onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

vale stars for sale

pvfc ash

Cheeky.....didn't the council put the money up for adminitration costs and to run the club till the end of the season....has the administrator asked Deakin for the 100k owed to the club if not why not....the value of Deakins house is of more significance than the value of most of these players.

Anyway the whole squad is out of contract apart from three players

and they are...non-league Yates...part-time player and amateur coach Owen plus sicknote Burge.....no contract offers were made

to any players.

Read somewhere that the administrator wants valuations of players and news of offers and interest but would also discuss with each of the possible new owners who they might want to keep....did sound

a bit "football manager-ish".

Sorry in advance if any future posts are predictable........if any obviously ridiculous sub-standard posts miss the complete point in it's exclusive proximity to the truth universal.

I thought the council were underwriting the difference up to that amount as obviously any income generated brings that amount down. Naturally if there are any assets to be sold to bring that amount down then it's the administrators duty to do that. Testing the water to see if there's any interest is just him doing his job properly.

Advert

Lets get the club in new hands before these back pedalling wasters get rid of our entire squad.

I am now understanding why MA is so tiddled off. It would appear that the Administrators are like the old board ie you cant believe a word that dribbles out of their mealy mouths.

They are just asset strippers.

It's called being broke. He who pays the piper calls the tune and we haven't been paying pipers or anyone else for that matter.

The administrators have NOT contradicted themselves

They have said there is no need for players to be sold, however, they also said that the club is a football club, 20 players are out of contract, they are not in a position to offer new contracts to players, that would be down to the new owner - if one is found and that common sense dictates if there is interest from other clubs then it would be foolish for the club to ignore offers on players (whether in admin or not), given the inability to offer new contracts, players contracts expiring etc etc. Judgements had to be made and Adams agreed saying we don't stop being a football club because we're in admin and that includes players coming and going (actually just going because we have a transfer embargo stopping new players coming in)

The administrators have come in because the club was trading involvently which is illegal

They can not continue to trade insolvently, their job is to make cuts, turn the club around and make it saleable whilst also recuperating as much as possible for creditors

I have no problem with the job Young and Krasner are doing, they are trying to save our club. What use is it keeping everyone, keeping the high running costs, being unable to find a buyer, being unable to satisfy the creditors with a CVA and being kicked out of the league or liquidated but at least in the knowledge we kept the team together?

Cheeky.....didn't the council put the money up for adminitration costs and to run the club till the end of the season....has the administrator asked Deakin for the 100k owed to the club if not why not....the value of Deakins house is of more significance than the value of most of these players.

Anyway the whole squad is out of contract apart from three players

and they are...non-league Yates...part-time player and amateur coach Owen plus sicknote Burge.....no contract offers were made

to any players.

Read somewhere that the administrator wants valuations of players and news of offers and interest but would also discuss with each of the possible new owners who they might want to keep....did sound

a bit "football manager-ish".

Sorry in advance if any future posts are predictable........if any obviously ridiculous sub-standard posts miss the complete point in it's exclusive proximity to the truth universal.

The Council agreed to underwrite running costs to the sum of £500k - £600k, however, the less that is used the better as it will not have to be paid back.

Your second point, well this is where you're presuming again. We don't know if he's asked Deakin for the money. We don't know what steps have been put in place to attempt to recover the money, but either way, it will be a long drawn out process which will follow legal protocol with the possibility that nothing will be recovered in any event, and at what cost? The administrator, as I've said before, will be more concerned with cash flow and the here and now, rather than what may or may not be obtained later down the line.

What would you prefer, the administrator went after Deakin, ignored everything else and after a year of legal procedure, nothing is recovered. In the meantime, he failed to generate cash flow and keep the club trading whilst in administration and the club was liquidated.

Of course the administrator wants valuations of the players and news of any offers. The players are an asset and will form part of any valuation of the company as a whole. Their value is wholly dependant on the market and what someone will pay for them. If cash flow is needed, and there is definite interest in player, of course they are going to consider whether selling the player now, rather than losing for free in the summer is economic. He's not acting like a football manager, he's acting like an insolvency practitioner.

As cheeky says, the admins job is to get a grip of the club, find a buyer and agree a CVA

Once that is done they can look into other things but right now there are far more important things to do than settle scores with those who created this mess

I also believe they will place a call on the nil paid shares and they will look deeper in taking those to task, just not right now.

As cheeky says, the admins job is to get a grip of the club, find a buyer and agree a CVA

Once that is done they can look into other things but right now there are far more important things to do than settle scores with those who created this mess

I also believe they will place a call on the nil paid shares and they will look deeper in taking those to task, just not right now.

Exactly, the immediate priority should be to keep the club trading. I'd rather lose one or two "star" players than go out of existence completely.

Exactly, the immediate priority should be to keep the club trading. I'd rather lose one or two "star" players than go out of existence completely.

Yes thats understandable but the administrators should not make statements that players need not be taken off the wage bill if thats not the case.

I'll also add that a lot of people are looking at this news from a "fan" perspective. How long have some (me included) been saying that a fan run club does not work, and oh for a proper business man in charge. Now the club is being run like a business (for it's very survival) people don't like.

Is it only me that sees the irony?

We can't have our cake and eat it.

Yes thats understandable but the administrators should not make statements that players need not be taken off the wage bill if thats not the case.

Th administrators said there would be no redundancies from the playing staff. As far as I am aware, this is still the case.

Th administrators said there would be no redundancies from the playing staff. As far as I am aware, this is still the case.

Exactly. People are moaning about this yet are not patting the administrator on the back for not making Shuker redundant a player we have on non contract terms. I guess you can't please all the people all of the time. :rolleyes:

Exactly. People are moaning about this yet are not patting the administrator on the back for not making Shuker redundant a player we have on non contract terms. I guess you can't please all the people all of the time. :rolleyes:

Probably because he will be on a lot less than the ones they are trying to get off the payroll.

If only we were safe from relegation already. !!!!!

Any money for our players now would be good value.

Very few would be a cert for next season, whoever the owner is.

We have not been good enough for 4 years with these players.

The problem is we need some more points. !!!!

Morale must be poor in the playing squad.

The fact that they have no contract after this season is a big influence in this too.

3 points Sat and 3 points Tue then they can all go.

Assuming anyone else wants them ?

We MUST have a big clearout and start again.

M.Adams to stay. ?

Hopefully it will be his choice but he needs to hang on in there and be seen to be ' getting the best out of the players '

At the moment he seems to be the cause of a lot of the low morale.

Come on Mick. Do your job for us all.

We are doing ours for you dont forget.

Archived