onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Barnsley v Port Vale

Fosse69

4 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

To be fair, I don’t quite see why Benning was dropped, maybe aspects of his performance I don’t notice but he’s looked a threat, gets up and down well etc. I’d maybe also have Sammy ahead of Jones for that LWB slot though he does need to improve his judgement on when to take a man on and when to be a bit more boring / safe. Jones looks better in a back three than WB.

DC said after the game last night that Bennings been poor which is why he brought Dan Jones back into the starting eleven

Advert

19 hours ago, PVFC764 said:

He will change it around.  Put on more defensive midfielders in there and a couple more defenders on.  

Come on Vale.  

Or bring on all attacking players to try and get something out of the game(which we did),he knows what he is doing funny enough,yes some selections baffle us as fans BUT he is a manager not us and he doesn't do to badly at it tbf does he

Something I don't think I've heard before under DCs tenure is more than a few boos in the away end when Forrester and Hall were replaced but Jones stayed on.

I was very concious last night of not wanting to single him out and for him to be the next target now Hussey is gone, but he didn't cover himself in glory defensively. We got caught out down the left several times and the most glaring one was the goal, all the time in the world to place a cross. I think he twigged on to the atmosphere as he put in a few crunching challenges late on, he looked like he was pissed off.

1 hour ago, Valiant62 said:

To be fair, I don’t quite see why Benning was dropped, maybe aspects of his performance I don’t notice but he’s looked a threat, gets up and down well etc. I’d maybe also have Sammy ahead of Jones for that LWB slot though he does need to improve his judgement on when to take a man on and when to be a bit more boring / safe. Jones looks better in a back three than WB.

I was speaking to a Barnsley fan before the game last night & he said their biggest weakness is defending balls into the box. 

Proved to be the case as Harrison must have won 5 headers in their box 2nd half. Maybe Jones was selected to try to capitalise on that weakness & utilise the long throw.

1 minute ago, matmat said:

I was speaking to a Barnsley fan before the game last night & he said their biggest weakness is defending balls into the box. 

Proved to be the case as Harrison must have won 5 headers in their box 2nd half. Maybe Jones was selected to try to capitalise on that weakness & utilise the long throw.

Sadly though for me anyway that throw is getting worse. 

It offered zero threat, starts as a potential rocket and ends as a wet fart.  It's garbage. 

I can't remember us ever scoring from it. I think the goal last night came from the 2nd phase after a throw in didn't it? But don't think it was a long one.

I was a bit surprised to see Jones on the teamsheet, but I trust the management team. They know more about football than me, and they get to see the players in training everyday, and do plenty of research of the opposition to pick a team based around their strengths & weaknesses.

I would really like to see Massey & Wilson starting soon though, we offer so much more threat when they are on the pitch.

Archived