept board gone, no debts and an increased budget which should allow for better players to be brought in. I am hopeful that if everything regarding the takeover goes through smoothly, MA can attract the kind of players that will give us some much needed success next season.

Im a very optimistic person.

Blind optimism doesnt do any one any favours though

A few opinions from me, this league is shocking, the football is awfull.

We have been mediocre at best, no where near the top at the end of the seaons we have been in this league. Some of our football last year was just boring.

The positives, I rate MA I think he has what it takes, add some quality [ either pay for it or be lucky enough to get some one in cheap like Shuker who had hit a bad spell ] and we have a good chance of top 3.

I dont see nearly making the top 7 as a sucess

What are you comparing this league to though? I have seen some fairly dreadful premiersh*p games on tv this season. I have also seem some non league football live and there is a bit of a difference between that and League 2.

In answer to the opening poster, the players we have are average. Quite simple. Thats why im very disapointed that MA has offered the majority of them contracts.

I wouldnt lose sleep over any of them leaving, bar Richards. I wouldnt be too fussed if Micky left either.

It was the ideal time for a clean sweep. We have too many players who are not good enough.

What are you comparing this league to though? I have seen some fairly dreadful premiersh*p games on tv this season. I have also seem some non league football live and there is a bit of a difference between that and League 2.

Hi RZ

Im not comparing it to any thing, for me last season was the most boring I have ever had watching Vale, just plain boring

Archived