onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Mansfield Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

His tactics were spot on today,tried to hold out for a point but undone by an own goal,so he went two upfront and we all got our rewards.

I thought the tactics were poor today. We just sat back and defended and literally waited for them to score. Playing Pugh Kay and tongue together will never work. I thought we were really poor today baring the last ten minutes or so. Thought the keeper was very good and both centre halves again. Turner looked well up for it when he came on and is a very good sub to have. It's a great point but I think we should've lost by a good 3/4 goals.

Advert

I thought the tactics were poor today. We just sat back and defended and literally waited for them to score. Playing Pugh Kay and tongue together will never work. I thought we were really poor today baring the last ten minutes or so. Thought the keeper was very good and both centre halves again. Turner looked well up for it when he came on and is a very good sub to have. It's a great point but I think we should've lost by a good 3/4 goals.

U really dont like Aspin as our manager do you.We could of won it in the end.

Aspins main job was to keep this poor squad up, and he has done by some margain too. Please lay off Aspin as hes done excellent under poor conditions..

U really dont like Aspin as our manager do you.We could of won it in the end.

Aspins main job was to keep this poor squad up, and he has done by some margain too. Please lay off Aspin as hes done excellent under poor conditions..

Where have I had a go at him there? I've called the match as I've seen it.

He's kept us up and done a good job, I don't want him gone I want him backed I just don't want to see negative tactics with 3 midfielders of a combined age of over 100.

Been the game called it as I saw it. Set up defensively, created nothing and were outplayed. They missed loads and we only really woke up when turner came on. Last 10 mins as I said we were great, for me it's a shame we didn't set up more offensively just with Whitfield in as I think we could've beat them today. Once again as I said a good point and job well done. On to next season.

Not really. I know you’ll say there’s only one stat that matters, but looking at the way the games played out is not exactly making me wish I’d gone today or that I should be buying a season ticket. Too defensive for me, sorry.

If he had gone attack minded and they had hammered us with the space that creates you would of slaughtered Aspin and we wouldn't be safe....some fans have to realise his remit was keep us up and most of us knew it wouldn't be pretty,we needed a point today at an attacking teams home ground(who also have a lot of pace),he went for that point,we went behind,he changed it and we got that point...got his tactics right today imo,i wasn't happy when i saw the midfield but it worked...in Aspin we trust

Funny old sport 2 months ago Turner and Hornby were down the road. One kept us in the match and the other set up the goal to guarantee safety.

I agree and that supports Neil's assertion that the door is always open for players to prove themselves . Sam and Dan have done well and I look forward to what they can do next season. Dan has always had promise he needs consistency

If he had gone attack minded and they had hammered us with the space that creates you would of slaughtered Aspin and we wouldn't be safe....some fans have to realise his remit was keep us up and most of us knew it wouldn't be pretty,we needed a point today at an attacking teams home ground(who also have a lot of pace),he went for that point,we went behind,he changed it and we got that point...got his tactics right today imo,i wasn't happy when i saw the midfield but it worked...in Aspin we trust

We were lucky today though, they missed 3/4. You can set up defensively there's no issue with that, but you still have to have something to hurt the opposition, otherwise your under pressure for 90mins. On another day I think we could've lost by a few here.

Hopefully next season if we set up like this aspin will have a few more attacking and pacey options to hurt the opposition.

We can now all sleep easier tonight! Well done Neil Aspin. Will be very interesting to see who goes and the shape (and size--depending on funds) of squad he puts together for next season. Clearly he's not going to have a big budget, but with his nous and Mr. Rudge's contacts, I live in hope. It's got to be better next season surely? This has been my 68th season as a PV supporter and sadly, it's been one of the worst in my memory. However, I'm always the optimist (don't we all have to be with PV?) and I'm already looking forward to season 2018/2019. Up the Vale!

We prob would of lost 4 or 5 if he hadn't got his tactics spot on

Having watched on i Follow i thought we battled hard but we are so short of quality on the ball it brings tears to my eyes. Now we are safe and Aspo can rebuild I hope to see us getting back to a footballing team not a pub team. Mansfield's passing and movement was far superior to ours but we dogged it out. I had actually given up hope and thought the season was going to go down to the wire with other results but up pops Dan Turner with a strikers nous and well.....Feed the Pope and he will score. Without being harsh the Mansfield CB's had had him in their pocket up until then. Onwards and upwards.....

We prob would of lost 4 or 5 if he hadn't got his tactics spot on

Did you watch the match?

I don't know how you can say the tactics we're spot on when one side was outplayed for 75/80 minutes and had what 20+ shots and one had what 4/5. We have hornby to thank today imo. It's a great point that I'm really happy we got I don't think we got it right tactically though given the amount of chances they had.

Did you watch the match?

I don't know how you can say the tactics we're spot on when one side was outplayed for 75/80 minutes and had what 20+ shots and one had what 4/5. We have hornby to thank today imo. It's a great point that I'm really happy we got I don't think we got it right tactically though given the amount of chances they had.

His tactics were to get a point,we were until the own goal,he changed it we then got the point,so imo he got it right,in your opinion he didn't,our opinions on him and football differ but thats the beauty of the game

His tactics were to get a point,we were until the own goal,he changed it we then got the point,so imo he got it right,in your opinion he didn't,our opinions on him and football differ but thats the beauty of the game

If you look it at like that then I suppose it worked. But we were dominated and should've lost by a few so imo the tactics weren't spot on. Anyway point gained I guess. Can't wait to get this season over and done with.

If you look it at like that then I suppose it worked. But we were dominated and should've lost by a few so imo the tactics weren't spot on. Anyway point gained I guess. Can't wait to get this season over and done with.

certainly agree with that last sentence......all vtwd

Archived