onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams: "I Can Work With Ryder"

Memphis

I can only imagine it's Adams trying to not shoot himself in the foot. Can you imagine if he had said 'I want shut of the lot of them, they've shown over 3 years they aren't good enough.' Then it turns out we cant afford anyone new and start next season with pretty much the same squad Adams has said he doesn't want. Might make next season a little difficult and he could lose the dressing room. At least this way, if we have funds, he can part on good terms with the players we get rid of, keep the remaining players happy, and improve the squad. Bit of decent man management me thinks, and the right way to approach it IMO.

I agree we need plenty of new faces in. Or maybe just two or three real quality players who can bring the best out of the rest of the team this year, then build on it next year (hopefully after promotion). I just cant see us affording 7, 8, or even 9 new first team players who are of the quality to get us promoted and keep us up the following year...unless Mr Ryder has deep pockets and definatley not if Micky cant make them into a decent, fully functioning team over the summer.

TBH Adams saying nothing would be better where the squad is concerned, or simply saying until i know what the budget is im not in a position to look at next season.

Advert

As we already know, Micky has met Keith before:

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/Port-Vale-business-Keith-Ryder-says-Micky-Adams/story-15813453-detail/story.html

More positive vibes.

*Cue loads of posts about how Ryder tried to prop up the old regime.

Hope ryder comes good. I remember mick saying he can work with bratt lol.

People keep saying this, but if we get rid, we don't lose their wages from the budget. Other teams do better on less. Time for a massive re-build.

Trouble is, ship too many players and the side loses coherence - not in the Gary Roberts sense, but too many incomers not knowing Micky's playing style or tactics and it's then difficult to turn them into a team in the time he'd have in pre season.

Trouble is, ship too many players and the side loses coherence - not in the Gary Roberts sense, but too many incomers not knowing Micky's playing style or tactics and it's then difficult to turn them into a team in the time he'd have in pre season.

To be honest, the playing style isn't the most complicated. And Bury coped the other year as well. Id rather have a rebuild and go for it, than reaching the heady heights of Mid table league 2 again with them.

I have a feeling hes only in it to get his money back it wouldnt be the first time a businessman has spent a large sum in order to retrieve a smaller sum then sell club on.

I have read some rubbish on this site and this has to be the most pathetic statement that I have ever read from a very long list that has been my misfortune to read:yes:

You're stating that Mr Ryder is prepared to invest £1.4 million pound in Port Vale in order to recoup £100,000 he loaned to the club at the beginning of the year:laugh:

Perhaps you would like to state who are the other businessmen that have "spent a large sum in order to retrieve a smaller sum" This does not make logical business sense:rolleyes:

Pur............. lease try and treat us with some kind of inteligence on here. Based on your comment Robbie should have been the first in line with a bid because he lost more than anyone.:doh:

I'm still laughung:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Guest TommyMac
I don't think just because he's had talks with them means he has 'anything to do with' ex directors.

It speaks volumes that he didn't trust them enough to go into business with them in the first place. He figured out what failures they are.

Lloyd often said investors were put off by fan protests. It's possible that, FOR ONCE, he was telling the truth. If so, maybe it's the fans that KR didn't trust and he was hoping, in vain, that the protests would die a death.

I would honestly have been happier if our preferred bidder had NO association with MOLD whatsoever, no matter how tenuous.

I have read some rubbish on this site and this has to be the most pathetic statement that I have ever read from a very long list that has been my misfortune to read:yes:

You're stating that Mr Ryder is prepared to invest £1.4 million pound in Port Vale in order to recoup £100,000 he loaned to the club at the beginning of the year:laugh:

Perhaps you would like to state who are the other businessmen that have "spent a large sum in order to retrieve a smaller sum" This does not make logical business sense:rolleyes:

Pur............. lease try and treat us with some kind of inteligence on here. Based on your comment Robbie should have been the first in line with a bid because he lost more than anyone.:doh:

I'm still laughung:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

spot on well said.

Why will we have to keep them all if the budget is the same? They aren't playing for free, and we didn't have one of the lowest budgets in the league.

Read what I said Andy. I said if the budget was similiar to this seasons then Micky Adams would keep MANY of our present squad and not all of them.

P S Dont worry I'm sure he will try and hang on to your favourite Super Lou;)

I worry we have at least another couple of seasons of mid table until people notice he is not the messiah.
Iagree with your comments here Andy. Whilst MA can be a great motivator his track record on talent spotting is very poor. Love him or loath him Lee Sinnott brought in most of our squad including many of our better players. Griff, Collins being two examples. If Sinnott's signings were that bad would MA have resigned most of them?

Micky needs a Ray Williams scouting for him but there is more chance of 'Platting fog' than that happening!.

Read what I said Andy. I said if the budget was similiar to this seasons then Micky Adams would keep MANY of our present squad and not all of them.

I would keep Dodds. He has spent most of the season as a bit part player yet has chipped in with 8 goals playing predominately from midfield. At our current level there are not many players who will achieve that kind of record.

I would keep Dodds. He has spent most of the season as a bit part player yet has chipped in with 8 goals playing predominately from midfield. At our current level there are not many players who will achieve that kind of record.
I agree 100% Malc but Andy doesn't like our Louis. For my money he is one of our most talented players.

I think these players have been together now for the best part of 3 years and have shown that we are a bit short of talent and consistency, what Micky needs to do is take his blinkers off and bring in fresh faces of quality at this and league one level with the right ability, temperament and personality to take us on in a winning mentality.

We need players who are hungry for success to deliver consistent results week in week out and has he states in the sentinel he has compiled a dossier of such players the only thing missing now is the money to deliver, hopefully, of which we will hear about on wed

I totally agree and no of at least 20 fans who are waiting on his retained list before deciding on a season ticket. At the match against Dagenham a former player and agent went through the first 16 on the sheet that day, he kept 3 Griff, Dodds and Joe Davies, the others he said could go in his opinion and the top of his list of players he felt needed to go was Richards.

I totally agree and no of at least 20 fans who are waiting on his retained list before deciding on a season ticket. At the match against Dagenham a former player and agent went through the first 16 on the sheet that day, he kept 3 Griff, Dodds and Joe Davies, the others he said could go in his opinion and the top of his list of players he felt needed to go was Richards.

Can't believe he wouldn't keep Loft and Rico?

I read it right, and my point still stands. If the budget is the same, then it's a decent one for this league and not a excuse to keep many of them on.

I have said already that dodds has had a decent couple of months. Shame it's happened close to contract renewal. If he had been consistent over the last 4 years like this it would be an easy option. Useful as a squad player maybe as a utility midfielder but not to build a team around like many think.

Archived