Advert

Advert

Mickey Adams, consistent failure?

SuperValiant1876

Mickey Adams, success or failure  

301 members have voted

1. 1. Mickey Adams, success or failure

• Success
    • Content with his efforts in very hard circumstances, hope to see more when this mess is cleared up
    • Consistent Failure

Advert

He was okay before he left to go to Sheffield Utd but since he's come back he's been abysmal. His signings this season have been particularly poor but he seems to get the best out of the shower that we have.

He's not consistent he was okay for a while but this season pretty poor IMHO probably the weight if his salary creating problems for him.

err, I think hes done well for the resources available to him, he really has worked on the reminents of a shoe string. If we were to ever get decent people at the top and Micky was given much more significant resources I'm sure he could make us one of the best sides in the bottom 2 tiers.

Just wanted to gauge peoples opinions on Mickey

Would you say he has been a consistent failure?

lost respect when he abandoned the players and fans.

he isnt the same man after failing at Sheff Utd.

He is just an average lg2 manager he is capable of getting us promoted but not with current board.....

just think he hasnt quite got the ability to get the players focused enough on the pitch plus the players dont seem to have the confidence they had when he was first here.

if we did go up i feel we would need a better manager...maybe but on a positive if he had a decent war chest could he then push on who knows but he seems to fail with his current performance!!

Successful in as much as he has kept us in a league which we could have fallen out of while chaos reigned behind the scenes. Didn't begrudge him going to the Blades, but at the same time, i don't think we have seen what he can do at his best yet either. Give him some money to spend and a season to get us out of this league, and the question will be much easier to answer in 15 months time. But since that isn't going to happen...

Successful in as much as he has kept us in a league which we could have fallen out of while chaos reigned behind the scenes. Didn't begrudge him going to the Blades, but at the same time, i don't think we have seen what he can do at his best yet either. Give him some money to spend and a season to get us out of this league, and the question will be much easier to answer in 15 months time. But since that isn't going to happen...

Successful because he hasn't got us relegated!??! Jesus, that sounds like a line directly out of bill bratts mouth!

Budget wise he is in the top 6 in this division, so I don't know why this idea of him working with less than the rest of the managers in this league comes from, and why people constantly ignore the fact when its mentioned.

Transfer wise he is in Special needs.

Motivation was his main strength, but he seems to have lost the touch.

Must do better!

If Micky leaves i fear for the Football League status of our club. There aint going be a manager we could bring as good as Micky Adams (John Barnes anyone????, Paul Ince anyone????).

I reckon Grew/Horse/Owen would do there best to keep us up however I don't have faith in them keeping us in the football league as they are very very inexperienced.

Micky is our biggest asset, we NEED to keep hold of him!

bob on, we all saw what a shambles we were in that match at Rovrum immediately after he went. Micky just sort of holds it all together on the pitch, preventing a complete capitulation ala plymouth and stockport.

Yeah, successful in not getting us relegated - I stand by that, given some of the players he inherited from the previous regimes. You seem to forget how bad we were before Mickey. If the only way you measure success is by promotion, then he's never going to be successful with this squad and no money. He has got us close to promotion once with some very ordinary players, so I think that merits him being called a success in that sense. But like I said in my first post, we will only know when his hands are untied and he is able to get the players he wants in - so measured against promotion criteria only, he will never be successful under this regime.

One measure of success is how many players he has brought on from the reserves - and that is one achilles heel for Micky - i think Morsy deserves a run out, especially after the last couple of games.

- i think Morsy deserves a run out, especially after the last couple of games.

Yeah defo, replacement for Gary Roberts, he actually gets forward aswell. He must up the picking list now Roberts has left. He hasn't been involved since he 'slapped' a Forest player in a reserve game has he?

The team is broadly in the position predicted by the bookmakers at the start of the season. He has been unlucky that Green, who certainly had talent, would not commit to a professional career and that one other signing has been long term injured along with Haldane. I think we need to be better in central midfield and to find the right pair up front. If he can do that and get us to the play offs I will regard him and colleagues as having done a very good job in the circumstances. Two years ago he got a run out of this team to nearly get there and could do so again. I can't see anyone else coming in who is available and better and I want to show him some loyalty - don't bother with the he left us point, he makes a living at this and will leave again I think if PV isn't sorted out.

Yeah, successful in not getting us relegated - I stand by that, given some of the players he inherited from the previous regimes. You seem to forget how bad we were before Mickey. If the only way you measure success is by promotion, then he's never going to be successful with this squad and no money. He has got us close to promotion once with some very ordinary players, so I think that merits him being called a success in that sense. But like I said in my first post, we will only know when his hands are untied and he is able to get the players he wants in - so measured against promotion criteria only, he will never be successful under this regime.

One measure of success is how many players he has brought on from the reserves - and that is one achilles heel for Micky - i think Morsy deserves a run out, especially after the last couple of games.

He hasn't got us close to promotion, in his first season we finished 10th. In his second season he deserted us half way through, so we cannot say he got us close to anything, this season we are 13th at the mid-point. He has a top 6 budget, but we have never finished in the top 6, so all this talk about not having any money is irrelevant in a relative sense against the teams around us. He has either signed or re-signed all these "very ordinary" players in the squad.

Archived