onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Portsmouth

Iron Curtain

First off, I have no idea why you think Portsmouth would be interested in DC. If we creeped into the play offs this season then I would say, yeah, ok, some bigger club may take a punt on him but at the moment no.

Secondly, do not not think for one second that if a club like Portsmouth did come in for DC that he would not take it.

Luckily for us, he jumped ship quick enough from Walsall to come to us and if a club comes knocking that will significantly increase his wages and secure his family future, do not make any bones about it, he will do it.

The problem with fans is the blind loyalty

Advert

3 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

First off, I have no idea why you think Portsmouth would be interested in DC. If we creeped into the play offs this season then I would say, yeah, ok, some bigger club may take a punt on him but at the moment no.

Secondly, do not not think for one second that if a club like Portsmouth did come in for DC that he would not take it.

Luckily for us, he jumped ship quick enough from Walsall to come to us and if a club comes knocking that will significantly increase his wages and secure his family future, do not make any bones about it, he will do it.

The problem with fans is the blind loyalty

Portsmouth would be interested because of the job he's done here. Staring non league in the face to 9th in league one in 23 months.

Of the 4 promoted clubs FGR and Exeter had their managers poached by Watford and Rotherham. Clarke is every bit as good as Edwards and Taylor in my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Portsmouth would be interested because of the job he's done here. Staring non league in the face to 9th in league one in 23 months.

Of the 4 promoted clubs FGR and Exeter had their managers poached by Watford and Rotherham. Clarke is every bit as good as Edwards and Taylor in my opinion. 

I do not think they would be interested. Why's no other club been linked with him since he's been at Vale?

I think it also goes on the brand of football you play.

Again, if Portsmouth did actually want him then he would go to them

6 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Absolutely spot on.  His record is great, to the point where I’d expect he would be looking a bit higher than Pompey for his next career move.

3 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

I do not think they would be interested. Why's no other club been linked with him since he's been at Vale?

Hard to say, he turned down Leeds when at Rovers. I think he would only leave for the right job.

25 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

That's fair enough. 

Your last paragraph. Absolutely. Look at loony Jones, was given another chance at Luton and then left them for a 2nd time. Lard manager left a bigger club for a bigger pay cheque at Lard. If the offer was right he'd go ( with my eternal gratitude). 

I definitely think he's a contender. If you are basing it on brand of football since when were the Cowley sisters ever Holland 74 and Pompey went for those pair. 

31 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I definitely think he's a contender. If you are basing it on brand of football since when were the Cowley sisters ever Holland 74 and Pompey went for those pair. 

And thats why the Cowley sisters are no longer in charge.

If you look at the other managers that you have mentioned that have moved on, Rob Edwards and Matt Taylor, they play a brand of football that is more pleasing on the eye.

Everything DC done for Vale is magnificent and its probably been at least ten years since the vale fans & manager have had an affinity like this, long may it continue.

"Bruce, who was also recently linked with the Norwich City job, was 25/1 to replace Cowley, according to BetVictor, at the time of writing. Leam Richardson has emerged as the early favourite, ahead of Darrell Clarke, Chris Wilder, former Birmingham City boss Lee Bowyer and Liam Manning. Former Aston Villa chief Dean Smith is also on the list at 16/1"

Taken from this mornings sports pages 🤫

Lets hope his bond with Carole is secure, most of the other names are all failures!

Just now, Platty's Tassels said:

If he did go, with Clarke having 4.5 years left on his contract. How much compensation would we be entitled to? Anyone have an idea how it works? Is it based on his salary at the Vale? 

I doubt very much that any club would have to pay the 4.5 years left on his contract. I'm sure a clause would have been put in place for a much lesser figure if DC was to move to another club. It would be still a quite substantial figure though I would guess

Archived