onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

10 Game ticket

Advert

Bit of a contentious one here but if the facilities are as bad as some on here are making out, and given that only about 6 people sit in the Bycars anyway, surely to improve the atmosphere and save costs it would make the most sense to close the stand altogether, at least until attendance improve or enough season tickets are sold to justify keeping the thing open? No doubt, if that happened, the 6 people would royally kick off about not being able to sit where they wanted, and yet another argument would ensue. I'm surprised it hasn't happened already, tbh, given the potential for serious injury at every home game for those sitting in that stand when we were shooting towards it.

I assume, and hope, that you are playing devils advocate on this one.

But if you are being serious, then taking that a step further, we currently only need to open ONE stand to accommodate our faithful. Or maybe even move to Newcastle Town ?

I personally don’t care how many people occupy any stand. We are supposedly a professional club and ALL stands should be open at ALL times.

Nothing winds me up more than stands being closed.Hence my recent absence when the Railway Stand has been closed.

Not many people sit in the directors area at Vale. Let’s bloody well close that and relocate them to the Bycars.

This subject,as you may have gathered, makes my blood boil, thus increasing my already high blood pressure even further.

Let’s see Smurfthwaite queuing for lukewarm tea and no sugar and cold pies, assuming they haven’t run out already.

I personally don’t care how many people occupy any stand. We are supposedly a professional club and ALL stands should be open at ALL times.

Nothing winds me up more than stands being closed.Hence my recent absence when the Railway Stand has been closed.

Just 2 points from me on this:

1. So quite simply no matter what the cost or loss to the club you would expect a pretty much empty stand to remain open?

2. Re your non attendance when the Railway Stand has been closed. Really? I knew it didn't take much to stop some of our supporters from going but Jesus. Your choice but can't get my head around that.

#cantwinwontwin

Just 2 points from me on this:

1. So quite simply no matter what the cost or loss to the club you would expect a pretty much empty stand to remain open?

2. Re your non attendance when the Railway Stand has been closed. Really? I knew it didn't take much to stop some of our supporters from going but Jesus. Your choice but can't get my head around that.

#cantwinwontwin

My answer on both points. YES

I don’t know where you sit, but I presume Railway Paddock. If I’m wrong I apologise. If I am correct, wait til the paddock is closed and see how you feel.

My answer on both points. YES

I don’t know where you sit, but I presume Railway Paddock. If I’m wrong I apologise. If I am correct, wait til the paddock is closed and see how you feel.

I actually sit in the Railway Stand. Used to go in the Bycars many years ago (early 90s) but migrated over

I actually sit in the Railway Stand. Used to go in the Bycars many years ago (early 90s) but migrated over

In the 60’s, with my father I would stand on the Hamil. Then in early 70’s we moved to the Bycars for the atmosphere and then mid 80’s I moved to the Railway.

On your point about closing stands, when the Railway was closed for what is now the modern day Checkatrade Trophy I still went, but under duress.

But when it was closed for FA Cup matches (which for my generation was a BIG competition) enough was enough.

I value everyone’s opinion, but some things really get to me.

This is one.

Norm can stuff the 10 match ticket don't like the bycars never have not much for the lorne street either due to the weed smoking drunks effing and blinding continually.
Why don't you and couple of mates buy season ticket between you, if you really want to attend games a bit cheaper, where there's a will there's a way. Keep Believing. Keep the Faith, think positive, together we can achieve our goals. U.T.Vale

Why don't you and couple of mates buy season ticket between you, if you really want to attend games a bit cheaper, where there's a will there's a way. Keep Believing. Keep the Faith, think positive, together we can achieve our goals. U.T.Vale

IMHO the majority of people looking to buy a 10 game ticket are part of a social group who attend games together. For whatever reason (family, work, better things to do with their time), they can only commit to 10 games.

For many the company is as, if not more important than the football.

Making the discount 10 ticket for bycars only.

Makes the deal less attractive .

Should be £170 bycars

£180 paddock

£190 Lorne street .

If choosing latter should be able choose whichever stand you want.

Last season I went to bycars& paddock . I spend more in paddock due to the ability to by a pint .

So not offering facility in paddock is bad business .

And shows lack of commercial sense to customer bases wishes ( scrapping the barrel to get every pound possible out of customers ) . This may back fire with lower turnouts and less atmosphere .

Decided not to renew 10 game ticket after new year . I decided I would only be going to 6pointer matches

Vale and northern soul go hand in hand as you've perhaps inadvertently demonstrated,or perhaps it was intended?

Making the discount 10 ticket for bycars only.

Makes the deal less attractive .

Should be £170 bycars

£180 paddock

£190 Lorne street .

If choosing latter should be able choose whichever stand you want.

Last season I went to bycars& paddock . I spend more in paddock due to the ability to by a pint .

So not offering facility in paddock is bad business .

And shows lack of commercial sense to customer bases wishes ( scrapping the barrel to get every pound possible out of customers ) . This may back fire with lower turnouts and less atmosphere .

Decided not to renew 10 game ticket after new year . I decided I would only be going to 6pointer matches

i'll take me pick of matches as and when, cheapest way.

Been a season ticket holder most of my life, as far back as I can remember with my old man and brothers. Now older and circumstances have changed, I do not have a ST now due to other commitments the main one being work.

Last season I missed around 5-6 games and paid on the gate each time. Therefore I wanted a 10-game ticket, BUT NOT IN THE BYCARS! My old man and brothers sit in the Paddock, so why would I buy one in a different stand to them?

Although I think the club is now moving in the right direction, it is these kind of things that highlight the club do not really understand it's fan base.

At £180, we should be able to bring a guest to 2 different matches of choice as-well. IMO.

Archived