onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ainsworth leaves Wycombe

Diego Maradona

They're really not. Vale fans are football fans, as fickle or unfickle as all the rest. You just have more access to Vale fans. Go and read the forums of, say, Walsall, and you'll come away with the exact came conclusion.
You've made a guess about what % of the fanbase will want rid of Clarke based upon the comments of about 3 people. I would bet 90%+ fans of Port Vale don't want Clarke going anywhere.
I'd agree with that. The media makes the same kind of assertion to sensationalise a 'storm' on social media when, in reality, it's often just a handful of people (usually the loudest and most unreasonable) who support the headline. I'm very confident that the vast majority of our supporters are a. Happy with our overall performance this season and b. Very supportive of DC etc

Advert

44 minutes ago, philmpv said:
49 minutes ago, JoeB2 said:
They're really not. Vale fans are football fans, as fickle or unfickle as all the rest. You just have more access to Vale fans. Go and read the forums of, say, Walsall, and you'll come away with the exact came conclusion.
You've made a guess about what % of the fanbase will want rid of Clarke based upon the comments of about 3 people. I would bet 90%+ fans of Port Vale don't want Clarke going anywhere.

I'd agree with that. The media makes the same kind of assertion to sensationalise a 'storm' on social media when, in reality, it's often just a handful of people (usually the loudest and most unreasonable) who support the headline. I'm very confident that the vast majority of our supporters are a. Happy with our overall performance this season and b. Very supportive of DC etc

My dad used to say 'empty vessels make most noise'.

And that was long before social media kicked in.

7 hours ago, JoeB2 said:

All of those other ex Vale legends were rubbish managers, though. None of them had managed in the EFL before and none of them have managed in the EFL since. They were absolute garbage. Ainsworth has had a decade of success.

Why is this forum so obsessed with the idea that Vale fans are uniquely bad? 😂

It's because Potteries folk are so naturally grumpy 🤣

On 21/02/2023 at 19:12, Brian Johnson said:

Does well, he becomes a god again at QPR.

Does rubbish, he will get a big pay off and a job easily back in league 1 or 2

Correct.  He can’t lose.  Down the line if things didn’t work out he could easily end up back managing at Wycombe.

He has decided to test himself at QPR. At Wycombe, with a larger player budget than PV, he has got them to Championship level, which was unsustainable, but cemented them as an established L1 club. 

At QPR dreams of the PL likely exist, as they do at rival clubs like Stoke City. But in the C most clubs first have to get safe. The clubs that have come down from the PL have more to spend for a couple of seasons and there are a set of clubs that yo yo C to PL to C. 

So to the key questions. What do the owners of QPR see as success? What is failure? Are their expectations reasonable? I think he has stepped into an environment where even the best managers at that level, like Steve Bruce and Neil Warnock, regularly get sacked. Maybe he's just decided to accept the risk. 

To be fair, as we have seen with Peterborough with Darren Ferguson, there are some managers who can go back and manage again at their past clubs several times. Maybe he can rely on that as a backstop. 

On 22/02/2023 at 10:47, NorthwoodValiant said:

That's fair enough, but you're only as good as your last game, give it a few more losses and there will be a majority calling for Clarke's head even though he got us promoted, plenty of people on the Wonder of Vale saying he's clueless and doesn't know what he's doing.

With the way that Ainsworth plays this wouldn't help hi cause with the vale fans.

And whilst I don't think Vale fans are 'uniquely' bad, they are definitely a very fickle fan base

A message to all the whingers who slate DC,it took super Gareth Ainsworth six seasons in League Two to get Wycombe promoted.Darrell got us promoted in fifteen months?

KTF.UTV

Good luck to Gareth in his new job at QPR.

Archived