onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Norton Football Ground

Rudge's Flat Cap

You need to understand that as a football club we need to be FREE of Norman Smurthwaite.Totaly free of him.No connections with him at all.When FREE of him then we as a football club have a chance of moving forward.The sooner we cut all ties with him the better.It is as simple as that.The nearest that Smurtwaite should ever get to Vale park is some far off distant planet.

Correct the Asians (if they exist) should be made aware that we will not support them unless they include the ground if they follow up their deal.

There is no way That evil money grabbing bar steward should be allowed to keep the ground

He only paid 1.2 million for the club and ground and should not be allowed to profit by keeping the ground.

Advert

The ground and its components are the only material assets of the club. But that value depends on being a football ground since the use can't be changed under planning law except with local authority agreement. I suppose the split of ground from team could be viable if a pliant team owner comes in and pays over the odds for an intangible asset and locks in to a lucrative ground rent agreement. If I had lots of money I wouldn't do that, so I will be surprised if any realistic wealthy person or business will.

Indeed TD. I know the merged club initially played at Bagnall (I've played there against them a few times). My question is are they now using Norton CC as a ground as well?

All games are played at Bagnall. Sport Asia did play there for a while, but on Google Earth there appears to be a football pitch on the old cricket square.

The ground and its components are the only material assets of the club. But that value depends on being a football ground since the use can't be changed under planning law except with local authority agreement. I suppose the split of ground from team could be viable if a pliant team owner comes in and pays over the odds for an intangible asset and locks in to a lucrative ground rent agreement. If I had lots of money I wouldn't do that, so I will be surprised if any realistic wealthy person or business will.

My worry is that if the new owners can only afford 2.7 million and not buy the ground there is no future money to invest in team and we are still held to ransom with ground owned by that money grabbing bar steward.

My worry is that if the new owners can only afford 2.7 million and not buy the ground there is no future money to invest in team and we are still held to ransom with ground owned by that money grabbing bar steward.

Apparently,he's a successful property owner so it's probably been his main aim?

Alsager Town and Nantwich Town both licensed for 3500 capacity although it's possible that the Nantwich Town option is a non-starter due to monies owed by previous management and loan players having to be sent there in lieu. Other options locally include Leek Town 3600, Northwood Stadium with a 7000 capacity or Newcastle Town 4000. Kidsgrove couldn't take more than 2000.

It's probably more of a case that Norman hasn't made buying the ground an option - DESPITE the fact that he has in the past repeatedly stated that he would only sell the club with the ground, but we all know what a compulsive liar the man is. So we can't really say whether they would have the financial back or not. I don't think they will, because I don't think they exist.

Whats the point on renting from Norman? Think about all the revenue we lose by him keeping the ground - catering, hospitality, DVLA stuff.. the list goes on. That's a lot for us to lose.

We need our own ground if he won;t sell. In the meantime, we can either rent from Norman and give him the money, or give it to someone else. I know which I'd prefer. Vale Park isn't holy with that abomination in it.

What is the capacity of grounds like Norton, Kidsgrove? What about Leek Town?

Alsager Town and Nantwich Town both licensed for 3500 capacity although it's possible that the Nantwich Town option is a non-starter due to monies owed by previous management and loan players having to be sent there in lieu. Other options locally include Leek Town 3600, Northwood Stadium with a 7000 capacity or Newcastle Town 4000. Kidsgrove couldn't take more than 2000.

I'm good mates with the Nantwich Town secretary. He has told me it would involve a lot of work from the new owners to repair the Vale-Nantwich relationship. Northwood would probably be the best option financially but it would be an utterly grim couple of years at least in terms of watching the football.

May come to fans having to make a decision if Gorm sells the Club, but retains the ground. How many will actually desert the " new regime with Gorm still haunting the Club" and how many will actually break completely free in the hope of following a sensible alternative such as SS, if they were to buy a local club and start from scratch involving many years climbing the ladder up to league status again? This is going to be harrowing for many die hards. Personally I cannot envisage me EVER parting with my cash to go in any form to Gorm. Seriously, I would rather suck a lollipop, lol.

He reckons the fantasy hong kongian's are ready to stump up £2.8Million for a seat in the directors box and a FC with no home and heavily restricted generated income.

Therefore, given this bedtime story. How much do you think he wants for FC, Home and its income streams (That were previously always, until his involvement... all under the same umbrella) ?

Now take your estimate of Smurthwaite's ransom demands and decide if you, me, or indeed anyone will meet that crazy sum.

That's why i believe we are discussing new ground's...

I know it's more than 6 miles but what about Stafford Rangers ground?

Northwood stadium could be developed into a decent ground and being owned by the council may attract grants and loans to help.The floodlights would need improvement but I am sure Manorshop have connections to do this.

Archived