onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams not happy with the board(sentinel)

melv

and while waiting for all this Micky had 13 players registered in his footballing squad. If he hadn't offered to become a director then he would have been berated for not doing anything about it.

If he hadnt stuck his nose in when warned against then Lodey could have been co opted to the board for the business of running the club, no one would have berated Adams for the failure of the board he was there as a shield for Bratt nothing more nothing less

Advert

IMHO we are very lucky to have Micky as manager. I think some people need to take a step back and look at things. I have no doubt that with anybody else in charge at the moment we would be lurking somewhere towards the bottom of the table. Adams gets something extra from this group of players and that cannot be doubted.

All this grief he gets about jumping on board with those crooks is a load of rubbish. The guy clearly stated at the time his reasons, without his management of this situation he would not have been able to bring any players in to the club! Are people that stupid that they dont get this...? This IS and WAS the only reason he ever did what he did, he was giving himself the tools to actually do his job to the best of his ability. As soon as the situation was resolved he came back off the board. Micky Adams is not stupid, he doesnt want to involve himself with politics, he is a football manager.

People saying this statement in the sentinel is too little too late etc. . . again take a reality check. Would you go into work on a Monday morning and tell your manager you are unhappy with his/hers behaviour?? Would you boot!

Fair play to him for coming out and saying what he has about the situation but its blatently obvious hes not happy with the off field side of things and hasnt been for some time. Who in their right mind would continuesly slag off their employer? Give the guy a break!

If we had Grew/Horsefield/Gannon/Sinnott/Glover or any other random guy in charge at the moment i am convinced we wouldnt be 2 points off the playoffs but closer to 2 points above the relegation zone. Adams is doing a great job and deserves a huge pat on the back. His subs yesterday were spot on and he won us the game.

Well done Micky Adams.

I must be getting confused again..... not long ago adams wanted nothing to do with the politics now he seems to be complaining because no one is telling him about the politics... he went onto the board strictly for football reasons [so he says] but after getting his sponsorship removed he seems to need to know about the politics for football reasons.

Well mick I have to agree with your self assessment.... your not very bright are you.... alarmingly you think everyone else is as dim as you.

Are people that stupid that they dont get this...? This IS and WAS the only reason he ever did what he did, he was giving himself the tools to actually do his job to the best of his ability. As soon as the situation was resolved he came back off the board. Micky Adams is not stupid, he doesnt want to involve himself with politics, he is a football manager.

I wish people wouldnt try to rewrite history.... he didnt come off he was chucked off the board... adams said himself he wasnt very smart... if all he was interested in was the football why is he crying because no one is telling him whats going on... what difference does it make to him if deakin resigns or miller is in america... hes only interested in the football.

IMHO we are very lucky to have Micky as manager. I think some people need to take a step back and look at things. I have no doubt that with anybody else in charge at the moment we would be lurking somewhere towards the bottom of the table. Adams gets something extra from this group of players and that cannot be doubted.

All this grief he gets about jumping on board with those crooks is a load of rubbish. The guy clearly stated at the time his reasons, without his management of this situation he would not have been able to bring any players in to the club! Are people that stupid that they dont get this...? This IS and WAS the only reason he ever did what he did, he was giving himself the tools to actually do his job to the best of his ability. As soon as the situation was resolved he came back off the board. Micky Adams is not stupid, he doesnt want to involve himself with politics, he is a football manager.

People saying this statement in the sentinel is too little too late etc. . . again take a reality check. Would you go into work on a Monday morning and tell your manager you are unhappy with his/hers behaviour?? Would you boot!

Fair play to him for coming out and saying what he has about the situation but its blatently obvious hes not happy with the off field side of things and hasnt been for some time. Who in their right mind would continuesly slag off their employer? Give the guy a break!

If we had Grew/Horsefield/Gannon/Sinnott/Glover or any other random guy in charge at the moment i am convinced we wouldnt be 2 points off the playoffs but closer to 2 points above the relegation zone. Adams is doing a great job and deserves a huge pat on the back. His subs yesterday were spot on and he won us the game.

Well done Micky Adams.

No, i'm not stupid and wouldn't be so rude as to say you were just because your opinion is different than mine.

Mr Adams is lucky that he has the contract he does. He's lucky that he was in the right place at the right time. Just when Mr Bratt needed a boost to divert the attention from himself and the rest of the Board.

Maybe that is truly how he feels but also maybe it would have been better if he hadn't spouted off previously. Kept out of the politics because, as he said, he's not interested in them.

IMHO we are very lucky to have Micky as manager. I think some people need to take a step back and look at things.

I think portraying Adams as a beleagured manager who has had to put up with disrespect and a lack of resources is a little bit much though. Whatever anybody says about him only joining the board so we can sign players, he knew what he was doing. He was thrown a career life belt by Bratt because the old duffer knew it was the only thing in his power that he could do to deflect attention from his incompetence and mismanagement of the club.

If he wants to now ingratiate himself with those who have been forcing these parasites out of the club then fair enough. I don't think it is really a change of tack for him. He is looking after number 1 as he always has. If we, as supporters, benefit from that in the way of points on the board then I am all for it.

Well done Micky Adams.

Good post well said that man!!

Micky didn't have to make this statement, none of us would have known if he had been kept in the loop or not until he said he hadn't, whatever mistakes he's made in the past are in the past it's the future we should now be concerned with and his outburst can only help our cause in getting rid of the real culprits in this mess.===

Micky didn't have to make this statement, none of us would have known if he had been kept in the loop or not until he said he hadn't, whatever mistakes he's made in the past are in the past it's the future we should now be concerned with and his outburst can only help our cause in getting rid of the real culprits in this mess.===

as ever, spot on.===

All this grief he gets about jumping on board with those crooks is a load of rubbish. (1) The guy clearly stated at the time his reasons, without his management of this situation he would not have been able to bring any players in to the club! Are people that stupid that they dont get this...? This IS and WAS the only reason he ever did what he did, he was giving himself the tools to actually do his job to the best of his ability. (2) As soon as the situation was resolved he came back off the board. Micky Adams is not stupid, he doesnt want to involve himself with politics, he is a football manager.

Well done Micky Adams.

(1) - So, are you happy with the signings of Green, Roe, Burge, James etc and were they worth the Deakin and Miller show?

(2) - Micky did not voluntarily come off the board, Stan Meigh withdrew his proxy.

Archived