onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale 1, Barnet 2: post match comments

Aussie Rules

1st game back today, pretty poor, tommo was terrible for the 1st and i don't know where everyone was for the 2nd. Plenty of opportunities to get the ball wide for shuker but they didn't bother, taking too much time with the ball, it needs to be quicker.

Not bad in spells but definitely poor overall, having said that looking forward to the 20th.

Advert

terrible performance..some horrible indiviual performances..griff,tommo,rigg notably..there was just no determination there for me 2day..they seemed to really want it tuesday night,that just wasnt there 2day..feel really down after that result..but on the back of a really decent run can't be to harsh on the players..

I don't care what's gone on before. I am very angry with them today.

Me too i'm really cheesed off today after watching that ****. I wont be putting any of my money in them buckets after that. I paid a fiver for a mug as well. I cannot get a decent job, am unemployed would they pay me some money. I ****ing doubt it! most of them only care when their next pay packet comes they dona give a **** about Vale.

Were they suffering from MA having a strop on ?

The last thing we need right now is a dispute between Micky and the club. A demotivated and resentful manager would be disastrous at this stage as the negativity would quickly spread to the players. Let's hope this gets resolved soon or we could be dicing with death - or worse, like a prolonged spell in the Conference. It doesn't sound good.

An awful game. Should have put our fifty quid into the buckets and gone straight home. Manager's post match interview is very worrying.

Feel sorry for the players. Those supporters who wished for Administration will perhaps understand the full ramifications in the next few weeks. I didn't want it to come to this.

Embarrassing result, but didn't deserve to lose.

First half was very flat, Barnet's 5-4-1 formation and subsequent time wasting restricted us to very little, but Rigg should've scored with his chance instead of kicking the turf and scuffing his shot.

Another Tommo mistake for their goal, he's a bit of a Gomes... Goes from brilliant to a clown. I like him, but his rushes of blood to the head have been quite costly this season.

The winner was never a free kick, how can the ball shoot off like it did if Griff took the man?! Surely the ball would still be in the vicinity if Griff had missed it?! An absolute joke of a decision lacking the very basic common sense.

No doubt Lawrie Sanchez will come out and claim "they deserved it" and that Barnet were "magnificent" i imagine.

Embarrassing result, but didn't deserve to lose.

First half was very flat, Barnet's 5-4-1 formation and subsequent time wasting restricted us to very little, but Rigg should've scored with his chance instead of kicking the turf and scuffing his shot.

Another Tommo mistake for their goal, he's a bit of a Gomes... Goes from brilliant to a clown. I like him, but his rushes of blood to the head have been quite costly this season.

The winner was never a free kick, how can the ball shoot off like it did if Griff took the man?! Surely the ball would still be in the vicinity if Griff had missed it?! An absolute joke of a decision lacking the very basic common sense.

No doubt Lawrie Sanchez will come out and claim "they deserved it" and that Barnet were "magnificent" i imagine.

Barnet = Dominant especially after missing three sitters in the first half according to Sanchez lol

The lads tried hard enough today. But lets face it, they've never been fast enough or skilful enough to be good enough. Not even good enough to beat a poor team like Barnet.

Two or three are worth keeping for next season if we can hold on to them.

I thought the players tried hard today and with a little bit more luck could have won 1-0. It was a scrappy game and we have to give credit to their manager for him coming up with tactics to cope with us.

I thought Rigg tried too hard and gave the ball away too often and we didn't get Shuker far enough forward often enough. Thommo made a mistake on the cross, but I felt he was coming for more bravely because McDonald was not in the starting line up. From a hundred yards way I thought Griff's tackle was a good one and the ref got that free kick wrong.

We lost and I am disappointed, but it was not that bad a performance. Richards has obviously been watching Messi, because his goal was typical Messi, early hard low strike before the goalie is set.

The performance was awful today but what worries me more than that was the attendance. If 5 an half thousand is all we can get in our hour of need then maybe we are just little port vale, i was hoping for closer to 7000 today, i fear some fans have been lost for good

Archived