onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

13 minutes ago, Nofinikea said:

The sitting PMs should have proposed cancelling all recesses until the situation was resolved.  However, the situation has now escalated since BJ took over as he is actively talking about no deal which he thinks will sharpen the minds of the EU.  It might, but it's also sharpened the knives at Weatminster.

He knew he was facing all sorts of issues and so has done what he has done.  However I do agree with you that this is for the reason of getting on an election footing rather than solely Brexit.

However Geo, you have still not told me the process of how they go about canceling recesses and how long it takes because you make it seem like an easy task that could have been done at any time but have not yet demonstrated that is the case.  I am not sure it's as easy as you purport it is but you seem stuck on it without knowing.

I also think some need to get there heads around the fact immigration will continue.

The pm does not control parliament it's not often they control their own party members..... May certainly couldn't.

I think it could have been brought forward by any member from any party, possibly a private members thingy or some such.... if there had been the will, determination and support.... as there seems to be with no deal, vote of no confidence, coalitions, legal challenges etc etc...... if a petition reaches a number of signers that has consideration too, parliament has to look at it.

Politicians seem to be akin to last minute Xmas shoppers...... leave everything to the last day and moan like bugger things aren't available..... these people are the planners for the future.... the better informed who look at all the possibilities, weigh up the costs and consequences in advance to counter any problems that may arise....... these are the people we trust to take care of us, our children, grandchildren,  future generations and the future of the country.....

the turkeys have gone, no mince pies, gift shops empty only one box of crackers left and they are damaged..... looks like a Wright's pie from the freezer again.... we could be setting a precedent ...... why aren't the kids coming again?

Advert

31 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Just suppose this is a cunning plan by Bojo and Co to concentrate the minds of the EU because they will see no deal is inevitable if they don't do something.  Just suppose the EU bends a bit and we actually end up with a deal.  What do you think will be the reaction of FUA, RB and Howjy:

a) They will applaud Boris for being a genius;

b) They will say they never wanted No Deal anyway despite banging on about it being the best thing since sliced bread,

c) They will spontaneously combust?

Every time I said just suppose when I was a kid I would get a clip around the ear..... for not staying with reality.

Boris would proclaim himself the second coming...... I would simply say T F it's over..... I would raise my voice to fill decibel capacity

23 minutes ago, geosname said:

The pm does not control parliament it's not often they control their own party members..... May certainly couldn't.

I think it could have been brought forward by any member from any party, possibly a private members thingy or some such.... if there had been the will, determination and support.... as there seems to be with no deal, vote of no confidence, coalitions, legal challenges etc etc...... if a petition reaches a number of signers that has consideration too, parliament has to look at it.

Politicians seem to be akin to last minute Xmas shoppers...... leave everything to the last day and moan like bugger things aren't available..... these people are the planners for the future.... the better informed who look at all the possibilities, weigh up the costs and consequences in advance to counter any problems that may arise....... these are the people we trust to take care of us, our children, grandchildren,  future generations and the future of the country.....

the turkeys have gone, no mince pies, gift shops empty only one box of crackers left and they are damaged..... looks like a Wright's pie from the freezer again.... we could be setting a precedent ...... why aren't the kids coming again?

The Government of the day controls parliamentary business for most of the time as would be expected, except for special days where the opposition/private members have their own periods. In times of crisis, closing parliament for conferences is a luxury. Whether this will be raised this week who knows, as there are other things on the go. Parliament has only been open for 1 day in his term as PM so little time for parliament  to do things. So what does he do but close parliament as soon as he can without truthful explanation. Cameron introduced fixed term parliaments to further strengthen the power of hung/coalition governments, otherwise the votes against May`s deal would have resulted in an election. 

10 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

The Government of the day controls parliamentary business for most of the time as would be expected, except for special days where the opposition/private members have their own periods. In times of crisis, closing parliament for conferences is a luxury. Whether this will be raised this week who knows, as there are other things on the go. Parliament has only been open for 1 day in his term as PM so little time for parliament  to do things. So what does he do but close parliament as soon as he can without truthful explanation. Cameron introduced fixed term parliaments to further strengthen the power of hung/coalition governments, otherwise the votes against May`s deal would have resulted in an election. 

Are you suggesting that for 3 years it hasn't been a crisis but for 1 day it has?...... surely if you desperately want/need to stop no deal you start in 2016? 2017? 2018? The first 8 months of 2019? Or is it only because Boris took over.... he's a leaver and may was a remainer?

3 years in crisis, failed attempts to stop no deal........ suddenly it's all gone suicidal

Is it possible that Boris wants to start a panic so he can lop off a few heads and the chickens will keep running?

Isn't it likely he is deliberately causing panic so everyone hones in on brexit while he carves them up on another battlefield?

If everyone is scrutinizing brexit with such intensity who is watching the family silver?

30 minutes ago, geosname said:

Are you suggesting that for 3 years it hasn't been a crisis but for 1 day it has?...... surely if you desperately want/need to stop no deal you start in 2016? 2017? 2018? The first 8 months of 2019? Or is it only because Boris took over.... he's a leaver and may was a remainer?

3 years in crisis, failed attempts to stop no deal........ suddenly it's all gone suicidal

Johnson is the crisis, the 1 day PM, his only interest is power.

Archived