onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Premier League 18/19

TylerB

Still not sure how Liverpool are only 2 points behind City when they've not been anywhere near their best all season and everybody is saying how good City have been. But there isn't a better central pairing than Van Dijk and Gomez in the Premier League, and the sudden defensive prowess obviously has a lot to do with that.

Spurs have also had their critics this season with not signing any players in the summer but are in the mix too.

Advert

Still not sure how Liverpool are only 2 points behind City when they've not been anywhere near their best all season and everybody is saying how good City have been. But there isn't a better central pairing than Van Dijk and Gomez in the Premier League, and the sudden defensive prowess obviously has a lot to do with that.

Spurs have also had their critics this season with not signing any players in the summer but are in the mix too.

City are brilliant,Liverpool are charmed.

• 2 weeks later...
City are brilliant,Liverpool are charmed.

You don't go as many games that have been played so far this season and sit top of the league because you're "charmed". :laugh:

Liverpool are where they are because they deserve to be and are helped by having the best defence in the league and stronger options to come off the bench than they have had in years. Last night not even the likes of Shaqiri, Lallana and Sturridge managed to get on.

Perhsoe come the end of the season you just might eat a bit of humble pie for once and give a bit of credit where it is due. But then again pigs might fly. :laugh:

Let's see what happens on Sunday.

Mourinho in!

Klopp's Liverpool beat them today in 3rd gear.

Behave la,you played at your best.Unfortuneately ,for you,your best still isn’t good enough to collect trophies.I have to say,though,that Deflecto is a good signing for you.Anyway,where have you been ? Walton or Christmas dipping?:laugh:

Behave la,you played at your best.Unfortuneately ,for you,your best still isn’t good enough to collect trophies.I have to say,though,that Deflecto is a good signing for you.Anyway,where have you been ? Walton or Christmas dipping?:laugh:

The past is the past. I accept that you're an old fella and you're stuck in it. Fair enough.

Liverpool are clearly a growing force only getting better and better under a vibrant manager who's clearly improving himself, while United are on the decline and will soon be mid-table fodder just happy to not get sucked into a relegation battle the way things are going under the Outdated one. Still, give it another month and you'll probably be under the guidance of Mark Hughes!

I wish you a cracking Christmas though pal. I'll drop you off some nuts and raisins. :laugh:

Liverpool could have scored 5 or 6 today, even with Salah doing very little. I still think that Man City will slip up. Spurs may not be quite good enough to be champions in May , but Liverpool are for sure. It’s going to be interesting , this Greed is Good League.

Funny thing is, I've not seen one game this season where Liverpool's front three have all been at it. Firmino had his best game of the season today but he's not been at it since he came back from his eye injury for whatever reason. Mane has been up and down, which is the type of player he is to be fair, while Salah hasn't been the Messi level he was last season. There's still more to come, and they will need to find another gear to beat City to the title. I don't think they will myself, I'll think they'll fall just short, but nobody can say that Klopp hasn't done a wonderful job so are in his three years with Liverpool. Apart from the obvious candidate. :wink:

United are failing miserably under Mourinho and they need to get rid. Imagine what Klopp or Guardiola would do with the likes of Rashford and Martial. Or even Pochettino. Mourinho has been found out and his style of football just won't cut it anymore.

Hey you, my mother was born in Walton.

It's not good for United fans to listen to Jose talking about aiming for 4th place as that's about as good as it gets at the moment. Terrible PR even if it's realistically true. For as long as I can recall United's DNA has always been to be the best and nothing less than that is acceptable. The times they are a changing.

Something isn't right in the camp. It's crystal clear that it isn't working, despite having some super players in the squad and an awful lot of talent. It looks to me as if Jose's days are numbered but it takes 2-3 years to try and build a competitive team at this high level so it's hard to see United achieving much in the near future.

I half expected them to put on a show yesterday and I would not have been surprised if they had won the game as they are always capable on any given day. But, blimey, that was awful to watch and very poor stuff from them for the whole of the 90 minutes.

It's not good for United fans to listen to Jose talking about aiming for 4th place as that's about as good as it gets at the moment. Terrible PR even if it's realistically true. For as long as I can recall United's DNA has always been to be the best and nothing less than that is acceptable. The times they are a changing.

Something isn't right in the camp. It's crystal clear that it isn't working, despite having some super players in the squad and an awful lot of talent. It looks to me as if Jose's days are numbered but it takes 2-3 years to try and build a competitive team at this high level so it's hard to see United achieving much in the near future.

I half expected them to put on a show yesterday and I would not have been surprised if they had won the game as they are always capable on any given day. But, blimey, that was awful to watch and very poor stuff from them for the whole of the 90 minutes.

Pogba and Sanchez are proving to be real problems in this team?

Archived