onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale: Stars angry after being touted for sale

vale2010

16th March, 13:44 #11

cheeky

Originally Posted by Tone

Do you mean that he should know that people lie through their teeth?

He will not be happy that his players are being sold behind his back.

No one has lied. The administrators said there would be no redundancies.

You can't make players redundant anyway. As for the staff, four went yesterday. The administrators are sending out mixed messages, that is what is confusing.

Advert

You can't make players redundant anyway. As for the staff, four went yesterday. The administrators are sending out mixed messages, that is what is confusing.

I disagree. It's clear what the administrators have to do, keep the club running until a buyer is found and the creditors satisfied. I can't find any record of them saying players would not be sold. Just the aforementioned "redundancy" comment.

I don't understand why people are getting on the administrators backs to be honest. They've been put in a position to do what they are doing, they have certain legal obligations on top of that. I think there is a lot of frustration out there, and many didn't truly realise what could and would happen when the club went into administration.

I am sorry that you have decided to turn this into a personal attack on me, Gary.

I just don't like what I see.

Personal attack, wtf.

As for not liking what you see, have a word with Deakin and Lloyd and all the others. It's just the harsh reality of administration. Are you seriously suggesting the administrators continue trading insolvently and in the same manner as the people who got us in this mess Tony?

The club is in a critical situation, I expected far far worse. So far we've got off lightly, thats not to say worse is to come in the coming months

I really do wonder what some people expect

I don't understand why people are getting on the administrators backs to be honest. They've been put in a position to do what they are doing, they have certain legal obligations on top of that. I think there is a lot of frustration out there, and many didn't truly realise what could and would happen when the club went into administration.

Same here, I'm amazed at some of the comments on here to be honest

As already stated,some people need to take a reality check.

We protested,

We attempted to starve them out,

We moaned till i thought we could moan no more,

We achieved what we intended,albeit with not quite the result we would have liked.

Yet the moaning and bickering goes on.

Buckle up folks the ride is not going to be an easy one,but then again when as been a Vale fan ever been easy ?

Paul.

As already stated,some people need to take a reality check.

We protested,

We attempted to starve them out,

We moaned till i thought we could moan no more,

We achieved what we intended,albeit with not quite the result we would have liked.

Yet the moaning and bickering goes on.

Buckle up folks the ride is not going to be an easy one,but then again when as been a Vale fan ever been easy ?

Paul.

During the 1950's seasons.:yes:

Same here, I'm amazed at some of the comments on here to be honest

From early on I said that the only way to escape the death grip the old board exercised on vale was administration.

For quite a while I have wanted administration to step in and end the slow death throws of my club.

I know its not a pleasant experience, its not easy and it certainly isnt enjoyable..... but we are finally free to possibly move forward, the old regime denied that possibility from every angle and at every opportunity.

The club is not dead its in the throws of rebirth.

Some things may happen that some fans would never agree to if given a choice but at the end of the day they dont have that choice.

The administrator is not working for or against the fans he is trying to save the business which is Port Vale.... thank god for that.

I can accept staff at all levels leaving if Port Vale is lean, mean and viable when new owners take over.

I dont favour Mos bid over others for two simple reasons.....

1] I dont know what that bid is.

2] I fully support the best bid for PORT VALE the business... if that bid is Mos fine.... if its from someone else... fine.

Administration, although not pleasant, is an opportunity to move forward, lets embrace the possibility of that change.

Some people must be suffering vertigo up there on their high horses. ;-)

I have no illusions about the parlous state of our club.

But when the administrator makes statements to the effect that everything should be okay until the end of the season and that there needs to be no more redundancies, you get the feeling that he has the situation under control and we should not expect the worst.

None of us wants the squad to be broken up, surely? We may not have a team of wold beaters, but to use a Rudgism, we have a platform to build on. Any incoming owner will want to be able to hit the ground running and to have a manager AND a squad that is capable of getting us out of this league next season at least.

I am just hoping that we start to hear the truth for once, rather than for the administrator to spin his statements.

And, by the sound of things, nobody has researched Gerald Krasner then?

I didn't expect any different tbh and it is expected,being totally honest i think this might be the only way we can rebuild the team when new owners take over.Although i do hope the players we are left with are able to pick up those 2 wins we need:yes:

Out of all the players i really hope admin try to keep Loft and Richards.

I've read this with mounting anxiety. We're not safe from relegation and the administrators are trying to flog off our best players? Are they mad? I know they have to save the club but if they're not careful they'll be selling a club bound for the Conference and we'll have to live with the consequences while they walk away, job done or not job done. This is totally counterproductive. No viable League club could equal no sale, and no sale equals liquidation. Would you buy a club bound for the Conference? This is a high risk strategy.

Some people must be suffering vertigo up there on their high horses. ;-)

I have no illusions about the parlous state of our club.

But when the administrator makes statements to the effect that everything should be okay until the end of the season and that there needs to be no more redundancies, you get the feeling that he has the situation under control and we should not expect the worst.

None of us wants the squad to be broken up, surely? We may not have a team of wold beaters, but to use a Rudgism, we have a platform to build on. Any incoming owner will want to be able to hit the ground running and to have a manager AND a squad that is capable of getting us out of this league next season at least.

I am just hoping that we start to hear the truth for once, rather than for the administrator to spin his statements.

And, by the sound of things, nobody has researched Gerald Krasner then?

To be fair Tone,we need to dump a fair few imo,we have had more or less the same squad for the last few seasons and even without admin i am not sure we would have made the play offs,so we would still be achieving nothing with this set of players.

To be fair Tone,we need to dump a fair few imo,we have had more or less the same squad for the last few seasons and even without admin i am not sure we would have made the play offs,so we would still be achieving nothing with this set of players.

You may be right but should MA be the best judge of that, rather than for an agent to be touting them all around? By definition, if we put them all up for offers the best ones will go.

You may be right but should MA be the best judge of that, rather than for an agent to be touting them all around? By definition, if we put them all up for offers the best ones will go.

It should be left to MA normally but i do think the circumstances are now different and maybe we dont know all the problems financially behind the scenes and they might be worse than is let,so these measures might have to be taken.

I certainly agree that sadly it will of course be the best players that go.

Don't know about anyone else - feeling very worried about where we are at the moment. I know that admin is tough, but we really could be looking at being a conference club if things really go pear shaped this season. Wonder how many fans will stick with us if that happens ? Methinks not many. I wonder how many of us are enjoying the ride - I for one am not !

Archived