onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale recall Sam Hornby early - is he now in contention for the first-team?

News Feed

Advert

Brown made some poor signings in his reign, but none more than Lainton. Did anyone Brown or Garlick not have the brains to check his previous. He is a Powder Puff keeper when he plays, and that ain't very often.

Check his previous?

That's a good one mate, considering we were scouting from the Norwegian 9th division, the French Pub Leagues and YouTube Video's I'm going to hazard a wild guess Vale don't even carry out criminal background checks on players we sign

Guest Vale at home

port vale will not stay up . as it is The owner . That is sending Port vale Down . NOT Aspin I Do feel very very sorry for for Neal Aspin .

Check his previous?

That's a good one mate, considering we were scouting from the Norwegian 9th division, the French Pub Leagues and YouTube Video's I'm going to hazard a wild guess Vale don't even carry out criminal background checks on players we sign

Judging by some of the dubious characters we have had over the past few years, you are not far off the mark

Check his previous?

:laugh: Nile Ranger's a free agent isn't he (well, at least until he's put back in prison)?

I wonder if this is because Lainton has picked up an injury? Sadly (I don't wish injury on anyone) he does seem to pick them up.

If he was then this recall for Hornby would make sense.

Picks up injuries nearly as often as the ball out of the net. Hope it's not too serious injury and he is back in the squad pushing to a place. Never good when a Vale player gets injured.

Aspin said in his interview, that Sam would have played in the now postponed reserves game tomorrow and, in his word, "he's been brought back to sit on the bench on Saturday"...

I'm not saying Aspin is wrong, but my word, he's becoming more and more blunt about the squad, every interview! You don't even have to read between the lines anymore, to find out what he thinks about Browns dispositions in the summer, and most of the squad. Very honest indeed, but is it wise being THAT honest, I hope the answer to that is yes...

Aspin said in his interview, that Sam would have played in the now postponed reserves game tomorrow and, in his word, "he's been brought back to sit on the bench on Saturday"...

I'm not saying Aspin is wrong, but my word, he's becoming more and more blunt about the squad, every interview! You don't even have to read between the lines anymore, to find out what he thinks about Browns dispositions in the summer, and most of the squad. Very honest indeed, but is it wise being THAT honest, I hope the answer to that is yes...

To be fair that's the situation as a goalkeeper. You don't want your goalie wondering if he's playing on a Saturday, unless he's been in poor form. Admittedly all our goalies are in poor form but Boot kept a clean sheet last week so he's not going to be dropped.

Just a slightly related thought on the Hornby recall.

Chester are in huge financial trouble and are very much relying on help from clubs loaning them players to maintain a squad. They were relying on Hornby staying and now only have one "senior" keeper.

Clearly it's our prerogative to recall our player but we have a youngster, Joe Slinn, who isn't off on loan and isn't near our first-team or even in the reserves.

I think if we offered him to Chester:

a) He'd qualify for an emergency loan as they only have one keeper

b) I bet they'd be grateful for a cover keeper even a very inexperienced one

c) I reckon Chester can't afford any wages but surely it would be in Vale's interests to let him go while still paying his wages (after all he's going to get experience of being in a first-team squad)

d) Surely it's better him being on the bench / playing for the reserves for a National League side than not even getting into our reserve side

e) Finally it would also be nice to a club in financial trouble to offer them a player to replace the one we took back

Not sure what the National League rules are on outfield players and loans but if they are allowed would it not be worth getting someone like Billy Reeves (not in the first-team picture at all) on loan to them too?

I think you have a point re Aspin's opinion of the current squad. In his interview on Saturday, he said, clearly, that the players weren't doing at all in matches what they were doing in training (referring to the lumping of the ball up to Pope every time). These players have to stand up and be counted, otherwise they'll have a relegation from our lowest league on their records, and will find it extremely difficult to find another league club next season (most of them will anyway I suspect!).

Just a slightly related thought on the Hornby recall.

Chester are in huge financial trouble and are very much relying on help from clubs loaning them players to maintain a squad. They were relying on Hornby staying and now only have one "senior" keeper.

Clearly it's our prerogative to recall our player but we have a youngster, Joe Slinn, who isn't off on loan and isn't near our first-team or even in the reserves.

I think if we offered him to Chester:

a) He'd qualify for an emergency loan as they only have one keeper

b) I bet they'd be grateful for a cover keeper even a very inexperienced one

c) I reckon Chester can't afford any wages but surely it would be in Vale's interests to let him go while still paying his wages (after all he's going to get experience of being in a first-team squad)

d) Surely it's better him being on the bench / playing for the reserves for a National League side than not even getting into our reserve side

e) Finally it would also be nice to a club in financial trouble to offer them a player to replace the one we took back

Not sure what the National League rules are on outfield players and loans but if they are allowed would it not be worth getting someone like Billy Reeves (not in the first-team picture at all) on loan to them too?

Good shout that one. It works on two levels. Allows Joe to get experience and helps Chester as well. So that is bound not to happen.

Archived