onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams: "I Can Work With Ryder"

Memphis

Advert

As we already know, Micky has met Keith before:

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Port-Vale-business-Keith-Ryder-says-Micky-Adams/story-15813453-detail/story.html

More positive vibes.

*Cue loads of posts about how Ryder tried to prop up the old regime.

Thats the most positive statement from MA for weeks, I hope he's stopped feeling sorry for himself and gets on with the job we all know he can do

Good news

I guess he sees another side of it than we do. He sees them everyday in training, he knows the players off pitch quality. For building a squad is not only on ptch matters, some players can be very important for the team and only being a backup in on pitch matters. Maybe he will keep some for the blending of the new squad.

I think these players have been together now for the best part of 3 years and have shown that we are a bit short of talent and consistency, what Micky needs to do is take his blinkers off and bring in fresh faces of quality at this and league one level with the right ability, temperament and personality to take us on in a winning mentality.

We need players who are hungry for success to deliver consistent results week in week out and has he states in the sentinel he has compiled a dossier of such players the only thing missing now is the money to deliver, hopefully, of which we will hear about on wed

My only worry is that each time Adams speaks he seems concerned he won't be able to hold on to most of the players.

Have to agree with that. Adams should embrace this as a great opportunity to totally revamp the squad and maybe one or two of the players will find a fresh challenge elsewhere is good for them also. He needs to be prepared to be a bit ruthless this summer I think.

My only worry is that each time Adams speaks he seems concerned he won't be able to hold on to most of the players.

Thing is folks you have to take this with a pitch of salt. Adams is like any head of department in any other business. He wants as much resource as is possibly available. If he says that he has enough and he cant do everything expected of him he make a rod for his own back. Imagine Adams says yeah most players will stay with me and ive got a good budget, then a large amount of them leave and he cant attract many other players...hes going to look a spanner. However if he says he thinks most will leave and he is constrained then when they all stay and he brings a few in he looks like a bit of a winner and as a manager players have stayed to play for him (getting the Adams factor almost). Couple that with a decent season on the field and hes a football genius working under pressure on a low budget. If it doesnt work then he can always say he didnt have enough funds and players left he wanted to keep. Hes a sly old dog

The opposite is obviously the Steve Kean where you say how good your team is and how much backing youve had from the board....then deliver a crap team and possible relegation, when we all knew he was talking a load of crap :)

Couple of issues for me.....

a manager who has already stated he would sign up ALL of them if he can...why?? they have failed as a group & the only notable quality is loft n richards.

Bob Young stated non of the bids were to do with ex directors....yet thursdays revelations prove otherwise as mr ryder gave them £100k cant wait for him to explain that away.

Ticket prices for next season are an absolute joke.

From what i have heard talking to a local councillor the council are under pressure to get more of a return than 3p in £1 & with local elections comming up they are twitchy to say least.

HMRC are seriously pee'd off & that is never a good thing, if they dont get their way they will find other ways to make life hard...random tax audits, for exampl.

Why Ryder wouldnt speak to press today is beyond me, even if it was just a quick hello to urge supporters to turn up on wed to meet him.

I have a feeling hes only in it to get his money back it wouldnt be the first time a businessman has spent a large sum in order to retrieve a smaller sum then sell club on.

Lots of questions & mr Ryder needs to give a lot of answers, but if Adams thinks fans want to continue watching this set of failures then hes in cuckoo land.

Bob Young stated non of the bids were to do with ex directors....yet thursdays revelations prove otherwise as mr ryder gave them £100k cant wait for him to explain that away...No he didnt.

HMRC are seriously pee'd off & that is never a good thing, if they dont get their way they will find other ways to make life hard...random tax audits, for exampl..complete ********.

Bob Young stated non of the bids were to do with ex directors....yet thursdays revelations prove otherwise as mr ryder gave them £100k cant wait for him to explain that away.

I don't think just because he's had talks with them means he has 'anything to do with' ex directors.

It speaks volumes that he didn't trust them enough to go into business with them in the first place. He figured out what failures they are.

Bob Young stated non of the bids were to do with ex directors....yet thursdays revelations prove otherwise as mr ryder gave them £100k cant wait for him to explain that away...No he didnt.

I've gave the board some dosh at the turnstile. What a ******* :doh:

Archived