onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January window

darren1810

Couple of new additions to the squad, and we've kept whitfield. Both Crookes and elliot were considered below average by a lot of people before they had seen them play. Both look potentially very good. A free weekend to help bed in the new comers and hopefully time to appoint a manager. Lets give the new lads our full backing, and the new manager, whoever it is.

Brilliant mate a real Vale fan! Think the players we have signed will be good. Get Whitfield back in side, Pope back then Miller from suspension. With a new manager hopefully we will attack more at home. Away just play the way we have been doing. Crookes a good player, at home replace Joyce with one of the two new midfielders. What we want more than anything is the energy of these young players. Still think Montano should be in the side at home playing wide. Some players will need to start playing for their place now. I think we do now have a much stronger squad.

Advert

Outs

Dodds - did nothing, sorry mate

Hardcastle - seemed fine as a squad player but can understand why parent club might want him back as he wasn't give chance to play

Quigley - better suited to Blackpool Beach than a football pitch

Kanu - Headless chicken but he could have been helpful

Ins

Danny Elliot - chancer

Crookes - seems decent

Harris - won't score many goals but hes a good addition

Edser - who knows

Howkins - good signing

Whealan - who knows

Trickett-Smith - For the future

What we needed ; Goalscorer, Creative Midfielder, Left Back

What we got - chancers up front, defensive midfielders and two centre backs

We have strengthed the squad, but not in the right areas. It could have been a lot worse if we had sold Legge and Whitfield but it should have been a lot better if we had 400k to spend I would estimate were paying a very similar ammount on wages than we were on Dec 31st (having lost Barnett officially too)

Agree with most of that aside from the fact Crookes can play left back. To be honest with a 3-5-2 the wing backs we have are fine.

Can anybody explain these signings please, all completed today.

I thought you could only sign players with no club after the window.

1 February

Premier League

00:22 - Lazar Markovic [Liverpool - Fulham] Free

00:15 - Michy Batshuayi [Chelsea - Crystal Palace] Loan

English Football League

16:15 - Ibrahim Meite [Cardiff - Crawley] Free

16:00 - Okera Simmonds [blackburn - Accrington] Free

14:30 - Jonas Olsson [Djurgardens IF - Wigan] Free

12:12 - Brice Ntambwe [Partick Thistle - Macclesfield] Free

10:56 - Will Grigg [Wigan - Sunderland] £4m

09:43 - Molla Wague [udinese - Nottingham Forest] Loan

09:30 - Jonte Smith [Lewes - Oxford] Undisclosed

Can anybody explain these signings please, all completed today.

I thought you could only sign players with no club after the window.

1 February

Premier League

00:22 - Lazar Markovic [Liverpool - Fulham] Free

00:15 - Michy Batshuayi [Chelsea - Crystal Palace] Loan

English Football League

16:15 - Ibrahim Meite [Cardiff - Crawley] Free

16:00 - Okera Simmonds [blackburn - Accrington] Free

14:30 - Jonas Olsson [Djurgardens IF - Wigan] Free

12:12 - Brice Ntambwe [Partick Thistle - Macclesfield] Free

10:56 - Will Grigg [Wigan - Sunderland] £4m

09:43 - Molla Wague [udinese - Nottingham Forest] Loan

09:30 - Jonte Smith [Lewes - Oxford] Undisclosed

You have to get certain documents to the FA in time for the window closing, but the deal doesn't have to be fully completed and so some will go through late although everything had been submitted last night.

I remember last year when the Hugill deal went through very late and hoping that some of the windfall might get invested in the team.

We still have an unbalanced large squad of mainly non league players and, Pope aside, still no goals.

Crowds are down to about 3500 currently. I predict they'll be down to about 2500 by February 2020.

Enough is enough. Get out of our club.

Not the ideal window...

Positives

- Defence is even stronger and wasn't the weak point before

- Midfield options, the United and Forest lad both come well rated

- Strike Force more options

Negatives

- Strike force not proven

- Kids on loan inexperienced

We have the players to stay up comfortably as we've kept Leon and Ben for example and Manny and Hannant who we worried would go.

Issue imminently is the injuries to key players though and Miller being banned.

I agree entirely with that, even before the new players came in, I thought the squad was much stronger than last seasons and we are worse off... only one reason and we all know it, Aspin and his tactics. Now that he’s gone I expect a marked improvement... those now blaming Smurf need to get a grip! I’m no Smurf fan either before you say it.

S

I agree entirely with that, even before the new players came in, I thought the squad was much stronger than last seasons and we are worse off... only one reason and we all know it, Aspin and his tactics. Now that he’s gone I expect a marked improvement... those now blaming Smurf need to get a grip! I’m no Smurf fan either before you say it.

Are you related to him then?

Only someone related to him would stick up for him after the last 24 hrs.It isn’t as if it’s the first time he has tried to lie his way out of a situation. If he was Pinocchio his nose would reach High Lane by now.

We have suffered 7 years of lies and deceit from him and he has been in control over the whole time.

Even now he has been playing the victim on tv saying the fans are unfairly abusing him and his family.

Time up overall a bad signing.

Worrall a good player would play him inside forward. Just shows the strength of our side, yes we need to do a lot better at home and I forecast we won’t do worse than under Aspin whose tactics at home were crap we should have had 12 more points and would have had with an even fair manager!

It isn't as easy as that, Walter.

The problem we've got is scoring goals and if we want to get into the top half of the Table we need to be scoring 70 goals or thereabouts.

Pope might manage 15, but where are the other 55 coming from?

No-one else in our squad is a natural goalscorer.

The players we have are not good enough.

Can you tell me where these other 50-60 goals are coming from?

Archived