onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

17 minutes ago, EricHamesis said:

I do get your point. You're giving up on taking anything at all from over half the season's games (24) before we've even kicked a ball. If we're not competing with and taking points from the likes of Sheffield Wednesday then we really are in trouble. I don't expect us to top the league and trounce all the so called big clubs, but I expect us to compete.

Again my point hasn’t been seen correctly so I need to remove myself from debate as it’s not what I mean and I’m having words but I’m my mouth for me 🤦‍♂️

Advert

1 minute ago, valeitup said:
4 minutes ago, Ben Stevens said:
The teams I’ve stated will more than likely be in the bottom half that’s why I’m saying we’re competing with them, I also said as well that we may lose to them and also beat some of the bigger sides. We have about 10 clubs with massive wage budgets so we’re never competing with them as a top ten side which in turn means we are competing with the lower end of the scale.
I’m not saying we don’t turn up and try to win every game we play but we also have to be realistic in our approach. Beating teams like Fleetwood next week in my book is very much needed to get us near to 50 points and staying in this division.
Some sides that struggled last season have spent money and done business in the transfer window, in turn bigger squads with more options to choose from if times get hard. If we play the Russian Roulette game like we have so far in the transfer window then this worry’s me.
Just don’t want see Vale in the Sh!te league two again or do what Northampton did and go straight back down. Don’t think I’m asking for much when I want the best for our club.
But I’m not allowed to question the process as a supporter who goes on a regular basis only missing one game in all competitions home and away last season. Not saying I’m better than anyone else or do I know anything more than others, but Jesus Christ 7 days away from the beginning of a season with 17 players on the books and currently 89th out of 92 league sides at summer business makes me worried emoji45.png 

Ben, you're allowed to question things. People are also allowed to argue you're going way over the top prematurely.

All I can say now is time will tell come May next year…..

End Of debate from Benny Boy 

43 minutes ago, Ben Stevens said:

Some fans really think that players are going come running through the door on £2,000 a week less than they want and do an honest job ? We’re after better players in a higher league so this is what comes with the territory, and what happens if we sign someone decent on less money does that give him more insensitive to play better ? Or does he go somewhere else for what he wants and play good every week because he knows his money is there every month ?

Im self employed myself on £200 a day but would I hell go somewhere on £160/£170 a day with bonuses to get me back to £200 ? That’s crazy to think otherwise 

hence why you want it handed on a plate for no risk/ no incentive. Why don’t you work a bit harder/ longer and earn £300 a day. Who said dinasaurs were extinct.

I was just trying to make the point that it isn't only unprofessional, lowly, poverty-stricken and hapless Port Vale that haven't brought any/,many new players in!
I am fairly relaxed, it can take more than one season to change a squad around. Most players in a promotion team should be able to complete in the league above, and with a few additions avoid relegation. Further improvements in the next season.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

Having most of the transfer business done and Vale staring the new season on Saturday with new players bedded in is the ideal, but it is what it is for whatever reason.

However, 6 league games (ca 13%) will have been played by the close of the transfer window so Vale will be integrating any new signings in to the team on the fly and every game does count, especially for a club about to enter a higher league.

It goes without saying that starting the season off well is much better than the alternative but there's no guarantee with or without new players and just look what happened under Ribeiro. Fingers crossed that Vale have amassed points and are at least mid table by beginning of September.

55 minutes ago, Ben Stevens said:

Your not getting my point there fella. We won’t be competing with the top end like Sheffield Wednesday with a squad of only 17 players which has had big injury problems last season. What I’m trying to get over to people is them sides are the ones we are competing with to stay in league one. 

So you really think we are going to have 17 players?

In theory though we should be competing with those other teams you mentioned,we need to consolidate this season(that will do) anything more than that would be a massive bonus..not saying we will be because next season we wont BUT teams with small budgets have been promoted before you know and those with large budgets have stagnated and done nowt,i know which i would sooner be

57 minutes ago, LancyTony said:

Also - hasn't RZ said this close season he's not going to comment on the manager anymore? Don't believe a word, and I really wish people would stop quoting him!

He said the same last season and said lets wait and see what happens at the end of the season..... well we got promoted and to be fair he was true to his word and didn't comment 🙂 

55 minutes ago, Ben Stevens said:

Some fans really think that players are going come running through the door on £2,000 a week less than they want and do an honest job ? We’re after better players in a higher league so this is what comes with the territory, and what happens if we sign someone decent on less money does that give him more insensitive to play better ? Or does he go somewhere else for what he wants and play good every week because he knows his money is there every month ?

Im self employed myself on £200 a day but would I hell go somewhere on £160/£170 a day with bonuses to get me back to £200 ? That’s crazy to think otherwise 

Players joined last summer(a few moaned when certain ones came) they all came in on the incentive based scheme and lets be honest that went quite well.

So would you want us to spend 6 or 7k a week on a few players?? serious question is that what you want,to risk the clubs future and to cause friction in the ranks?

3 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Anyway back on track,do we expect a Sunday signing? or will we be waiting until next week now

At this point it wouldn't surprise me if we had deals all sorted but just left it right up to the last possible moment on Friday to announce them officially to keep Fleetwood guessing.

Anyway back on track,do we expect a Sunday signing? or will we be waiting until next week now

I’d assume the kit launch would be a stand alone thing for the club, so not expecting a Sunday signing (could be wrong here but can’t ever remember a Sunday signing at Vale???).

I’d like to think we’ll see 2-3 fresh faces before Fleetwood

Archived