onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

vale stars for sale

pvfc ash

Selling the better players doesn't encourage better bids for the club.

It makes the job of any investor harder to attract a larger attendance and put the club onto a profit making business.

The new investor would have to get rid of the 'rubbish' that is left and start to rebuild using the money that could be used to improve ground facilities etc.

The better players are needed to ensure L2 status for next season. Without them Mickey would be struggling to put out a winning team.

Advert

I'm surprised people thought this couldn't / wouldn't happen.

You only have to look at what Krasner did at Bournemouth and Leeds!! Vale fans do need to start doing their research.

Sadly we needed admin and now we are paying the consequences that come along with it.

You don't seem to get what some of us are upset about.Let me repeat BY said only a couple of days ago 'that there was no need to move on any of the Managerial staff or the players as non were on excess salaries'. Now we are finding out that they are trying to offload as many as they can. This is not only upsetting fans but the players themselves. The morale must be at 'rock bottom' just now.

Maybe this is just part of assessing the value of the clubs assets so a bidder knows about more than revenue, bricks and mortar etc

They have engaged an SME to do the valuations rather than do it themsleves; which makes perfect sense to me. I certainly don't see it as players being touted around.

Get an effin sentinel Johnny:ohmy:

Selling the better players doesn't encourage better bids for the club.

It makes the job of any investor harder to attract a larger attendance and put the club onto a profit making business.

The new investor would have to get rid of the 'rubbish' that is left and start to rebuild using the money that could be used to improve ground facilities etc.

The better players are needed to ensure L2 status for next season. Without them Mickey would be struggling to put out a winning team.

Some sanity at last:yes:

I think people need to realise that the administrators aren't here to pander to the worries or views of fans and staff alike. They are here to balance the books and hopefully prevent this football club going into liquidation!

I'll repeat again, no-one ever said this process was going to be an easy and forgone conclusion where the end result would simply be a new owner with reduced debt!

The club needs income from higher gate attendances.

The gates will dramatically decrease if/when Collins, Loft, Richards, Griff, go to other clubs.

This won't help the administrator to accumulate much needed cash to help to pay of some debts.

No use fans donating their hard earned cash to help out if Bob Young impairs the squad.

Any player that leaves now was likely to leave in the summer when his contract was up anyway. Points aren't really needed if we exit admin in the right way and Adams was always going to have to re-build next year if we didn't go up imo.

It seems to me that selling anyone not staying next year while we can, clearing some of the debits and letting a new owner start with as clean a slate as possible is a good thing.

Though it is a shame to see anyone with real quality leave, how many of those in our squad are really irreplaceable in truth?

Touting players to get revenue/slash costs at the club would be more palatable if the administrators were also putting as much effort in to retrieving the money for the nil paid shares. £350k is roughly half the amount of the cost of administration.

Touting players to get revenue/slash costs at the club would be more palatable if the administrators were also putting as much effort in to retrieving the money for the nil paid shares. £350k is roughly half the amount of the cost of administration.

The club is owed 500k in "nil paid" shares which is more than the whole squad is worth......yet the administrator wants to play football manager

Perhaps the Administrator is giving out to much information to quick, very different than what we were used to with MOLD, the difficulty with this is no room for wriggle.

This should come as no surprise, we need to cut our cloth accordingly, the only surprise to me was the administrators saying straight away, no coaches will be leaving, as a consequence that only leaves players.

Not sure anyone other than the administrators know what they are working on, so if this is based on fact I'd be as miffed as you...

In fact we are all too prone to reacting on hearsay and conjecture, i'd prefer we comment on what we know not what we think we know, or what some bloke in the pub told us, or what we decide to read between the lines....

Archived