onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Why are we that bad??

williamsmob

This is my first thread and I just wanted to ask everyone ....why are we that bad??...add on the ten points we would have been there or there abouts now all we want to talk about how bad MA is, who would be better than what we have etc... maybe its me being forgetful of the season just gone and optimistic of what is to be. Just think as it stands lets look at the glass half full a bit anyways hope someome adds to this and im not on my own

Advert

This is my first thread and I just wanted to ask everyone ....why are we that bad??...add on the ten points we would have been there or there abouts now all we want to talk about how bad MA is, who would be better than what we have etc... maybe its me being forgetful of the season just gone and optimistic of what is to be. Just think as it stands lets look at the glass half full a bit anyways hope someome adds to this and im not on my own

as you will soon realise with 99% of posters (the majority of which probably dont even attend the VALE) on here, the glass is never half full. Promotion next season and then a few of theese loyal supporters may just start attending again.......VALE FOREVER.

Finishing 7th (which we didn't) should not be an aim. How often does a team in the final play off place go on to gain promotion? 1 in 6, 1 in 7? We will be a long time in this division if all we can muster is 7th place finishes.

We need to consider the gap to the top 3. Right now, we need a lot of progress to get up there. But that's where we need to aim for IMHO

I think the question is where should we realistically aim to be? AVIM in my view has it right we should not be satisfying ourselves with maybe challenging for 7th but aiming for that top 3. The question is do these players have it in them to sustain that over a season and I just don't see it unless there's some real quality additions brought in as well especially out wide someone who can deliver a ball into the box properly.

I agree. I don't think the current squad is a top 3 squad and that needs addressing. The answer isn't just money, it also a question of value for money. I saw this preseason as a good chance to churn out a few more of the players who don't offer that value and replace them with players that might.

That didn't happen so let's hope that extra money is made available to bring in additional quality that will keep the likes of pope, Owen etc out of the starting 11, in a positive sense.

Finishing 7th (which we didn't) should not be an aim. How often does a team in the final play off place go on to gain promotion? 1 in 6, 1 in 7? We will be a long time in this division if all we can muster is 7th place finishes.

We need to consider the gap to the top 3. Right now, we need a lot of progress to get up there. But that's where we need to aim for IMHO

It is seen as a stepping stone, finish in the POs with a 1/4 chance of being promoted, if not next season go for the top 3. When in L1, target mid table, then POs, then top 2. But seasons vary, sometimes there are stronger teams than other seasons. We do not know who will be assembling stronger teams yet, what sort of team we will have, can it be added to in January. Ryder and MA will have an idea, but no point in letting agents know yet.

An automatic promotion spot is the minimum we should be aiming for and the squad of 16 retained players aren't good enough to get us there as was shown last season. However, 4-5 quality additions, one of these being a leader who can dictate play and take responsibility on the field, would give a squad capable of promotion to league 1. IMO, MA is the manager to take us there.

An automatic promotion spot is the minimum we should be aiming for and the squad of 16 retained players aren't good enough to get us there as was shown last season. However, 4-5 quality additions, one of these being a leader who can dictate play and take responsibility on the field, would give a squad capable of promotion to league 1. IMO, MA is the manager to take us there.

I completely agree with all of the above. The question then is can the club, run at break even, bring in those 5 or 6 quality players?

Is break even, even important anymore? It was one rod we used to smash across the old mobs back for years.

I completely agree with all of the above. The question then is can the club, run at break even, bring in those 5 or 6 quality players?

Is break even, even important anymore? It was one rod we used to smash across the old mobs back for years.

"Can the club break even/bring in those quality players", IMO its going to be tough to break even in the first year and hopefully KR will open his cheque book just a little and facilitate the signing of some quality players. This is the time for MA to earn his corn, he's been here long enough to know what the Vale need and I'm sure he will deliver. Once we get success on the pitch the rest/break even will follow as long as the club is run sensibly and with fiscal responsibility.

"Can the club break even/bring in those quality players", IMO its going to be tough to break even in the first year and hopefully KR will open his cheque book just a little and facilitate the signing of some quality players. This is the time for MA to earn his corn, he's been here long enough to know what the Vale need and I'm sure he will deliver. Once we get success on the pitch the rest/break even will follow as long as the club is run sensibly and with fiscal responsibility.

I think a little extra spending now is probably a good thing if we can put it o good use. It's a gamble though! If MA gets it wrong well we are just going down the same old slippery slope.

Let's see what preseason brings in terms of transfer activity. This really is MAs time to shine.

as you will soon realise with 99% of posters (the majority of which probably dont even attend the VALE) on here, the glass is never half full. Promotion next season and then a few of theese loyal supporters may just start attending again.......VALE FOREVER.

Could you name these people as most of the posters I know on here are regulars? Some of us withheld our home attendance until we got rid of mold but personally speaking I've been a home and away regular since as have others. At last this site is returning to debating footballing matters, seems some can't manage debate or accept others have a different view on players, managers tactics etc. That's football I'm afraid.

Three years ago was our expectation that by now we would have at least made it to the play offs and hopefully been promoted? That our squad will have developed into a much stronger one that is more able to compete? The point isn't that we have just failed to scrape into the play offs. It's that we don't seem to have developed on the pitch. That we are sticking with the same team in the hope that (as one of about 12 teams who could scrape it) we get lucky.

Quite often actually

Archived