onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Grimsby Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Not a chance, it has 4-5-1 or 5-4-1 written all over it, with our most (our only?) mobile pairing clearly made the scapegoats for Tuesday. One defeat and Aspo has gone straight back to 'lets try not to lose first' and injuries is not an excuse for this line up.

I so hope I am wrong, but lets hope Grimsby have no pace or we could get absolutely mullered with this team selection. Hopefully we can hold out for a 0-0, or if we score first perhaps a 1-1, either way, I can't see it being pretty. But come on lads, let's see where some of the recent team spirit can take us.

Advert

It’s difficult to persist with Miller when he hasn’t scored for quite a while. I prefer Hardcastle to Joyce. Maybe feel a bit for Whitfield. In the long run, I’m wondering if Angus might be worth getting back but we’re short of options for out and out front men. You can point to Kanu’s goal the other week but I could have stuck that one away and I’m not sure he’s a striker. Quigley ismore cover for Pope. After that you are really looking at one up top with good support from midfield. I’d maybe ague with Hardcastle + Kay + Conlon but I guess Worral and Hannant have a brief to really get forward. Not that controversial a selection for me in the circumstances.

With seven goals from open play in eleven games, no one has scored for a while, but at least Whitfield and Miller (when they actually get the ball or some service)take players on, draw fouls, get penalties, and to be fair, as a team, we are not exactly tossing away golden opportunities- we're not creating them.

Let hope we're wrong and the boss is right, but when Worral and Hannant were playing together earlier, they didn't really get forward much at all, in fact, they attracted a lot of criticism for not doing so, and I also fear Kay's lack of pace, as happened at Tranmere may prove to be a weakness they may exploit. But we'll soon find out

Well that team is going to storm today against a team that is below us and not having a good run. Bet they get 3 points off us today.

Poor old Pope is going to be a frustrated striker this afternoon. Another battering and no service again. As Aspin said he is carrying an injury, so we will make Pope do everything by himself up front and hope the midfield help him some how. Guess its going to be hoooooooooof ball this afternoon.

Just don't understand the tactics at the moment. As Aspin pointed out - I am not stupid you know. Well tactics are not high on the list then at the moment. Bit like Page and Brown. Go for the draw and hope they don't score more than a goal.

Please prove all us negative fans wrong today Vale with 3 points and a performance that shows Aspin is a master tactician. I don't mind being proved totally wrong at all.

Well that team is going to storm today against a team that is below us and not having a good run. Bet they get 3 points off us today.

Poor old Pope is going to be a frustrated striker this afternoon. Another battering and no service again. As Aspin said he is carrying an injury, so we will make Pope do everything by himself up front and hope the midfield help him some how. Guess its going to be hoooooooooof ball this afternoon.

Just don't understand the tactics at the moment. As Aspin pointed out - I am not stupid you know. Well tactics are not high on the list then at the moment. Bit like Page and Brown. Go for the draw and hope they don't score more than a goal.

Please prove all us negative fans wrong today Vale with 3 points and a performance that shows Aspin is a master tactician. I don't mind being proved totally wrong at all.

Exactly my thinking, if we lose today there is huge pressure on Aspin after his team selection.

Hope I look incredibly stupid later.

That team is staggering , please explain how Kay suddenly comes from not in the squad to getting in ahead of Joyce ( Aspins signing ) .

Stand by for 90 minutes of lumping it to an increasingly frustrated Pope.

Honestly lost for words, mind you not many teams get much at Man City , oh sorry it's the mighty Grimsby my mistake.

I said from day one Clark is awful now he's cost us the game in the first minute! We are in real trouble

A bit of an over statement by you. He has put some good performances in previous games. Just a young player learning the game and makes silly mistakes. We are used to this at Vale, as if they were great all the time, then they would be playing a lot higher in the leagues. Normally a good line up would get a goal back and level the match and then go on to win. Just don't see that happening today.

Archived