onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

When the dust settles.....

RailwayRowdy

Advert

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

I don’t but we’ve had MERS, SARS and Covid which have progressively got worse. Viruses have to get stronger to survive. It is inevitable we will have another pandemic one day, it may or may not be in our lifetime but Covid will not be the most lethal pandemic.

Strangely COVID 19 is less lethal than SARS and MERS, but probably more contagious.  This would explain its global impact.

I remember in the early 2000's everyone was very worried about Avian flu.  That virus has a high death rate, but, it is relatively difficult to pass from person to person.  I guess that the worst case scenario would be something with a relatively high death rate that is easily passed from person to person, like COVID-19.

If such a thing does happen I'm sure that, post covid-19, the lockdowns will come pretty hard and fast. 

The areas impacted by SARS & MERS seemed to be better prepared for COVID-19.

image.png.e5616d0cd3c3c39017fd01650858a542.png

True, MERS was lethal but not too contagious, was it Camels that passed it on? Think it was mainly around the Middle East. Covid has killed more because so many have caught it.

Is it true that the vaccine has been rolled out very slowly in Canada?

1 hour ago, philpvfc said:

True, MERS was lethal but not too contagious, was it Camels that passed it on? Think it was mainly around the Middle East. Covid has killed more because so many have caught it.

Is it true that the vaccine has been rolled out very slowly in Canada?

Not sure how MERS was passed on but MERS is Middle East Respiratory Syndrome, so Middle East is right.

Things are slower out here than in the UK that's for sure.  I suspect that the US is a massive drain on Vaccine capacity in this part of the world.  Currently we are at the over 60's.  In Quebec the plan is for all adults to have their 1st shot by June 24th.  Not sure how we are tracking against that target though.  

The US is doing 3.5 million vaccines a day now. I got the first Pfizer 3 weeks ago , and I will get the second on Sunday. The Moderna vaccine is causing more side effects  , particularly in younger adults. 
They usually pass after 1 or 2 days. Pfizer doesn’t seem to have that many side effects, as far as I know. 

6 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

The US is doing 3.5 million vaccines a day now. I got the first Pfizer 3 weeks ago , and I will get the second on Sunday. The Moderna vaccine is causing more side effects  , particularly in younger adults. 
They usually pass after 1 or 2 days. Pfizer doesn’t seem to have that many side effects, as far as I know. 

I had the astra zeneca and it put me in bed.

7 hours ago, WV said:

I had the astra zeneca and it put me in bed.

Had it a few weeks ago, felt rough for about 12 hours and had a rash on my legs for some reason which has just about gone now, didn’t itch and why on my legs I don’t know.

14 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

I had my 2nd shot of the Moderna vaccine 2 weeks ago, just had a sore arm at the injection site for a day or so and felt a tad tired for a day or so otherwise fine.

In Massachusetts the 2nd vaccination is done within ca 4 weeks of the first.

Archived