onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Cambridge United v Port Vale

Fosse69

1 minute ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

40 goals is all we have.

We dont have a midfield TWO. Not sure about 352 but i do know we have to have two strikers up front.

We have a much better balanced squad but tney are not the right players to achieve a team for the play offs

Is the squad better though? We keep saying it’s better but I’m not seeing anything to convince me. 

At the back were basically the same with a couple of average players added. 

Midfield we are definitely weaker. Not having Taylor is massive, so much better than our fit midfielders. His replacement whitehead is absalute garbage. 

Wingers. Not sure we’re stronger. Browne was looking decent in pre season and had some good spells last season. Certainly has pace we drastically need. McKirdy not really done too much (not played much) but not overly impressed so far. 

Forwards - stronger although I still don’t see any striker we have making 15 league goals. Not with the service we have. 

Personally I think the squad is pretty similar. Players released have been replaced with largely average players. And we lost our best midfielder and replaced him with a competition winner. Can’t see any midfielder we have getting to double figures. The way things are going we will need clean sheets and more impressive showings from brown to get wins 

Advert

4 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Maybe Worral in there with Joyce and Conlon whilst manny is injured? Maybe in a number 10 roll just behind the forwards. One thing is for certain though he drastically needs to improve 

Defo I would do this once we can get Amoo and McKirdy back.

The problem we have with the midfield (without Manny) is we don't have one player in the middle who can dribble past a player and Wozza in the 10 role would give us that. I would also be very tempted to try McKirdy in that position too. Would be a nice option to be able to rotate those two during a game.

I've watched tonight and then sat back and taken a breath but I could have put my mortgage on what some of the comments on here would be. Perhaps I've got rose tinted specs but I never expected us to waltz this league or win every game or even boss every game.....I actually thought we played well tonight...tin hat on! How he's given a penalty against Conlon I'm not 100% sure but we've clawed our way back in and played some nice football. We equalise with that penalty and, for me, are bossing the game. They score a very good goal to go 2-1 up but we then play better than them and have them worried. Chasing the game we get done with that late goal.....Askey out, we are crap....get a sense of perspective on it for Christ's sake.

We were as good, if not better than them, but got beat....it happens. It is a long old season and I hated the stuff on here pre-season about how we'll walk it, play off yada yada.....You have to win games of football and we've lost tonight....I don't think we're a million miles off but Jeezus, Vale fans...........get real!

And before you mention the little old Vale complex and he's happy with anything, I'm as frustrated and pi££ed off as everybody else.

I’m not excusing us playing poorly. I’m just saying take a step back and look at the overall picture and give Askey a chance to sort it. And if you took 5 match day squad players out of any league 2 team they’d struggle. Gibbons for me would be RB and I’d play Clarke LB. Oyeleke would clearly start if fit. As would Amoo. McKirdy would be a good option to challenge the others and scored goals last year. Mills would provide competition. So yes we have suffered by losing these players. 

I don’t want us to become one of those teams who sacks their managers after a poor run. Look at the small well run teams who have achieved success recently like Wycombe. They have longevity keeping the same manager. Askey did a great job last season. Sacking him after a poor run would be ludicrous. Remember when he first joined? Didn’t win for 5 games. Then he turned it around and kept us up. Give the man a chance and back the team, we’re mid table it’s not like we’re bottom.

And this Worrall hate is a joke. People saying he can’t play on the wing now.

He won player of the pigging season there last year what are you on about.

Yes he’s not playing great but neither are half the squad. We hardly have a queue of wingers waiting to come in, two are out injured. He’s still trying his best so it’s not an attitude issue, get off his back. Doesn’t help him to play better does it. He’ll come good.

5 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

I've watched tonight and then sat back and taken a breath but I could have put my mortgage on what some of the comments on here would be. Perhaps I've got rose tinted specs but I never expected us to waltz this league or win every game or even boss every game.....I actually thought we played well tonight...tin hat on! How he's given a penalty against Conlon I'm not 100% sure but we've clawed our way back in and played some nice football. We equalise with that penalty and, for me, are bossing the game. They score a very good goal to go 2-1 up but we then play better than them and have them worried. Chasing the game we get done with that late goal.....Askey out, we are crap....get a sense of perspective on it for Christ's sake.

We were as good, if not better than them, but got beat....it happens. It is a long old season and I hated the stuff on here pre-season about how we'll walk it, play off yada yada.....You have to win games of football and we've lost tonight....I don't think we're a million miles off but Jeezus, Vale fans...........get real!

And before you mention the little old Vale complex and he's happy with anything, I'm as frustrated and pi££ed off as everybody else.

I'll come back to your post in 5 or 6 games time when absolutely nothing has changed, we aren't scoring enough goals still, and Askey is still giving the impression he has no idea what our best 11 is and is making changes in games far too late to allow players to actually impact them properly.

And absolutely nobody expected us to piss the league, win every game or boss every game. You've just completely made that up to suit your own argument. 

3 minutes ago, Powerline said:

Yes he’s not playing great but neither are half the squad. We hardly have a queue of wingers waiting to come in, two are out injured. He’s still trying his best so it’s not an attitude issue, get off his back. Doesn’t help him to play better does it. He’ll come good.

It’s a forum where people discuss players. If he hadn’t been crap every single minute of the season so far people wouldn’t be on his back. He is one of our key players (based on last season) he has to be far far better than what he’s showed so far. 

As earlier. I’d play him being a striker in the number 10 roll instead of playing whitehead. Hurst has looked decent wouldn’t mind him having a chance out wide

4 minutes ago, Powerline said:

👏🏻👏🏻

3 minutes ago, Powerline said:

He's not playing great? Jesus. He's been absolutely woeful for a player that's shown he's capable of showing so much more. I remember commenting that he's not playing well after the Exeter win, despite the three points, and some replies were to give him a few more games and he'll show his class. Well a few more games later and he's just as <ovf censored> now and he was in the first two games.

2 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

It’s a forum where people discuss players. If he hadn’t been crap every single minute of the season so far people wouldn’t be on his back. He is one of our key players (based on last season) he has to be far far better than what he’s showed so far. 

As earlier. I’d play him being a striker in the number 10 roll instead of playing whitehead. Hurst has looked decent wouldn’t mind him having a chance out wide

And that’s fair enough but some people are being ridiculous imo. He’s not been crap every minute. He’s been bang average. People are just blinkered because of how good he was last season. 

Who would you play on the wing instead? I’d agree about Hurst but I think he’d have to come on as a sub first rather than throwing him in a league game in the deep end. Rodney and Montano have been equally as bad lately and our other two wingers are out injured. Otherwise I’d agree benching Worrall for a bit. I just think the hate is over the top and not at all helpful to anyone.

2 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

We need to look at all games so far, our own views on the players we have and their performances. It doesnt scream out to me that we are play offs. We struggle to create and score goals in most games so far. Tonight at half time yes we got through their ten minute  spell after the goal, yhey could have had a second but we then held them and looked as good. Equalised and all ok at half time.

Second half was poor. Not enough will to win. Poor quality in final third. The usual mistake that is punished and poor decision from the bench to try and get a point. Askey out is stupid but hes got a job to do now and must earn his money.

Do i have confidence we can turn it around at Oldham. For me no. I know we will win games this season and play some good games. Will we do it enough for the play offs. For me no.

3 minutes ago, TylerB said:

He's not playing great? Jesus. He's been absolutely woeful for a player that's shown he's capable of showing so much more. I remember commenting that he's not playing well after the Exeter win, despite the three points, and some replies were to give him a few more games and he'll show his class. Well a few more games later and he's just as <ovf censored> now and he was in the first two games.

If you think that you’re entitled to do so. I personally think he’s been average, I’ve seen enough woeful players over the last few seasons to know one when I see one. 

He got an assist on Saturday. Or didn’t you notice?

4 minutes ago, Powerline said:

And that’s fair enough but some people are being ridiculous imo. He’s not been crap every minute. He’s been bang average. People are just blinkered because of how good he was last season. 

Who would you play on the wing instead? I’d agree about Hurst but I think he’d have to come on as a sub first rather than throwing him in a league game in the deep end. Rodney and Montano have been equally as bad lately and our other two wingers are out injured. Otherwise I’d agree benching Worrall for a bit. I just think the hate is over the top and not at all helpful to anyone.

That is the challenge with amoo and mckirdy being injured. I don’t like Monty on the wing either, personally like him at left back think he gives us a real attacking threat there but with injuries I suppose he needs to play out wide. I would give hurst ago (agree probably better from the bench) but we’re creating nothing and he looked half decent in the cup games. 

Id probably go 

brown 

Clarke. Legge. Smith. Monty. 

Joyce. Conlon. 

Hurst. Worrall. Rodney. 

Cullen / Robinson 

Im just going to put this out there we need to get john askey out of our club we are going nowhere under him he is one dimensional players look clueless teams have found us out and he has no answers he is so set in his ways and stubborn to change anything even when it is crying out for it. Players shouldnt get into the team through reputation they should by form and if that was the case worrall would be nowhere near the starting 11 has been <ovf censored> diabolical and im sick to death of it as it whitehead. We are not going to go anywhere near the play offs under him so if the club has any ambition get rid of him before too much damage is done. Even if we change manager and it foesnt go well we have no chance of going down with the looks of the teams down the bottom so why not take the risk. He is the least inspirational manager ive ever seen do you think hes getting the players pumped up before games the answer is in our performances. Askey <ovf censored> out now before its too late. We have a squad who is capable of pushing play offs but a manager who is not.

i dont mind eating my own words i thought robinson was our best player tonight especially first half looked lively hold up play was really good aswell

3 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Im just going to put this out there we need to get john askey out of our club we are going nowhere under him he is one dimensional players look clueless teams have found us out and he has no answers he is so set in his ways and stubborn to change anything even when it is crying out for it. Players shouldnt get into the team through reputation they should by form and if that was the case worrall would be nowhere near the starting 11 has been <ovf censored> diabolical and im sick to death of it as it whitehead. We are not going to go anywhere near the play offs under him so if the club has any ambition get rid of him before too much damage is done. Even if we change manager and it foesnt go well we have no chance of going down with the looks of the teams down the bottom so why not take the risk. He is the least inspirational manager ive ever seen do you think hes getting the players pumped up before games the answer is in our performances. Askey <ovf censored> out now before its too late. We have a squad who is capable of pushing play offs but a manager who is not.

i dont mind eating my own words i thought robinson was our best player tonight especially first half looked lively hold up play was really good aswell

I’ve never read such tosh. Glad you’re not the one in charge.

Archived